Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Snow Watch: Scotland

Posted

got about 1-2cm here, most we`ve had for..........2 or 3 years!!!!

Its still coming down pretty well too!

Posted

Suspect we are completely blocked in upwards of 8 hours of heavy continuous drifting snow overnight and the radar suggests it is n"t finished yet coming in off the Firth from an east of north direction. temp - 1 c and a strong muffled wind absolutely classic .If I was to make a guess I think there is over 15 cms of snow but with all the drifting it is impossible to tell

Posted
Suspect we are completely blocked in upwards of 8 hours of heavy continuous drifting snow overnight and the radar suggests it is n"t finished yet coming in off the Firth from an east of north direction. temp - 1 c and a strong muffled wind absolutely classic .If I was to make a guess I think there is over 15 cms of snow but with all the drifting it is impossible to tell

NICE! send it here!!! i know we got some here, but i want MORE, can still see the grass peeking through!

Posted

Update wind now roaring between house and steading must be gale force and we seem to be stuck under a sort of snow streamer off the Firth if I am correct absolute blizzard conditions!!!!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Freezing fog, frost, snow, sunshine.

I'm currently on the phone to my dad in Inverness and it's apparently quite crazy up there...

Yeah mate, if i can get out the door because of the snowdrifts :lol: Only one 9am start a week though so not bad!

I know I feel your pain, 3 of them, nightmare! However, Thursday and Friday off = fuuuun Thursday nights!

Bless my little cotton socks, parts of Moray Firth just got hit by close to downpour strength precipitation, accompanied blizzard-strength winds and cold temperatures, that must have been quite a sight.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

At last! 2cm of snow thismorning...69 kentimeters? I still await my SATSIGS ready reckoner... :lol:

Posted

Just looked at Meto rainfall radar and it sure looks interesting up north....it looks to be moving very very slowly southwards, so I'm officially adopting it as "Today's Main Event".

This allows me to sit and stare rabidly at my monitor urging the ppn to get it's backside down to the Central Belt.

MON THEN !

Posted

Well it is completely white here in the North East, just trying to make my mind up if I can make it the 45miles into work???

Is there anymore on the way????

Posted

Listening to local radio police have said not to travel for 3 hours in Moray to allow snowploughs to clear roads and A96 closed a Keith because of drifting snow. Next to no traffic on the section of A96 that I look down on and what there is is crawling. Will be some sight when daylight comes. Drifts up to 2 feet near steading!!!!

Posted

About an inch of snow here, not any snow currently falling but the clouds are still orangey :)

Let's hope it doesn't melt straight away... that would be the first time that has happened for about 5years if it doesn't melt :D

BBC forecasts had light snow hanging on til lunchtime now and snow showers in the north and west tomorrow.

Posted

Ross - what do you think the chances are, of keeping a Scottish Thread pinned ongoing from now ?

It's been a breath of fresh air being able to "freely" post in here with fellow Sporran wearers..sometimes the Model Thread etc get a bit too technical :D

Posted

Convoy system appears to be operating on A96 as have just seen a half a mile of cars following a snowplough going west. Snow easing, but still blowing about so lots of minor roads will still be bad.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: COLD AND SNOWY

finally a covering in ayr overnight it was wet at 11pm last night ,looks like thats it know tho from the radar but ne scot getting loads webcam for granton on traffic scotland was white out no road to be seen <_< :cold:

Posted
Anyone know what Aberdeen can expect given the stories I'm hearing about Moray/Aberdeenshire? Doesn't look like any more snow fell in the city, but sounds grim to the north?

Looked out the window recently?

Snow began falling 20 mins or so ago, as I got up. Looking at the radar there is a whole heap more to come too.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything outwith the mean.
The snow is creeping down from the north, but can it make it the 50 miles to Dundee without fizzling out?

Place your bets ladies and gentlemen, in the lottery that is Scotlands weather :rofl:

Wil it creep to Dundee ? Maybe

Will it creep on to Edinburgh and the SE ? Heart says yes, head says no...

I don't want to be too hard on the metoffice/BBC but what the heck I will. Its basically about 33% correct at this point.

NE Snow ... Yes, they got that right (the easy part)

No real snow west of Harthill .. Wrong, as the reports from Kilmarnock indicates

SE Snow ... no, quite wrong . Unless that splodge makes it intact down the country (that'd be a first)

Most on here would have made a better 12-18 hour forecast at teatime yesterday than Gail did on the BBC.

Edited by by-tor

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Freezing fog, frost, snow, sunshine.

Looking quite beautiful in Inverness this morning by the looks of the webcam.

Can't wait to get rid of the grey monstrosity of the 60s beside the castle...

post-8058-1233821617_thumb.jpg

Posted

started here at 7am, already 2inches, very heavy and blowing - A96 closed a little further up - think it's also hit Aberdeen now too, we had a power outage so sorry if it's already reported

schools closed now = 100+, very rare for our school to actually close

Enjoy!

Posted
Ross - what do you think the chances are, of keeping a Scottish Thread pinned ongoing from now ?

It's been a breath of fresh air being able to "freely" post in here with fellow Sporran wearers..sometimes the Model Thread etc get a bit too technical :o

Agree, totally regards a thread for those north of the border. Not the technical part, which I enjoy, but all the NIMBY stuff down in the other threads (chat, cold & snow - especially cold & snow) makes me roll my eyes. You have no idea of the length of my ignore list - half the page can often be ignored posts!

Snow building up fast here with a large amount to come, juging by the radar. Snow boots again this morning I think. At least it won't be a splashy squelchy noise on my walk to work like yesterday, through the wet snow/slush.