Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Snow Watch: Scotland

Posted
ayr here again and its still +1.1 on weather station and its been drizzle not snow for past 5 hours off and on very disapointing hopefully the direction off the front coming down from the moray firth at mom with the heavy precipitation will meander this way cause this is just mince - i know its the gulf stream here but no snow so far this :wallbash:winter apart from a flurry monday morning

Yeah, time for us to give up and go to bed I reckon.

still got snow here, and the gritters have just been down this street, so they must be doing ALL roads, last time they done this street, the snow was more than knee deep!

Still not believing you! Dry here, it may have drizzled a little a while ago but dry now.

Posted
Yeah, time for us to give up and go to bed I reckon.

Still not believing you! Dry here, it may have drizzled a little a while ago but dry now.

well it is! drive down, see for yourself!!! :D

it is a dusting tho, and at the mo its pretty much stopped, back to the ice crystal things for the moment!

Maybes coylton is just the wrong place to be! :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything outwith the mean.

I think that the metoffice/BBC are not for the first time, sticking with a forecast thats already gone wrong. This for SW Scotland Lothian and the Borders, issued this afternoon and the line they've stuck with subsequently.

Headline:

Sleet and snow overnight, slowly clearing during Thursday.

This Evening and Tonight:

A frosty evening in the south, then the sleet and snow in the Central Belt will move south, giving moderate falls across the Borders, elsewhere mainly slight. Moderate northeast winds. Minimum temperature -1 °C.

Thursday:

Cloudy for much of the time with further outbreaks of snow, heavy over parts of the Borders but light and patchy elsewhere. Turning dry, clear and frosty by evening, Maximum temperature 2 °C.

Only problem is that the sleet and snow in the central belt was patchy and miniscule... its already gone... and theres none of that left to move south. Yes, its belting down in the far NE but it goes against all experience that this essentially convective activity will migrate over 150 miles of mountains and hills to deliver anything. Good luck to the NE but I'll eat the hat of anyones choice if it makes its way as far south as they're suggesting. I can't think of anytime that I've seen that happen. You might as well say an easterly will deliver snow to Oban...same idea and just as unlikely.

Posted
well it is! drive down, see for yourself!!! :unsure:

it is a dusting tho, and at the mo its pretty much stopped, back to the ice crystal things for the moment!

Maybes coylton is just the wrong place to be! :unsure:

Coylton is never the wrong place to be! I do have my eye on a couple of houses in Dalrymple right now though, will wait for the prices to fall another 30 or 40 % though.

I keep meaning to take a drive up the doon valley on nights like this but, to be honest, I can't be bothered. Apparently they have a slight covering up in dalmellington.

Posted

The smallest flakes ive ever seen have been falling here since 17.00 and left a light covering in places,at this rate the busses will be off in the morning :unsure:

Posted
Coylton is never the wrong place to be! I do have my eye on a couple of houses in Dalrymple right now though, will wait for the prices to fall another 30 or 40 % though.

I keep meaning to take a drive up the doon valley on nights like this but, to be honest, I can't be bothered. Apparently they have a slight covering up in dalmellington.

slight covering here too!=p

It looks like the drizzle in ayr is moving over here and freezing on its way down. Theres the odd big flake mixed in sometimes.

Im surprised we have snow here tho, its not often we get it! I see rankinston was white on tuesday morning. They always get a good dumping up there, the altitude helps!

Posted

Still snowing very lightly here with mist. A light covering with 1-2cm. Not amazing but better than recent years i suppose...! A shame it has all died out but that is what i expected to happen so i cant complain :rolleyes:

Posted

Here on the North Coast we have had a day of consistent rain/sleet. Temp now at 0.4 and due at-0.6 and the wind is a NNE direction around 25mph, but still it rains.

Snow to the North of us in Shetland I see from coasties post and there is snow to the south. Even if it did start to snow the ground is saturated I doubt it would lie. Still one can pray for a miracle.

Edited by waxwing

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: where's my vote?

sleet & snow here at sea level. temp's wavering around 0 to 1c so no real optimism for a snow dat tomorrow as we head to bed. quite onionse really.

Posted

I dunno, it has died away and re-intensified all day. Lets just hope it does again...still snowing here though. Its a shame we get the snow when its so light :D

Posted
I dunno, it has died away and re-intensified all day. Lets just hope it does again...still snowing here though. Its a shame we get the snow when its so light :D

Definitely. The snow here was so fine I could barely see it! Snowed for about 5 hours but stopped around 7 leaving a light covering. At least it's nice to look at :)

Would be good to wake up to a surprise like Monday morning.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow/Blizzards, Storms, Sun, Lightening

The snowfall has dried up here. Hopefully more on the way though but can't access my radar just now :wallbash: . So I am just doing the old fashioned sit and lampost watch technique :cray: . (Well I'm getting my gf to look for me cos I am at the other end of the room :lol:

Posted
Definitely. The snow here was so fine I could barely see it! Snowed for about 5 hours but stopped around 7 leaving a light covering. At least it's nice to look at :wallbash:

Would be good to wake up to a surprise like Monday morning.

It appears to be joining up with the snow over the N.East now, so this may help to intensify it :lol: I'm going to bed though, up at 6:30 to go to uni :cray:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow/Blizzards, Storms, Sun, Lightening
It appears to be joining up with the snow over the N.East now, so this may help to intensify it :) I'm going to bed though, up at 6:30 to go to uni :(

6.30 :cray: You got a 9 am start? I hate days with 9 am starts! :wallbash: . Prob why I never go to them!!!! :lol:

Posted
6.30 :lol: You got a 9 am start? I hate days with 9 am starts! :wallbash: . Prob why I never go to them!!!! :(

Yeah mate, if i can get out the door because of the snowdrifts :cray: Only one 9am start a week though so not bad!

Posted
It appears to be joining up with the snow over the N.East now, so this may help to intensify it :) I'm going to bed though, up at 6:30 to go to uni :cray:

Looking meaty up there. Come to Papa :pardon:

I'm off to bed as well - good luck to all with the snow :rolleyes:

Guest Shetland Coastie

Looks interesting for up here for tomorrow along with increasingly heavy snow we have this:

Fair Isle

Gale warning 2142 Wed 04 Feb

Severe gale force 9 now decreased gale force 8, backing northerly and increasing severe gale force 9 soon

soon= 6-12hrs of time of issue which is between 3-9am tomorrow.

Severe Gale 9 and snow - lovely :D

Posted

It has only taken about 8hours of continuous snow but we now finally have something a bit heavier with normal sized flakes :yahoo: