Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Snow Watch: Cymru And South West England

J10

Posted
Yeah, queens drive down by coate roundabout is covered in snow, truck just went through it and made tracks and within minutes they were filled again.

I'm only a mile from Coate, coming down quite heavy now and more precip is heading our way! We could wake to quite a covering.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.

Im not sure about that band hitting north somerset and bristol it seems to want to pass to the east of us??

Had a dusting so far but im just worried it will turn to rain in early hours :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms, Heat, Ice, Freezing Fog. Etc

Moderate snow in Stroud for 10 mins now, starting to settle in places...

Posted

Pretty much tipping it down here moderate I would think. Windy as well, which adds to the 'cool' effect.

Shame it's only a shower and my location is going to miss out big time tonight. 3 days off is lazy enough, maybe god is getting me back! :)

Posted
I'm only a mile from Coate, coming down quite heavy now and more precip is heading our way! We could wake to quite a covering.

Looks like one of the heaviest parts is heading straight for us too! Will keep lamp post watching.

Posted
Friend just informed me of heavy snow now in Blunsdon (nr Swindon)

Just a few miles north of me, it's falling heavy here.

Posted

What makes me wonder is so many people are all shouting downgrade because of the beebs forecast? The werent right yesterday morning werethey? In fact neither was the met. Just nowcast wait and see, Radar is all to cock tonight and so are the forecast to be quite frank.

Posted
Im not sure about that band hitting north somerset and bristol it seems to want to pass to the east of us??

Had a dusting so far but im just worried it will turn to rain in early hours :wallbash:

Mullender had a great forecast from Angwin....predicted up to 20 cm anywhere for here mate...was off the radio

Potishead snow...Blizzard conditions reported Stoke Gifford....and other places

Posted
This is gonna be better than Monday! (*hopes snow doesn't stop instantly as i post*)

That always happens to me! It stops just as you tell people lol. It's very light here in bristol now.

Edited by sabrina2090

Posted

Had a dusting so far but im just worried it will turn to rain in early hours :wallbash:

Have a look here, http://raintoday.co.uk/. From that link watch where the ppn is heading from France. Despite the direction it looks it's actually starting to head in a N/W direction. The bulk should hit anywhere from Cardiff Eastwards, will it snow further East? All down to the Temp etc

Posted
Seconded!

Couple of centimetres now i'd say and still moderately falling!

is it fairly dry snow? does it look like it might turn? That precipitaions overlay is freeking me out and just worry's me!

Posted
Im guessing about 90 mins, but its hard to say. Seems to be moving really slow which is good I suppose when it gets here

Thankyou. I'm signing off now and I hope I wake up to a whiteout, and no uni! Have fun peeps x.

Posted
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)
What makes me wonder is so many people are all shouting downgrade because of the beebs forecast? The werent right yesterday morning werethey? In fact neither was the met. Just nowcast wait and see, Radar is all to cock tonight and so are the forecast to be quite frank.

I'm secretly hoping this is the case, as they really struggle with snow, and developments and shifts do occurr as we saw yesterday to our benefit over here! At least the temperature and dew points are on our side, just need the precipitation to develop over closer to our SSE at some stage tonight or tomorrow.

Posted
chippenham snowing....Stroud...marsh field

1.3 temp

cloudy with no snow here at moment but green echoes are close by and temperature is -0.5 and steady