Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Snow Watch: Cymru And South West England

J10

Posted
its all far tooo east for the main stuff :lol:

I know how you feel, the bulk has moved to the East..... might get an hour of snow tops down our way/up your way. Hopefully an inch if we're lucky! Haven't seen the forecasts today, was it all meant to be further to the West?

Posted
Had about 1 cm and a bit in an hour here (15 miles north of Bournemouth), my car was clear at 9, and its still coming down. Meteox even has some red coming our way, woot.

Same here but apparently it is going to turn to rain. The temps are going up...... and I was so excited that I wouldn't have to go to work tomorrow too! I am going to try and post a piccie in a mo. I can't believe that almost all of our 2 inches had pretty much gone by 6pm this evening but now my back garden is a white out again. I am really so utterly gobsmacked at this weather we are having it is so rare.

Posted
its all far tooo east for the main stuff :lol:

Those bands are rotating around an area of low pressure.

You can already see the precipitation edging slightly west, so don't worry, you will definitely see some snow!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and sunny or cold and snowy. Nothing inbetween.

South West England: Bath + NE Somerset Bristol Gloucestershire N Somerset S Gloucestershire Swindon WiltshireHeavy Snow0001 Thu 51200 Thu 5Heavy snow is likely Wednesday night and into Thursday morning, giving significant accumulations before turning lighter towards afternoon. Between 5 to 10 cm is widely expected and 10 to 20 cm is possible more locally.

The public are advised to take extra care and refer to the Highways Agency for further advice on traffic disruption on motorways and trunk roads.

Issued at: 2208 Wed 4 Feb

WOOOOO HOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted

Really cold out here 1.4c with a stiff N.E wind. Can almost smell the snow in the air, but nothing falling yet. I won't be able to sleep tonight as i had to decide in the morning wether or not our pre-school opens!

Posted

Lynxus........there is a massive beefy spaghetti large humungus area from the West of IOW heading here.

NOT the thin band...

We are going to have a hit..Its forever creepying expanding growing this way :D

10 to 20 cm is possible more locally. :lol: :(:(

Edited by dogs32

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.

Just had a heavy shower which has left 1cm

current temp is -0.6

I am still worried it will turn to rain later though even here on high ground :lol: :(

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold in winter, snow, frost but warm summers please
I have nothing! Why has everyone else in bristol got snow and I havent?

Does make one wonder... thankfully ive no idea what its doing outside, but Hitman is quite an interesting film... the story is somewhat lacking, but there we go... good to know hollywood is still knocking out films to bash the Russians.

Posted

So OK my last post was 5 mins ago. At the time we had heavy heavy snow, a white out and I was reading other posts and it told me it was going to rain..... I went outside for a ciggie and guess what? It's peeing down with rain. What can I say? Another beer I think....

Posted

UPGRADE ALERT!!!

BBC News weather, right now, snow for Bristol thru' the night. Darren Bett even mentioned Bristol as the main focus of tonight's snow.

This was a definite upgrade. White all around BTL on charts right thru' night and into morning :( :lol:

EDIT: Absolutely chucking it down!!! That lampost has never looked so good!!

Edited by Bristle boy

Posted
UPGRADE ALERT!!!

BBC News weather, right now, snow for Bristol thru' the night. Darren Bett even mentioned Bristol as the main focus of tonight's snow.

This was a definite upgrade. White all around BTL on charts right thru' night and into morning :o :o

EDIT: Absolutely chucking it down!!! That lampost has never looked so good!!

:) bring it on!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and sunny or cold and snowy. Nothing inbetween.

Just received email notification from Halfords.............the sledge I ordered has been dispatched!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

According to the BBC Forecast just now, snow going for much of tomorrow morning here in the West Country and fizzling out but not exactly turning to rain.