Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Snow Watch: Cymru And South West England

J10

Posted

Snowing hard here and the temperature has fallen from 0.9C an hour ago to 0.0C now since the snow started.

Looks like Richard Angwin 1, National forecast nil, so far

Posted
According to the BBC Forecast just now, snow going for much of tomorrow morning here in the West Country and fizzling out but not exactly turning to rain.

yes Mike.I saw this earlier....here its not going to turn only the east of the snow....

Posted
UPGRADE ALERT!!!

BBC News weather, right now, snow for Bristol thru' the night. Darren Bett even mentioned Bristol as the main focus of tonight's snow.

This was a definite upgrade. White all around BTL on charts right thru' night and into morning :o :o

EDIT: Absolutely chucking it down!!! That lampost has never looked so good!!

Yeh it is getting a bit heavier then.

I know you're all getting excited in Bristol, but looking at the Radar I can't see how you're going to get that much accumulation? I would've thought it'll end up a bit further north.. The precipitation looks too far east to hit bristol later on.. I could be wrong.. Just my take on looking at the radar.

Noticeable difference in the recorded forecast between Derek at 10.30pm and the forecast, snow now not lasting as long for the morning as compared to earlier forecasts for Wales, heaviest snow in Bristol and Wiltshire areas in the morning.

Looking at the radar it would suggest some form of precipitation this evening, but it had remained dry.

Posted
I know you're all getting excited in Bristol, but looking at the Radar I can't see how you're going to get that much accumulation? I would've thought it'll end up a bit further north.. The precipitation looks too far east to hit bristol later on.. I could be wrong.. Just my take on looking at the radar.

now now, don't spoil our dreams :o

Posted

Updated Warning for Wales: Bring on the Heavy Snow :D:D:D:D

Wales: Blaenau Gwent Bridgend Caerphilly Cardiff Merthyr Tydfil Monmouthshire Neath Port Talbot Newport Powys Rhondda Cynon Taff Torfaen Vale of Glamorgan Heavy Snow 0000 Thu 5 1200 Thu 5 Outbreaks of snow, heavy at times, are likely during Wednesday night and into Thursday morning, giving significant accumulations in places. Between 2 and 5 cm are expected and up to 10 cm is possible locally away from the immediate coast.

The public are advised to take extra care and refer to Traffic Wales for further advice on road conditions.

Issued at: 2239 Wed 4 Feb

Posted

YAY! Just starting to snow here. Small flakes moving fast in the wind, temp now 1.1c I feel a midnight walk coming on if it gets any heavier! :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms & Snow.

Dry here, not expecting any snow, off to bed

Posted

Its moving NW

Posted
Snowing hard here and the temperature has fallen from 0.9C an hour ago to 0.0C now since the snow started.

Looks like Richard Angwin 1, National forecast nil, so far

Yes, my crazy head suggests I go and take a picture of the Cement Works, my sensible head tells me Wiltshire is short of grit. :D I suspect the Bratton road is not top priority...

Posted

The centre of the low pressure is currently located west of france, the precipitation is now starting to swing around it and track N/W.

The west will do VERY well tonight :D

Stop worrying, look at the radar carefully!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms and snow

Nothing to report as yet, dogs - give it another 10-15 mins I reckon :-)

Severe Weather Warning now issued for South East Wals .

Wales:

Blaenau Gwent, Bridgend, Caerphilly, Cardiff, Merthyr Tydfil, Monmouthshire, Neath Port Talbot, Newport, Powys, Rhondda Cynon Taff, Torfaen

Vale of Glamorgan

Heavy Snow 0000 Thu 5 1200 Thu 5

Outbreaks of snow, heavy at times, are likely during Wednesday night and into Thursday morning, giving significant accumulations in places. Between 2 and 5 cm are expected and up to 10 cm is possible locally away from the immediate coast.

The public are advised to take extra care and refer to Traffic Wales for further advice on road conditions.

Issued at: 2239 Wed 4 Feb

Posted
A few flakes of snow are starting to fall in Bridgend, nothing major but its snow, hopefully it will pickup in intensity. :D

How is Cardiff doing now? Any heavier Jay or Jaydee?

yes its getting a lot heavier here now

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms & Snow.

Snow falling here now, not that heavy, not expecting much