Thunder?
Local
Radar
Hot?
IGNORED

Snow Watch Thread For London, Ea & Se England

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, thunderstorms

unbelievable the latest news 24 forecast has shifted the snow furthur east again snow failing as far east as the a12 :D

Posted

Ok I don't trust the B.B.C. forecast anymore so many major wrongs. Can any of you good folk on here tell me if we are going to get snow in Hertford I looked at the B.B.C. forecast earlier and I told my Daughters that they would wake up to snow in the morning if they don't I may as well leave home now and find employment at the Met.0. l.o.l.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot, hot, hot! Or cold, cold, cold!
Similarly for skating, my dad or the heaviest person around would go out and jump up and down on the ice to check it was ok or make a small hole to check how thick it was (under 6" it was no good) and we kept to the sides of the pond skating around in a circle... unless we were sure it was really ok.

Let my kids walk about a bit on a frozen lake during the last cold snap (had been -8 overnight and it was solid) and you should have seen the filthy looks I was getting from the passers-by. You'd think I was flogging them or something! :D

Kate

Posted

well by the latest beeb forecast yes in the morning

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow
Well, you'll be pleased to know I caught the train earlier, they're all running fine.

I should get round to demanding compensation from Chiltern railways though, I fell over on Wendover station earlier and it's completely done my right knee in. :) Hah.

Snowing here again.. No sign of rain..

Compensation? :)

My mum would have bandaged me up and told me to look where I was going next time... hope the knee gets better. :yahoo:

I think soon we will start getting reports of snow north of the Thames from that band-

I dont think the cold air quite dug far enough SE to warrent sleet & snow southside-

I suspect the north side may well be different- ( especially in the NW & out onto the M40)

S

Edited by Steve Murr

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Squall Lines, Storm Force Winds & Extreme Weather!
unbelievable the latest news 24 forecast has shifted the snow furthur east again snow failing as far east as the a12 :)

Lol. Are you being serious john mac? I after observing enough data over the past two hours, I convinced myself we'd have sNOw chance.

Then of all of a SUDDEN (20 mins ago) the latest radar outputs strengthen the precipitation right across to east ~ sarth London :) (albeit 'atm' thin band). Temperature's are a little high there currently for snow, but as you venture into south Essex and Herts we see 0C with DP's a little below.........

Maybe just MAYBE??...................... :yahoo:

Seasons

Posted
Let my kids walk about a bit on a frozen lake during the last cold snap (had been -8 overnight and it was solid) and you should have seen the filthy looks I was getting from the passers-by. You'd think I was flogging them or something! :yahoo:

Kate

Well I can understand why, to be honest. It is such a dangerous thing to do and can so easily end in tragedy.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: cold and snowy. Summer: hot and sunny

oh great. its raining. all eyes turn to monday for here now. that'll prob be rain here too and heavy snow 20 miles up the road. shouldnt complain actually. some of the 8 inches from sunday night is still lying on the grass.

Posted
well by the latest beeb forecast yes in the morning

I just watched that! Half an hour ago that had gone and now its back! I don't know what to think now!

Anyone with any experience still up at this stupid hour who is able to help?

Thanks

Anita

Posted
I think soon we will start getting reports of snow north of the Thames from that band-

I dont think the cold air quite dug far enough SE to warrent sleet & snow southside-

I suspect the north side may well be different- ( especially in the NW & out onto the M40)

S

temps here 0c dewpoint 0c steve what do you reckon

Posted

Here on the South London border it has stopped raining, there is very little ppn in this band even if those north of the thames get snow. Unless there is a significant shift East we are going to miss the lot?

Tiny hint of slet in the rain band that passed (62m asl)

Blimmey you mean tiny I am up the hill from you and its was rain as far as I am concerned :)

Edited by HighPressure

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot, hot, hot! Or cold, cold, cold!
Well I can understand why, to be honest. It is such a dangerous thing to do and can so easily end in tragedy.

So'only about a foot deep and it was solid. Not like when I went on it when I was 16! :)

Kate

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: cold and snowy. Summer: hot and sunny
Here on the South London border it has stopped raining, there is very little ppn in this band even if those north of the thames get snow. Unless there is a significant shift East we are going to miss the lot?

looks like it. it seems to have completely stalled over south west england. any movement is slightly to the north. it would have to do a 90 degree turn to hit here. so far, the met seemed to have screwed up this one.

Posted

just a word to the wise. BBC N24 weather reports are usually recorded earlier and played throughout the night. they record a couple of versions and swap them about. so there is no "live" forecast until 6 in the morning. dont know if sky have live forecasts during the night. :)

Posted
looks like it. it seems to have completely stalled over south west england. any movement is slightly to the north. it would have to do a 90 degree turn to hit here. so far, the met seemed to have screwed up this one.

thats what was forcast earily, the snow is due to come up the m4 corridor

Posted
just a word to the wise. BBC N24 weather reports are usually recorded earlier and played throughout the night. they record a couple of versions and swap them about. so there is no "live" forecast until 6 in the morning. dont know if sky have live forecasts during the night. :)

Nope, pre-recorded also. Sky's forecast is live at 2158, then repeated every hour at 58 minutes past until 0458. Live forecasts begin again at 0558.

Posted

Ha I bet they don't admit they got it wrong to those stuck in their cars in Exeter, I will never trust another weather forecast again after this.

Posted

pretty sure they do a similar thing

Posted

i am so annoyed with all this, i know it was marginal if not definatly rain here, but i would have loved the chance to see what happened rather than it all being in the south west! the Met are usless.