Thunder?
Local
Radar
Hot?
IGNORED

Snow Watch: North West England

Posted
Good to hear!

From a purely selfish perspective its very good to hear the reports of snow further west,we should do pretty well here overnight!

Yeah i hope we do get a good covering, But is it not meant to rain during the early hours of the morning tommorow?

Posted
It's getting heavier now and really big beautiful flakes, settling too. It would be so nice if we get a proper dumping for a change, instead of the silly dustings we usually get. I have to say it is looking good at the moment! :o

Lol you must be on a better side of town than me!! :) Still fairly small flakes here, which are making thr ground wet. Really hoping it gets heavier, it'd be nice for the children later on if we could get some accumulation.

Ooh getting a little heavier...

Posted
Gosh I hope the heavier snow is coming my way! Snow all around us here still doesn't guarantee snow in South Liverpool. We're off out with the dogs soon to the shore. We can see the Wirral and North Wales mountains all covered in snow from there. Hope it carries on snowing here and settling - it's getting better by the minute!

it should be snowing where you are, and also exp3ect an heavier band to pass through, think this may well last a couple of hours..its quite heavy here ow

http://www.itvlocal.com/meridian/live/ click on nw for pier head it look iminous, before you could see the wirral now you cant see anything over the mersey :o

that extra 10 miles in does make a difference :)

Edited by NorthWest_Snow

Posted

It needs to carry on throwing it down to forn a slushy base so it can stick. Fingers crossed it will last.

Posted

Coming down really heavy now, Temps have fallen down to 1.4c from 3.5c when it started, just need it to fall a bit more as its trying to stick!

Temp droping quite fast now, its 1.2c :o

Edited by SnowKidding

Posted
I haven't seen that forecast but its a posibilty i suppose.

I had a look at the BBC 24 hour forecast and they forecast sleet at 10pm/1am and then light rain for the rest of the night untill the morning. Hope there wrong :o

Lol you must be on a better side of town than me!! :o Still fairly small flakes here, which are making thr ground wet. Really hoping it gets heavier, it'd be nice for the children later on if we could get some accumulation.

Ooh getting a little heavier...

Hi, I'm 3 miles on the Whitchurch side of Nantwich. The flakes are massive, it's great! Infact I am going out with the dogs now to make the most of it, since this happening here is a rarity :)

I'll keep my fingers crossed for you

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Sun ,Snow and Cold

This is getting boring, but i am going to say it again, as i have had all winter...NOTHING HERE :doh:

Posted

Is it worth taking the kids to Thurstaton common yet Stephen ?

I had a look at the BBC 24 hour forecast and they forecast sleet at 10pm/1am and then light rain for the rest of the night untill the morning. Hope there wrong :huh:

Me too thats a worrying forecast to be honest.I'd rather we got nothing than a snow to rain jobby to be honest that would just melt my partial snowcover from last monday. :doh:

Posted
it should be snowing where you are, and also exp3ect an heavier band to pass through, think this may well last a couple of hours..its quite heavy here ow

http://www.itvlocal.com/meridian/live/ click on nw for pier head it look iminous, before you could see the wirral now you cant see anything over the mersey :doh:

that extra 10 miles in does make a difference :huh:

Thanks for the news Northwest Snow - it looks like it's trying to stick on the floor now . We're not far from you and we're getting those big fluffy flakes! Aren't they wonderful? Sounds like we're going to get proper snow this time!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warm and sunny, thunderstorms, frost, fog, snow, windstorms
This is getting boring, but i am going to say it again, as i have had all winter...NOTHING HERE :doh:

Just be patient, if it's snowing in Liverpool I imagine it would be snow when it reaches you.

Me too thats a worrying forecast to be honest.I'd rather we got nothing than a snow to rain jobby to be honest that would just melt my partial snowcover from last monday. :huh:

There is some slightly milder air moving in behind this occlusion so it's not that surprising.

Posted
Me too thats a worrying forecast to be honest.I'd rather we got nothing than a snow to rain jobby to be honest that would just melt my partial snowcover from last monday. :doh:

Me too to be honest with you. That happened on Tuesday with us when it just turned to rain and just melted what there was away. Anyway nothing here and building cloud cover.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Sun ,Snow and Cold

+3.2C and Light Sleet here :doh:

Posted
Heavy snow, settling on grass and dustbins. Also cracks of pavements. First classic signs!! COME ON!!!

we just need temps here to drop for it to stick on the pavement..otherwise grass as snowcover..wheelie bins not yet lol

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold/snowy. Summer: Warm/gentle breeze. Anytime: thunderstorms/gales.

Heavy sleet, sounds like heavy rain on the conservatory roof. It's going to take a lot for this to become a winter wonderland!

Posted

just our luck that the precipitation shows up at the warmest part of the day when its least likely to settle  :doh:

Edited by trickydicky