Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Snow Watch: Midlands & C Southern England

Posted

Wow that Countryfile forecast!!! Looking at snow later this afternoon then the "big one" - snow for the Midlands from around 3pm Monday to 3am Tuesday with very strong winds :D:D

:lol:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot

Ah here we go now. The precipitation obviously popped down to the shops or something as it is now starting to reform, regroup and reintensify. Hopefully cloud cover should start to spill in very soon.

Countryfile looked interesting for tomorrow night. Little too close for comfort for my location, but I am sure I will get something. The South Midlands could see some exceptionally heavy snowfall and blizzards.

An early warning has been issued by the Met Office, predicting between 5-10cm and upto 20cm on the hills. I think it could even be more than that in some spots. The warning spreads as far north as Derbyshire.

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/weather/uk/uk_...t_warnings.html

Posted
wow, looks like you in the midlands are guna get a real dumping! I think some places in the southern midlands are gunna top 10 inches! cant say im not jelouse lol....

i hope somebody can put the forecast on youtube. might be one to keep. :lol:

Posted

WOW! just seen the counrtyfile forecast!!!!

This could be the BIG one!!!

If this has been the coldest spell since 1991, then lets hope that this is going to be the biggest snowfall since the 9th december 1990?? :lol:

Posted

Well, this is finally enough to force me to purchase the NW radar for the coming month, I feel it could be very useful indeed!

Some parts of the south Midlands will easily get a foot of snow on Tuesday.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Go us! I am simply going to get pasted definately if things go according to plan! Midlands ground to a halt onMonday Evening and Tuesday anyone?

Posted
  • Location: Cambridge (term time) and Bonn, Germany 170m (holidays)
  • Location: Cambridge (term time) and Bonn, Germany 170m (holidays)
looking at the latest forecast i think 15-20cm of snow more or less in the whole of the midlands with the south gettin hit hardest :)

No way unfortunately, the Meto are playing it safe and the band of snow could be just 50 miles wide - if that, because it's looking very marginal especially in the E Midlands. Whoever does get hit will get enormous amounts, but it won't cover a particularly large area.

Also the track of the front is yet to be decided and the ECM puts the front right into County Durham, meaning rain for the Midlands.

Edited by Yeti

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms
Well, this is finally enough to force me to purchase the NW radar for the coming month, I feel it could be very useful indeed!

Some parts of the south Midlands will easily get a foot of snow on Tuesday.

I so hope so after some dissapointments this week!

Posted
I so hope so after some dissapointments this week!

You could get a right dumping. If current forecasts are anything to go by, your lower limit could be 6 inches of the stuff, and with very strong winds there could be drifting. But it is a long time yet and it could all change.

Posted
Wow what a forecast :) , turnedoutniceagain is going to get hammered, i wonder if he's concerned or not, wouldn't like to be that high up that's for sure.

Nurse - the screens !! :):bad::) :o :o Off to tescos.........

Posted
You could get a right dumping. If current forecasts are anything to go by, your lower limit could be 6 inches of the stuff, and with very strong winds there could be drifting. But it is a long time yet and it could all change.

24 hours a long time? 2010 could come quicker now! :)

Posted
24 hours a long time? 2010 could come quicker now! :cold:

At the moment tiny changes in detail could make all the difference. And we have all seen that things haven't gone the way they should have in some instances this week!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and heatwave
:doh: Missed the countryfile forecast again.

Did anyone record it and youtube it like last week ?

Im hoping someone will put it on you tube soon, missed it to :cold:

Posted

The precipitation in Wales is intensifying or has intensified a bit now. :cold:

Edited by Blizzards

Posted
is coventry gunna get any snow for 2mrra?

yes your in the firing line if it goes as north as expected. Things could change though.

Back to todays snow, well the band is without a doubt intensifying by the minute BUT looks a tad on the warm side to me for snow to settle or possibly might be rain or sleet initially.

Posted
yes your in the firing line if it goes as north as expected. Things could change though.

Back to todays snow, well the band is without a doubt intensifying by the minute BUT looks a tad on the warm side to me for snow to settle or possibly might be rain or sleet initially.

When the sun goes behind the cloud the temp should drop notably. Starting to get some cloud cover now, and the PPN will arrive when the sun is setting, so it will be mostly snow.