Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Snow Watch: Midlands & C Southern England

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms
Snow now covered the main road, had a bout an inch so far :-) won't last too much longer but hey!

1000372nl3.jpg

Thats not an inch mate thats about 1-2cm lol.

Posted
Unbelievable another snow event four in a week :clap::D :D :o

More heavy snow giving a nice wintry wonderland again for urban areas where it had mostly gone, countryside already had it so a nice topping for them, amazing stuff, i had to smile when i read people saying it was too warm for snow earlier.

All the marginal events are going our way in the midlands like i thought they would last week, it just feels right for snow everytime a snow event is a possibility :)

Hope you are right, it would be a crying shame to end this cold spell on a dissapointment.

(oh and someone should slap the bbc's face for them keep saying "cold snap" . i thought a cold snap was 24-48 hours not 4 weeks!

Edited by cyclonic happiness

Posted

Roughly about 45minutes left of snowfall to come i think, would leave us with 3-5cms on all surfaces, 5cm on the snow that was already around.

Posted

ITV weather just been on TV.

Siann LLoyd said rain for the south tomorrow, and snow for the Midlands, and clear from a line North Wales upwards.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Blizzards,Hot Thundery nights.
Fourth heavy snow event here in a week is what makes it incredible!

1-3cm also on top of our existing snow is quite substantial. Massive flakes coming down and quite a bit to come according to the radar.

Fascinating stuff :clap:

Yes when it all kicked off last sunday was a bit dissapointed with the dusting on monday morning,but the rest of the week has made up for that, heavy snow on mon,thurs and fri. It seems us in the west of east anglia have had an incredible week. Good to hear that you have snow again,bodes well for us further east.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms and snow

Well my gut feeling is that tomorrow evening, in Cheltenham, will be a wet and windy evening to follow after tonight's moderate rain so I am not getting my hopes up at all.

Edited by 03jtrickey

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!
Still snowing heavy here, about 2cm now and looks like there is another hour of this before it clears away.

Thats for midday on Tuesday though. What we are talking about is when the storm comes in tomorrow night, will the heavy precip be rain or snow? I reckon rain for anywhere South of Yorkshire thats not above 250m. I expect it to turn to snow on the back edge of the low pressure moving away but that will be after about 15-20mm of rain and the ground will be absolutely soaked.

Sorry, Andy, a bit of confusion.....I'm more interested in the charts I posted....The overnight precip I believe to be rain/sleet for the midlands....I'm more interested in tuesday as the fronts pull away, as the charts illustrate, thats when the problems might start.....snow falling on soaked ground & freezing, just in time for the afternoon/evening rush hour as temps progged to drop below freezing by 6pm, A drivers nightmare

Posted
Thats not an inch mate thats about 1-2cm lol.

SO THERE! :clap:

1000373ji0.jpg

in all fairness it's only just started settling on the roads properly.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow then clear and frosty.
Unbelievable another snow event four in a week :clap::D :D :o

More heavy snow giving a nice wintry wonderland again for urban areas where it had mostly gone, countryside already had it so a nice topping for them, amazing stuff, i had to smile when i read people saying it was too warm for snow earlier.

All the marginal events are going our way in the midlands like i thought they would last week, it just feels right for snow everytime a snow event is a possibility :)

Hi Eugene,

Yes indeed It hass been a snowy week and this is the the 8th day of lying snow here and i guess for many on this thread.

A nice reminder of Winters of years ago.

Posted
This is unbelievable for Northampton. it's coming down heavier and heavier.

4th heavy snow fall in 1 week !!!!!!

Same here - this is hard to believe. I was not expecting any snow here today bit it's absolutely batting it down again - temperature 0 - the lying snow is receiving a lovely new, thick carpet. Can't snow like this for long, surely...