Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Snow Watch: Midlands & C Southern England

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and heatwave
Very heavy snow and massive flakes in Banbury now

Flakes the size of ten pound notes. :lol: well almost!

Rainy sleet here now attacking the snow NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO :)

Posted
Snowing heavily again in Northampton. Settling again on ALL surfaces!

SUPERB :lol: :)

basically, reiterating what paul said, the midlands northwards are probably looking at 1-3cm at lower levels, and at higher levels up to 20cm. nothing incredible really...

Posted

I don't think there's too much point in asking about snowfall in cm yet as this can change by the minute.

Waht we need to do it watch the radar, dewpoints and just hope that we do get a pasting!!

Here in bedworth, we seem to have had alot less snow than everywhere else lol! only 5 inches

Posted
just been out in the snow with my 13 and 9 yr old boys! Had so much fun! went to the shop and bought wine for myself and sweets for the boys! lovely weather! still snowing heavy here but smaller flakes now!

This week in Northampton has been very special for my kids aged 11 and 9 .

Its the first time they've seen heavy snow, (snowing hard now) this is the 4th time this week I've seen them whoop with joy.

alas, all good things come to an end. i think they've seen the last of the very ,very heavy snowfalls in this part of the country.

Posted
basically, reiterating what paul said, the midlands northwards are probably looking at 1-3cm at lower levels, and at higher levels up to 20cm. nothing incredible really...

Fourth heavy snow event here in a week is what makes it incredible!

1-3cm also on top of our existing snow is quite substantial. Massive flakes coming down and quite a bit to come according to the radar.

Fascinating stuff :lol:

Posted

radar shows heavy snow for me in about 5 minutes.

actually already getting heavier with big flakes!!!!

Posted
Rainy sleet here now attacking the snow NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO :hi:

All the people that spent 2 hours clearing their driveways this weekend have wasted their time, as they are all covered again now.

Just seen Coventry live on ITV news and the snow is heavy there.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!
The whole of the 12z model is out now. I think they will downgrade a lot of the snow warnings for tomorrow now.

As yeti said, I think it depends on where you live...lol....The 12z places the whole snow event on a knife edge...Its simply too close to call at the moment I think, ....As shown below, dewpoints say 'no', snow precip type says 'yes', and snow risk says 'maybe'....even the 12z cant make its mind up! :hi:

post-4149-1234117842_thumb.png

post-4149-1234117876_thumb.png

post-4149-1234117897_thumb.png

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms

Still snowing heavy here, about 2cm now and looks like there is another hour of this before it clears away.

As yeti said, I think it depends on where you live...lol....The 12z places the whole snow event on a knife edge...Its simply too close to call at the moment I think, ....As shown below, dewpoints say 'no', snow precip type says 'yes', and snow risk says 'maybe'....even the 12z cant make its mind up! :hi:

post-4149-1234117842_thumb.png

post-4149-1234117876_thumb.png

post-4149-1234117897_thumb.png

Thats for midday on Tuesday though. What we are talking about is when the storm comes in tomorrow night, will the heavy precip be rain or snow? I reckon rain for anywhere South of Yorkshire thats not above 250m. I expect it to turn to snow on the back edge of the low pressure moving away but that will be after about 15-20mm of rain and the ground will be absolutely soaked.

Posted

getting really excited about this band coming our way! BRING IT ON!! before its too late i have to leave for brum

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow then clear and frosty.
All the people that spent 2 hours clearing their driveways this weekend have wasted their time, as they are all covered again now.

Just seen Coventry live on ITV news and the snow is heavy there.

Yes indeed,i am 9miles north of coventry and can tell you it`s v.heavy with i guess a cm added in the last hr.

Posted

very heavy stuff here now and temp below freezing, not alot of existing snow living in the town centre but imagine about an inch of fresh snow on top of the snow still around.

Posted

i honestly dont know what to make of tomorrow nights system. part of me says a memorable blizzard, another says a wintry mix, another says rain all the way. the fact is, channel lows are a nightmare to forecast and people should know that before taking anything as gospel. paul and johns informative forecast is really looking at the all the information we have at present, and using evidence, they suggest mainly sleetiness for the midlands, with perhaps some light accumulations, and AT THIS MOMENT IN TIME, almost nil-chances of snow for the south midlands southwards. however, channel lows are notorious for tracking south from their predicted path, so things could look more favourable as we approach tomorrow afternoon/evening. all i can say is, it is likely to be a nowcasting event, looking at dewpoints, thicknesses, and the radar. should be an exciting night, could end in disappointment, or paradise. good luck to all.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and heatwave
Is this the first time the whole of the UK has been orange? :hi:

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/weather/uk/uk_...ings.html?day=1

What for rain ?

That must be an error ?

Posted

Snow now covered the main road, had a bout an inch so far :-) won't last too much longer but hey!

1000372nl3.jpg

Posted
I think it is very poor that when a major storm is on the way, possibly bringing severe disruption and may even put lives at risk, is being totally ignored by BBC News 24. Instead they put rubbish about Baftas on, which most people don't give a damn about.

Exactly. There is a huge storm sat in the Atlantic which could endanger life and they are sat talking about the BAFTAS! Who gives a damn what Angelina Jolie is doing-Id rather know the weather tbh. I was expecting the weather and it just cut from the end of the BAFTAS to the 60 second countdown thing-PATHETIC!

Posted

settling fast now, very heavy stuff much more like it, i only hope tomorow doesnt wash it all away. esp considering for a few days after the temps will remain cold.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Dangerous

Incredible snowy spell continues. Had another inch of snow to cover the areas that have seen the snow melt away.

Unbelievable another snow event four in a week :hi::hi: :lol: :o

More heavy snow giving a nice wintry wonderland again for urban areas where it had mostly gone, countryside already had it so a nice topping for them, amazing stuff, i had to smile when i read people saying it was too warm for snow earlier.

All the marginal events are going our way in the midlands like i thought they would last week, it just feels right for snow everytime a snow event is a possibility :)

Posted
Snow now covered the main road, had a bout an inch so far :-) won't last too much longer but hey!

1000372nl3.jpg

Are you sure thats an inch, even on the pavement coverd snow you can see some of the pavement, judging by the photo you posted i would say 1cm if that tbh :clap: