Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Snow Watch: Midlands & C Southern England

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

yay snowing trying to stick, lots of flakes but fairly small, temp 1.8C bit high to properly stick. precip started at 3.15pm but seemed sleety so ground wet, now proper snow

Posted
I got my fair share of snow on Monday when we had 5 inches, I am just saying that if you are expecting loads of snow tomorrow night in Northants and it goes belly up then I'm sure the knives will be out for the Met-Office. It wouldn't be the first time they had got a forecast wrong either. Anyway it will down to the radar tomorrow night and current temps and dew points.

I'm not expecting loads of snow, what on earth gave you that impression? I think I've made it quite clear that I am very much unsure as to which way it is going to go. Naturally I can identify that there is some uncertainty and as such nobody is getting their hopes up just yet. What I am expecting is loads of precipitation; whether it be rain, sleet, OR snow. And as such, a significant snow event cannot be ruled out; if not here, then somewhere else.

But how anyone could take the GFS as gospel and totally disregard the BBC/UKMO forecasts which actually have the human input element rather than just pure model data, is just baffling to me.

If the situation changes I am sure they will revise their forecasts to reflect this but no signs of that so far.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Just watched the Latest BBC Forecast and it still looks just as fantastic, maybe the snow lasting even longer! Roads are going to be in crisis on Tuesday!

Posted

Heavy snow for for the last half an hour or so, slight covering on the grass and on cars, struggling to settle on the roads and paths etc.

Posted

omg guys its amazing here in redditch worcestershire! real heavy snow here and has laid on the roads and grass! This is the heaviest i have seen! :D:D:yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

Posted
  • Location: Cambridge (term time) and Bonn, Germany 170m (holidays)

MAJOR DEVELOPMENT WITH THE CHANNEL LOW:

http://www.meteociel.fr/ukmo/run/UW42-594.GIF?08-17

UKMO SAYS NORTH-

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!
Just watched the Latest BBC Forecast and it still looks just as fantastic, maybe the snow lasting even longer! Roads are going to be in crisis on Tuesday!

'Wonderful' he says, with a due sense of dread.....Who's gonna pay my wages? :D

Edited by ajpoolshark

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, frost, fog and ice!
a little less snow on the bbc forecasts, tending to turn to wintry showers by 4am.

Do you mean for tonight or tomorrow night?

Posted

now that temperature is reaching below 1c its sticking on all surfaces.

This is more like it!!!!

Posted
MAJOR DEVELOPMENT WITH THE CHANNEL LOW:

http://www.meteociel.fr/ukmo/run/UW42-594.GIF?08-17

UKMO SAYS NORTH-

Why do I get the feeling you might change your tune now? :D

By the way, this is the Midlands & C Southern England thread.

Posted
Snow here but so wet we have nothing sticking at all.

It started out like that here Serendipity, its now full on proper snow settled everywhere and still hoofing it down - give it time there's more to come your way yet :D

Posted
Why do I get the feeling you might change your tune now? :D

By the way, this is the Midlands & C Southern England thread.

Yes, but do you not see that that affects the Midlands?

Posted
It started out like that here Serendipity, its now full on proper snow settled everywhere and still hoofing it down - give it time there's more to come your way yet :D

Heavy buig flaskes here, Did not know we were due this, how long is it due to last? Must have had an inch fall already, heavisest snow I remember seeing in memory! Loving it!

Posted
Heavy buig flaskes here, Did not know we were due this, how long is it due to last? Must have had an inch fall already, heavisest snow I remember seeing in memory! Loving it!

yes, thats better news.

Posted

heyyyyy! Its going manic out here!!!!!!!!

keith went out in the car for 5 mins to drop of the kids friends and he said driving back all the tyre tracks had totally disappeared!

It's just going nutz out here!!!! we r at 0 degrees here!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms
I'm not expecting loads of snow, what on earth gave you that impression? I think I've made it quite clear that I am very much unsure as to which way it is going to go. Naturally I can identify that there is some uncertainty and as such nobody is getting their hopes up just yet. What I am expecting is loads of precipitation; whether it be rain, sleet, OR snow. And as such, a significant snow event cannot be ruled out; if not here, then somewhere else.

But how anyone could take the GFS as gospel and totally disregard the BBC/UKMO forecasts which actually have the human input element rather than just pure model data, is just baffling to me.

If the situation changes I am sure they will revise their forecasts to reflect this but no signs of that so far.

Lance Northants said he expected bucket loads of snow from it, thats why I said that.

It's not just the GFS saying it's further North though, ECM agreed with GFS, in fact ECM placed it even further North.