Thunder?
Local
Radar
Hot?
IGNORED

Snow Watch: Midlands & C Southern England

Posted

After rain then a bit of sleet I can report big wet flakes falling now - really quite dark too.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and heatwave
Ding ding! I guess round 1 was Monday, 2 Thursday and 3 Friday then!

Aren't we doing well!

Here to pure snow looks like north and south its the wrong stuff

Posted
ONLY!? 2-3 inches is a lot IMO, besides I can't even see it settling much the way it's carrying on, might be lucky to get 3cm.

Well, 2-3 inches doesn't seem like a lot compared to Thursday/Friday! Wet snow lies on existing snow, so it doesn't get wasted so much! If you see some of pictures i've posted, mostly out with the dogs in the fields you will see I live in on the edge of a very rural area!

Edited by mackerel sky

Posted
Ding ding! I guess round 1 was Monday, 2 Thursday and 3 Friday then!

Aren't we doing well!

We certainly are, but I'm struggling to get excited about today's event even though it IS now snowing. All I can think about is tomorrow! Quinten is coming and certainly packs punch. BBC not holding back in their forecasts either, an almighty ramp from Schafernaker just now going on about blizzards and whatnot through the Midlands. :(

Posted

Wintry scene here - been proper snow all the way.

Snow depth now increased from 8cm to 9cm.

Temp -0.7C.

Has anyone else noticed how cold it's been up north today? latest temps 15.30: -7C Great Dun Fell, -6C Loch Glascarnoch, -11C Cairngorms

Posted
Well, 2-3 inches doesn't seem like a lot compared to Thursday/Friday! Wet snow lies on existing snow, so it doesn't get wasted so much! If you see some of pictures i've posted, mostly out with the dogs in the fields you will see I live in on the edge of a very rural area!

chucking it down now, and settling. it really annoys me when people say its over based on one run. give me strength.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms

Spose, but we only got 1-2 inches on Thursday and we got light snow all morning on Friday that amounted to nothing so right now i'd take 2-3 inches very nicely.

Anyway tomorrow your snow will be washed away because it's going to rain, I will be VERY surprised if it snows for Northants or Leicester tomorrow, it looks like rain or sleet at best. So all this talk of people in Northants with 4 inches of snow still laying...Make the most of it because it will be gone by Tuesday.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms
We certainly are, but I'm struggling to get excited about today's event even though it IS now snowing. All I can think about is tomorrow! Quinten is coming and certainly packs punch. BBC not holding back in their forecasts either, an almighty ramp from Schafernaker just now going on about blizzards and whatnot through the Midlands. :lol:

Prepare to be massively disapointed then

prectypeuktopo.png

Posted
Spose, but we only got 1-2 inches on Thursday and we got light snow all morning on Friday that amounted to nothing so right now i'd take 2-3 inches very nicely.

Anyway tomorrow your snow will be washed away because it's going to rain, I will be VERY surprised if it snows for Northants or Leicester tomorrow, it looks like rain or sleet at best. So all this talk of people in Northants with 4 inches of snow still laying...Make the most of it because it will be gone by Tuesday.

That told you didnt it!

Posted

Don't wish the snow away :lol:

At the moment i'm very surprised by the size of the flakes falling out of the sky here lol

Posted

Well, the front has not long arrived and it's on the sleety side, as soon as the front arrived the snow on the ground has really started to thaw, is it supposed to bring higher temps??

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot

This is rubbish. It is just melting the snow I have left and it is making the ground even wetter. Met Office have dropped yet another clanger by the looks of it.

Posted
This is going to be a big let down tomorrow for anyone in the Midlands or South expecting snow from it. It's not going to happen.

prectypeuktopo.png

Thats from the latest GFS run that came out about 15 minutes ago, it's over. No more snow for Northants, none for Leicester, none for Birmingham.

Those charts are often wrong.

It will be a case of nowcasting.