• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms
LMAO! :) :o :):) :lol:

I just hope the ECM is right, and the snow goes into Yorkshire, otherwise I may have to resort to witchcraft :)

Notice the Pennines eating up all the snow at the moment, keeping Yorkshire dry :)

OK that was a brave face, :o

Seriously though it is the North's turn, whilst I have done OK the NE is completely snow starved as the Midlands have been pasted time after time. I mean it's getting greedy now, you should be ashamed of yourselves.

Well I admit I got a good fall on Monday and Thursday morning I had 5cm fresh snow but on Friday Northampton saw about 5 inches and they are only 35 miles South of me. On Friday i got light snow through the morning which didn't settle :)

Also TEITS said he got 10 inches of snow on Thursday and Friday, I don't think he got that much, I think more 5-6 inches at the most. If you are reading TEITS I'm not calling you a liar but I think you had a case of the Worcestermetre.

Edited by andy_leics22

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot
Yes I agree, sadly some people (perhaps from Leicester) don't, and don't want to play nicely and share out the snow. Which spoils it for other members really.

:o I presume that is a jokey comment. Not our fault we have had more snow than others!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: SNOW!

I've got a temp of 5 and dewpoint of 1 so I would think I'm looking at rain when it arrives. Strange how the snow hasn't fully melted here, my lawn is still covered despite the higher temp today.

Looks like tomorrow may be a biggie - all the marginal events for us here seemed to have been snow rather than rain so fingers crossed that the pattern continues tomorrow.

Posted

pathetic snow this!

ben showing her very lightly for the last half an hour. Its way too fine for it to settle even in heavier bursts, need proper flakes and a drop in temperature to get even a cm out of this.

Also the band seems to be going by really swiftly. All eyes on tommorow then :o

Posted
:o I presume that is a jokey comment. Not our fault we have had more snow than others!

met office warning out now covering much of the west midlands. up to 5cm.

Edited by azores92

Posted

What's up with the NW radar?!

Posted
pathetic snow this!

ben showing her very lightly for the last half an hour. Its way too fine for it to settle even in heavier bursts, need proper flakes and a drop in temperature to get even a cm out of this.

Also the band seems to be going by really swiftly. All eyes on tommorow then :doh:

It's AWESOME here: I can finally report moderate/heavy snow for the first time this month, and starting to settle nicely now

Posted
  • Location: Cambridge (term time) and Bonn, Germany 170m (holidays)
  • Location: Cambridge (term time) and Bonn, Germany 170m (holidays)
Total non-event :doh:

Melted into thin air didn't it! :huh:

Definitely looks like a non-event here though, best places look like Wern England (notice how the Meto warnings don't go E of the Pennines). The radar is really annoying me, completely packed in just when I needed it.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Dangerous
Well I admit I got a good fall on Monday and Thursday morning I had 5cm fresh snow but on Friday Northampton saw about 5 inches and they are only 35 miles South of me. On Friday i got light snow through the morning which didn't settle :doh:

Also TEITS said he got 10 inches of snow on Thursday and Friday, I don't think he got that much, I think more 5-6 inches at the most. If you are reading TEITS I'm not calling you a liar but I think you had a case of the Worcestermetre.

My area and, indeed, Northamptonshire did do very well near the northern extent of the ppn band. My dad reported very little while at work in Leicster. Fine lines.

Posted

Snow is getting heavier:)

Temperature si slowly dropping :doh:

flakes are getting thicker:)

All for my liking.

PS: CHER welcome back!

Posted

Temperature has dropped very quickly here, now 2.5c, snow isn't that heavy though. Small flakes too.