Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Snow Watch: Midlands & C Southern England

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms
Here is the view out my back garden:

post-7600-1234087118_thumb.jpg

Looks about the same as mine Nick. The only problem here is that yesterday the 3c temps and sun melted all the snow on the roads and pavements that weren't in the shade. My back garden is luckily in the shade of the house so the sun couldn't get to work on it, so still have an inch or 2 on the grass. Nextdoor neighbours grass must still have 3 inches on it though, me and my mum made a big snowman on Tuesday so we used up a lot of the snow that has fell from Monday but nextdoor to me he hasn't touched his grass and after Thursdays snowfall and friidays light snow his has got quite a lot left on it!

Posted
This afternoon's event isn't really that big, and inch or 2 at the most, and the band of PPN is rapidly deteoriorating over Wales, so I don't think it really warrants a warning if I'm honest.

May not be of significance to you but spare a thought for us in Bournemouth who have not seen that much in many years. A couple of inches would be brilliant for us.

Posted
If there is already snow on the ground then any type of snow should settle fairly easily.

I have just looked at the radar and I wish I hadn't. Drizzle and cloud anyone?

Don't worry about the precip yet. It's forecasted to pep up this afternoon as it heads towards the Midlands. Maybe the front is still behind that light precip in Wales and will pep up the precip behind it. If it still looks light like that at 3pm this afternoon I will get worried but I am confident it will be heavier in a few hours.

Posted
OH MY GOD..lol

did you see BBC just then.....WALES/CENTRAL/SW HEAVY SIGNIFICANT SNOW TOMORROW

Today she said area of snow moving up through the midlands and East Wales tonight

No I missed it,I`ll watch countryfile instead.

band of PPN is rapidly deteoriorating over Wales, so I don't think it really warrants a warning if I'm honest.

Yes it certainly is fragmenting,coming into cold air.

GFS seems to say it`s coming this afternoon so we`ll see,I`m not fussy today as I want to get out tomorrow morning only,couldn`t last monday.

Another snow event for next saturday night on GFS 06Z :rolleyes:

We`ll be praying for spring warmth soon, the cold and snow just go on and on. :)

Havn`t seen all the 6z run yet sounds very promising. :)

Strat warming maybe kicking in.

If there is already snow on the ground then any type of snow should settle fairly easily.

I have just looked at the radar and I wish I hadn't. Drizzle and cloud anyone?

Had a few light snow grains earlier.

Edited by Snowyowl9

Posted

im thinking that we have a good chance of snow here in the south midlands tomorrow and tuesday. not sure about today tho. what do u pro's think? :rolleyes:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot

Posted

yea! it's another waiting game for us for the next few days! wonder what my area will get? maybe not a damn flake! lol!

Posted
im thinking that we have a good chance of snow here in the south midlands tomorrow and tuesday. not sure about today tho. what do u pro's think? :cray:

I'm not expert but I think you may get some snow this afternoon. It looks better in the East Midlands for snow this afternoon and evening because it's going to be slightly colder but the West Midlands will probably see snow too.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Southerly tracking low pressure in winter. Hot and thundery in the summer
im thinking that we have a good chance of snow here in the south midlands tomorrow and tuesday. not sure about today tho. what do u pro's think? :cray:

redditch is not south its 9miles south of maypole,brum, chelt is south, as far north as evasham!

Posted

doesn't look promocing at all for me in stoke. temperature has already risen to 1.8c and still rising!!!!

Posted
doesn't look promocing at all for me in stoke. temperature has already risen to 1.8c and still rising!!!!

Max temp in the Midlands today was forecast to be around 2-3c.

This is why i'm expecting that band of PPN t the West of Wales to pep up later...

http://www.meteociel.com/ukmo/run/U12-594.GIF?08-06

Precip looks light in Wales but behind it a bit heavier.

Then by 6-7pm, fairly heavy over the Midlands and Wales.

http://www.meteociel.com/ukmo/run/U18-594.GIF?08-06

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot

The PPN has now pretty much completely died out. It is going to take a hell of a pep up now for the Midlands to get anything half decent.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Looking at the BBC Charts...it is simply Wow for here! Look forward to tomorrow night especially...could be a huge pasting and making last weeks snow rubbish! :D

Posted
Looking at the BBC Charts...it is simply Wow for here! Look forward to tomorrow night especially...could be a huge pasting and making last weeks snow rubbish! :D

fingers crossed eh. we deserve a proper pasting after the average snowfalls of the last couple of weeks compared to some areas!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Yep, Precipitation is likely to be Heavy or Very Heavy. We could get a heck of a lot of Snow! I suspect tomorrow will be a normal day but Tuesday-everything grinds to a halt!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, frost, fog and ice!
The PPN has now pretty much completely died out. It is going to take a hell of a pep up now for the Midlands to get anything half decent.

Hi mate, after watching the latest bbc forcast my reading was that our snow this evening is coming up from the south west due to hit us at about 5 - 6 pm. The snow over Ireland is heading towards Scotland.

Yesterday it got upto 4C on my thermometer in my garden but it didn't melt the snow, out of the sunlight it just won't go away that quick, we need some proper mild air for that but the air is still cold, i noticed yesterday in the countryside even bright warm sunshine wasn't noticebly melting the snow the bottom layer in the countryside was frozen solid i couldn't get my hand right down.

Excellent 06Z ensembles we could have snow cover in rural areas for the next two weeks :lol:

Posted
countryfile beckons.... louise lear showed the snow going till approx 3/4am going by the 11.30 forecast.

summary, after mondays storm, tuesday onwards looks cool and more showery, with a few wintry showers expected.