Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Snow Watch: Midlands & C Southern England

Posted
Edit: Sorry forgot to include Northampton in the 'likely to be more in the way of snow' catagory.

Shame on you !!!!!!

You're still upset because we pinched all your snow on Thursday :cray::D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

Will it snow in the Carribean next week?....Just wondering....it might save England from another beating from the West Indies cricket team......lol

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms
Shame on you !!!!!!

You're still upset because we pinched all your snow on Thursday :D:cray:

Thats true :doh:

This is an interesting looking chart from the BBC for tomorrow, they seem to suggest snow in Leicester and Rain in Birmingham, it's a mega close run thing if this comes true! I think it will be snow for Birmingham though.

uk_cloudrain_09020818.jpg

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot
Thats true :D

This is an interesting looking chart from the BBC for tomorrow, they seem to suggest snow in Leicester and Rain in Birmingham, it's a mega close run thing if this comes true! I think it will be snow for Birmingham though.

I think I may be investing in the Net Weather radar for a month...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Good dump of snow or a damn good thunderstorm

Just seen the latest BBC forecast from Jay Wynne and they are going for heavy snow covering the whole of the south on Monday night up as far as................Cheltenham.

So here we go again . Eyes down game on.

Edited by flyer

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!
Thats true :D

main reason why i feel a 4th dec type thing, did you see any snow on 4th dec? north had loads

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms
main reason why i feel a 4th dec type thing, did you see any snow on 4th dec? north had loads

Very good comparison. I saw none at all it started off as rain even though the BBC forecast 6 hours before the event had the snow line as far South as Oxford and I am 80 miles North of Oxford and didn't see a flake! So that was very wrong but this time it's different. This time a big load of milder air isn't sweeping across Southern areas and the Midlands. The Midlands stays in -3 to -4 upper air throughout the whole time and temperatures are forecasted between -1 and 1c. On the Dec event when the North got a dumping the 0c upper air was over the Midlands with temperatures of around 3c so that was a non-event from the start.

Posted
Just seen the latest BBC forecasr from Jay Wynne and they are going for heavy snow covering the whole of the south on Monday night up as far as................cheltenham.

So here we go again . Eyes down game on.

yeah they said that a midday!still good 36 hours before event starts i hope charts are still the same tommorow!

Posted
MetO 5 day forecast showing light rain for here, so no wintry element at all if that is correct.

To be honest I remain unconvinced with regard to snow potential here for the next few days but after what happened here Thu/Fri I'm not ruling anything out.

At least it won't be mild :D

I'm off out for a few pints to drown my sorrows.

Bolton got beat AGAIN !!!! :doh:

Posted

Evening all

Still quite a bit of snow left in the shade but where its in full sunlight its fastly diminishing. Last nights low temps were a farce. There was full cloud over for most of the night after midnight. And tonight, right on cue, the cloud came rolling in. GRRRRRRRR! If the cloud shifts then i will have a bitterly cold night. But it has been breaking up over the last hour and the temp is 0C. It must be coming through the Chesire Gap?

Is it staying cold after Mondays rain/snow event? Becuase the band of PPN is coming off the atlantic so does that mean the ruddy atlantic has won out?

Posted

still cloudy dosent look like clearing, 2.0C now all snow gone in morning :doh: may be my first above zero minimum this month

Posted
still cloudy dosent look like clearing, 2.0C now all snow gone in morning :doh: may be my first above zero minimum this month

Same here, and to think the BBC forecast at around 1pm had the hilarity to say -10c lows in places.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Good dump of snow or a damn good thunderstorm

BBC website had just been updated and snow for all south of........ Birmingham

with exception of cornwall and far southeast on Monday night in to Tuesday. So any school folk about get the sledges on standby B)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy winters, warm dry summers

Well I have been posting saying not to disregard the GFS and what do you know it has had a change of mind but then so to has the ECM at +240 both models have gone in opposite directions. GFS with HP over the UK feeding in a slack easterly with low temps and the ECM has a depression to the west and light westerly winds, the models are becoming more confusing every day.

apologies to mods have just realised I have posted in the wrong thread.

SS2

Edited by sandstorm2

Posted
Same here, and to think the BBC forecast at around 1pm had the hilarity to say -10c lows in places.

Down to an exceptional 0.5c here! B)

Posted
Here we go again: 2cm fell at some point between midnight and 7am, up comes the sun, up goes the temp, grass turns green again. Down to less than half cover by noon, almost nothing lef now. Was up to 6C in town this afternoon and the sun felt WARM; I even had the car window slightly open around 2pm.

Around here this really is like a March cold snap; snow can settle but unless there is a lot of it it won't stay for more than 6 hours. Why are we getting these much higher than forecast afternoon temperatures all the time?

Today is like certain days March 1995 cold spell.

Trouble is now the wind direction has come back from the atlantic side irish sea,temps are going higher same thing happened in february 1991 bitter east wind then less potent cold from the NW,it`s been a less cold version of that so far,upper air wasn`t as cold as then in the first place.

Temps dropping like a stone 0.9c B)

Edited by Snowyowl9

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms
Down to an exceptional 0.5c here! :o

Earlier they actually said down to -12 over snow covered fields and at the extreme...-14!!! B) B)

Edited by Blizzards

Posted
I'm in Rugeley, Staffordshire. Does anybody think I will see any of this snow?, I keep missing it by a few miles

few miles from me, hopefully see it, gfs and ecmwf have snow too far north, bbc and meto have it too far south, so surely the most likely in between for monday night, as for tomorrow i just cant see it, still cloudy temp 2.1C, cloudy all day tomorrow before front arrives, needs to be clear to allow temps to drop

Posted
I'm in Rugeley, Staffordshire. Does anybody think I will see any of this snow?, I keep missing it by a few miles

Welcome to the forum Joe, nice to see another Cannock Chase Netweatherer! We should get some tomorrow night, but Monday night/Tuesday morning could be another one of those "misses us by a few miles" - but it is all up in the air at this stage.

Edited by nick2702

Posted

temp slowly rising cloud thickening 2.2C, mild now compared to the last 6 nights, probably wont clear

Posted

18z looks good looks like more interest next weekend cold from the east, was shown on 12z, and was one of the mildest runs for 13th-15th period