Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Snow Watch: Cymru And South West England

Ross B

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.

Met office update doesnt seem to think we have much of a chance of snow on sunday :D

Only dartmoor and cotswolds before turning to rain :D

Posted
Met office update doesnt seem to think we have much of a chance of snow on sunday :D

Only dartmoor and cotswolds before turning to rain :D

what about MON or TUES..LOOKING good for us then....Midlands..South West

Edited by dogs32

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold in winter, snow, frost but warm summers please

Hi WiB, We have had falling snow on every day of the last 6 so I'm guessing you have to! ... All in all not a bad little tally for the Balmy Tropics of Devon eh

On a bit of a research mission, there is a couple been living in the village for, ooo well over 50 years and they said that there has never been snow like this in that time. I'd settle for living through a once in half a century event... but if the beer runs out....

Can hardly walk up the hill let alone drive it... its crazy out there! (thats a mixure of snow and ice now)

Edited by Dartmoor_Matt

Posted
what about MON or TUES..LOOKING good for us then

Yes indeed it looks like we may have another bite at the cherry then but I think it could more like a damp squib of an event

Think I'll be up CH tommorow too see how bad the snowdrifts are there looked to be some serious amounts up there when I viewed going in chelts yesterday,just a thick blanket of white as for as the eye can see :D

Iv'e been itching to get up there these last few days.

Posted
Yes indeed it looks like we may have another bite at the cherry then but I think it could more like a damp squib of an event

Think I'll be up CH tommorow too see how bad the snowdrifts are there looked to be some serious amounts up there when I viewed going in chelts yesterday,just a thick blanket of white as for as the eye can see :shok:

why do u think it might be a damp suib.BBC looked confident this morning have things changed since then..

Edited by dogs32

Posted
why do u think it might be a damp suib.BBC looked confident this morning have things changed since then..

Ah right That's good then I haven't checked the forcasts today to busy worrying about the football :shok:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow snow snow ..

hello

you lucky devils who have snow still, werid weather oz flaming hot uk freezing with snow. so whats the weather for next week then in cornwall ( lower) im going to disney paris a week monday so need to be able to get to exeter no little snow flakes arriving near then ?? thanks

Posted
Ah right That's good then I haven't checked the forcasts today to busy worrying about the football :shok:

BBC saying we will miss the snow on Monday...Only to the North of us....

Didn't mention Mon/Tues snow...But Isabel OF sky did this morning which ties into the Met office

so another interesting day come Monday for us lot :o

Edited by dogs32

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extremes, the very hot and the very cold.

Think I'll be up CH tommorow too see how bad the snowdrifts are there looked to be some serious amounts up there when I viewed going in chelts yesterday,just a thick blanket of white as for as the eye can see :shok:

Cleeve Hill is brilliant. Went up there twice today. There are drifts inthe gullys of 2 - 3 feet. Generally a foot of snow although some of the sledge runs have worn thin. V busy so suggest you get there by mid morning. If with a bit of warm up early next week that amount of snow will be around for some time. Every year Cleeve Hill delivers.

Posted

Reached the dizzy heights of 1.1C here today... now dropped back to freezing already. A slight thaw (the snow is still sticking and overhanging from some roofs) but nothing to write home about. Still snow in the trees (after 2 days) and everything that has thawed is now freezing rapidly. I wonder what will happen tmrw...

Posted

haha

Its all open to change IMO, the UKMO looks to have the low further south... lets hope anyway.

Posted
Is that the stuff that isn't white? I can't remember what it looks like.

looks like its rain for the whole south of England :)

Edited by East Kilbride Blizzards

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowageddon and a new ice age. Then a summer long bbq heatwave!

LMAO!

Remember peeps BE PREPARED, we dont wanna here about you people being rescued from floods for the next 5 days :)

Posted

When all this melts its gonna be fun... Dartmoor feeds alot of water at the best of times into the river systems, with up to 3 foot in places of melting snow and (possibly) rain on top of that... well. Wouldn't want to be anylower than 900feet. :)

Loving this post from SM tho

Edited by Dartmoor_Matt

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms and snow

Think I'll be up CH tommorow too see how bad the snowdrifts are there looked to be some serious amounts up there when I viewed going in chelts yesterday,just a thick blanket of white as for as the eye can see :huh:

I have just got back from Cleeve Hill with a friend, we went up there on our mountain bikes. Pretty deep, drifts of up to about 5ft with large areas of knee deep snow and generally about ankle deep (6-8 inches). However it's variable because of the drifting - some parts are almost clear of snow where the snow has been blown over them and into adjacent drifts. I have some pictures which I will upload later. I went up on Thursday as well and have pics here: http://flickr.com/photos/jtrickey/3256055863/ There was more than that today though!

Posted

How big are your ankles?!

We do know that 1 inch is roughly 2.5cm right? Making your ankle depth roughly 20cm? :huh:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extremes

Well some quotes from the BBC

"Almost anywhere in the UK can expect a further covering of snow on Sunday and Monday, the BBC Weather Centre said. "

"Forecaster Tomasz Schafernaker said: "From Sunday morning almost anywhere in the UK may get a further covering, with the north more likely to see snow, up to four inches over the hills."

"On Monday into Tuesday, southern Britain is at risk of a further dumping of snow."

so, there you have it

woody

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms and snow

Perhaps shin deep would be a better assessment of depth.

Wait a sec do I see more snow on top of our 20cm that we have had heading our way according to Met Office:

This is like the Great Lakes now, with one snow storm after another:

UK regions: East of England

Wales

South West England

West Midlands

London & South East England

East Midlands

Heavy Snow Mon 9 Feb

There is a moderate risk of a severe weather event affecting parts of southern England and Wales on Monday. A band of rain will turn to sleet and snow in places as it moves eastwards. There is the potential for around 5 to 10, perhaps locally 15cm of snow.

Issued at: 1132 Sat 7 Feb

UK regions: East of England

Wales

South West England

West Midlands

London & South East England

East Midlands

Heavy Snow Tue 10 Feb

There is a moderate risk of a severe weather event affecting parts of southern England and Wales on Tuesday. A band of rain will turn to sleet and snow in places as it moves eastwards. There is the potential for around 5 to 10, perhaps locally 15cm of snow.

Issued

Edited by Moonstar