Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Snow Watch: N&w Yorkshire, Northern & Ne England

Posted
Snowing light/moderate here too, the snow is piling up on the prevous lying snow :)

Moderately snowing now, looks good.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Temperatures ≤25ºC ≥10ºC.

The last deep snow was the great leeds event of 23.01.95. Was a wednesday. Was raining and at 5pm it turned to heavy snow. Continued till after 9pm. We had around 15 inches. Was the last time snow fell from the roof and took the guttering with it.

1991 had similar depths. i have some pictures of the 1991 event but at the moment they are not accessible.

A stalled front caused the 95 event. I wonder if this channel low has the same potential?

This current spell of snow is the best since 1995 round here.

Can't edit posts on my phone. Was the 25th sorry, not the 23rd.

Posted

Snowing moderatley here with nice sized flakes :fool::D:D

Posted

Still snowing lightly here, but there appears to be some heavier stuff, on the radar, that's

not too far away.

What's happening where you are Dave?

Posted

Well there's plenty of precipitation to the North of North east England and there is plenty to the south. Over North East England, naff all.

If I said I wasn't cheesed off, I'd be lying.

Posted

The Leeds & Bradford area is doing particulalry well atm, with moderate snowfall for past 30mins or so, the heavier ppn missing pretty much north Yorkshire and South Yorkshire

Posted

Just a mention everyone:

Please don't forget to post your Snow reports into the thread below, as a permanent record

will be kept of them :drunk:

http://www.netweather.tv/forum/index.php?s...p;#entry1477463

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heat, Snow, Thunder

Still snowing moderately here, about a centimetre where the snow had melted, maybe 2cm on top of what was already there, which is about as much as I expected for tonight- any more from now is a bonus... although not as much of a bonus as any we get tomorrow which is looking ever more possible!

Posted

Moderate to heavy snowfall. Large flakes. At least 1cm down, perhaps nearer 2 but I'm not crawling around on an icy balcony measuring the depth as I did the other night :drunk:

Posted
  • Location: Cambridge (term time) and Bonn, Germany 170m (holidays)
  • Location: Cambridge (term time) and Bonn, Germany 170m (holidays)

Just to expand on my post above, that basically means every model except the GFS operational have big snow for Yorkshire tomorrow. Big snow.

:drunk:

Let's hope the operational is wrong.

Posted
Just to expand on my post above, that basically means every model except the GFS operational have big snow for Yorkshire tomorrow. Big snow.

:drunk:

your guna have to stop posing charts like that! cos at this rate im not guna get much sleep tonight! :clap:

Just been for a drive up the otley chevin, was superb! :cold:

Heavy driving snow, visibility less than 50 ft and the road quickly getting covered!

I went down a little side road at the very top (1000ft) and the car started going sideways lol! thought it was best I turned around at that point...

Edited by Jed Bickerdike

Posted

:cold:

Nobody cares about Yorkshire.

What they care about is County Durham.

Now if that low can just ease a further 50-70 miles north, then we'll all be happy.

Posted

Now if that low can just ease a further 50-70 miles north, then we'll all be happy.

Not all's lost, you should be able to see a beatifull orange sky to your south west, while yorkshires getting battered! :)

Edited by Jed Bickerdike

Posted

You certainly do deserve a good pasting Paul. :)

Posted

I've been out all day and haven't seen any forecasts so forgive me if I'm barking up the wrong tree and have missed something.

This morning, early on, I was hearing there was a Met office Weather Warning out for here, telling us to beware 5-10 cm of snow falling this evening.

Are they having a laugh or what. It has been snowing here for about an hour now, and there is probably more white powder on the average pub toilet cistern lid on a Saturday night than there is on the roof of my car right now. It will take until this time tomorrow to reach 5cm.

Has the forecast changed ( meto warning still the same), or is it now supposed to snow all night here.

Getting fed up with a) lack of snow in Tyne and Wear and everyone else getting shedloads, and :) the METO constantly overegging the pudding to cover their backsides.

Rant over,

Karl

ps good luck to all in the firing line for tomorrow night, and take care.

Posted
You certainly do deserve a good pasting Paul. :)

LOL, I could take that two ways couldn't I?

Actually, looking at the chart posted by Yeti, if that came to fruition, we'd get a fair bit, though not as intense as Yorkshire.

Posted
I've been out all day and haven't seen any forecasts so forgive me if I'm barking up the wrong tree and have missed something.

This morning, early on, I was hearing there was a Met office Weather Warning out for here, telling us to beware 5-10 cm of snow falling this evening.

Are they having a laugh or what. It has been snowing here for about an hour now, and there is probably more white powder on the average pub toilet cistern lid on a Saturday night than there is on the roof of my car right now. It will take until this time tomorrow to reach 5cm.

Has the forecast changed ( meto warning still the same), or is it now supposed to snow all night here.

Getting fed up with a) lack of snow in Tyne and Wear and everyone else getting shedloads, and :) the METO constantly overegging the pudding to cover their backsides.

Rant over,

Karl

ps good luck to all in the firing line for tomorrow night, and take care.

What has happened is that the band of precipitation crossing west to east has more or less split into two. So you have a bit crossing west to east above us, and a bit crossing west to east below us. We are the clear sandwich in the middle. Again.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot & Sunny, Cold & Snowy
This is much better - it's becoming much heavier, and is laying nicely too :)

Certainly a lot more than I expected from the radar earlier! maybe 2cm now and still falling quite heavily (though I do look to be about at the end of it now).