Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Snow Watch: N&w Yorkshire, Northern & Ne England

Posted

Heavy snow here in Spennymoor, 5 miles south of Durham city.

I can see the drive to Washington this afternoon, going to work, being fun and games.

:)

Posted
  • Location: North Kenton (Tyne-and-Wear)6miles east from newcastle airport

its been snowing for the past 2 hrs none stop , started at 0950this morning, where the temperature was 0.9c, this rose to 1.0c at 1000am , however since then the temperature has fallen now at 1205 temperature is reading +0.5c

nigel

Posted

Has anyone got any idea of the road conditions across Tyne and Wear at all atm, traffic websites not showing any probs but don't trust them. Roads now getting covered here in S.Shields, have to get to Ryton later,cheers

Posted
Has anyone got any idea of the road conditions across Tyne and Wear at all atm, traffic websites not showing any probs but don't trust them. Roads now getting covered here in S.Shields, have to get to Ryton later,cheers

I'm in Washington and the main roads here are covered with snow, so I can imagine there will be a few accidents by rush hour tonight. The snow doesn't look like it's going to stop anytime soon.

Posted

Started snowing just after 10am, 3cm down already, its a winter wonderland. Roads mostly ungritted and treacherous. Wasn't expecting this!

Temp 0.6º, dew point -3.6º, so hopefully a few more hours snow yet. :)

Posted

Great to here that you guys, to the NorthEast of me, are doing well.

Nigel, are you pleased about this mate, or is it going to make it difficult to do your job today?

Posted
I'm in Washington and the main roads here are covered with snow, so I can imagine there will be a few accidents by rush hour tonight. The snow doesn't look like it's going to stop anytime soon.

X 2....I am also in Washington and roads are covered with snow, still more coming down. But looking at the radar I would say it will stop by 1-1.30pm.

Mike

Posted
  • Location: South Shields Tyne & Wear half mile from the coast.
  • Location: South Shields Tyne & Wear half mile from the coast.

I'd leave work now if i was you Karl, not necessarily for the conditions of the roads but to go and have some fun because its gonna all dissapear (allegedly) in a day or two's time..

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm and dry

Good afternoon all,

WhenI went to bed last night, I was under the impression that there was a band of rain moving in from the west that may bring a bit of patchy light sleet or snow before turning to rain. Now I have woken up to light snow with the odd decent size flake in and a weather warning from the met of possible heavy snow for most of the day. What changed and when?

Regards

Craig

Posted
Good afternoon all,

WhenI went to bed last night, I was under the impression that there was a band of rain moving in from the west that may bring a bit of patchy light sleet or snow before turning to rain. Now I have woken up to light snow with the odd decent size flake in and a weather warning from the met of possible heavy snow for most of the day. What changed and when?

Regards

Craig

pretty much the same here and I thought it was coming this evening? Shows how much notice I take.

These type of snowfalls are the best. Unfortunately I've been out at work all morning and have to go out again in a bit.

Posted
Great to here that you guys, to the NorthEast of me, are doing well.

Nigel, are you pleased about this mate, or is it going to make it difficult to do your job today?

Morning GMG

At midday yesterday i was sent home from work , Proper Flu [no not Man flu} lol ive been in bed since yesterday afternoon, really i shouldnt have gone into work at all on tuesday , one minute i was boiling next minute i was shivering, was burning up inside, Now with how much i hav e ben coughing i think ive bruised my ribs , they are killng me,

Its blinking typical , a weather event like today and im laid up in bed, [with the curtains open] watching this wonderful snow fall

nigel

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow/Thunderstorms

HUH, moderate snow here for past hour and a half, slight covering and starting to get heavier, i checked bbc yesterday and there was no forecast of this, anyone know if this will turn bk to rain as there is plenty more precip heading my way

Posted

Anybody know what its like in Consett? I'm in Byker at the moment and toying with the idea of heading home shortly.

Also how long is this band of precipitation likely to be over us for?

Posted
Morning GMG

At midday yesterday i was sent home from work , Proper Flu [no not Man flu} lol ive been in bed since yesterday afternoon, really i shouldnt have gone into work at all on tuesday , one minute i was boiling next minute i was shivering, was burning up inside, Now with how much i hav e ben coughing i think ive bruised my ribs , they are killng me,

Its blinking typical , a weather event like today and im laid up in bed, [with the curtains open] watching this wonderful snow fall

nigel

Sorry to here that Nige, I hope you feel better soon mate :)

We've got to get out later to see to the horses, but if it continues to fall as it is, it may be difficult. It's not the roads themselves that are

the problem, it's because I live down a narrow farm track, and my car is dreadful in the snow.

Posted
Morning GMG

nigel

Im just recovering from that..... ribs killed for days..... ive been told its seven week flu sorry to say, but it does not seem to want to go away..... hope you feel better soon

ps lucky you with the snow

Posted

Still snowing moderately, but smaller flakes.

We could do with an hour of heavy snow with big flakes to "finish the job off" so to speak.

Still 0.6º, dew point slowly rising -3.1º

Off back out for a couple of hours.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything Extreme!
Anybody know what its like in Consett? I'm in Byker at the moment and toying with the idea of heading home shortly.

Hi, im sitting here in consett in my car and its still coming down quite heavy with at least an inch of new snow probably more. Our courier is coming early apparently the roads are slippery.

Posted

Just spoke to my future brother in law who lives in Moorside, and he said then buses and Taxis have stopped running,

nigel

Posted

Still snowing in Aycliffe, wish I could get out of work and take some snaps, it looks amazing out there :)

Road are very bad however, just been out on them, snow is settled on most, even the main road through Aycliffe now, very slippy conditions, getting dangerous out there.

Posted

its been 3 hrs exactly since it started snowing, and its still coming down

nigel