Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Snow Watch: N&w Yorkshire, Northern & Ne England

Posted

Snow continues to fall moderately-however the temperature has risen in the last hour to 1.3c but dropped again in the last 5 minutes to 1.1c. The wind has also picked up to a moderate WNW breeze.Met O radar radar shows some sort of clearance to the North-West but we shall see.

Posted
Snow continues to fall moderately-however the temperature has risen in the last hour to 1.3c but dropped again in the last 5 minutes to 1.1c. The wind has also picked up to a moderate WNW breeze.Met O radar radar shows some sort of clearance to the North-West but we shall see.

what i am thinking.. will this be out to the north seas in next hour or so? Looks like it may be over soon but we shall see.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Tornadoey

Some massive flakes coming down here at the moment. Forget measuring by coin types, some of these are the size of my fist!...

Posted

Well i am very dissapointed it looks like it has turn to sleet or rain here, the radar has also been very misleading through this event. It looks like most of the snow is now towards North-East.

Looking on the Look North News you have been pounded

Edited by Thunder Snow

Posted
Snow alsmost stopped now but the temperature is steady at 1.1c,it has however started to thaw slightly. I would guesstimate that we hve had about 9cm.

I'm surprised the temps are so high (relatively )in Ponteland . Normally there much lower compared to where i am . It hasn't went above 0.4c all day , currently 0.3c and a bit of light snow.

Posted

Not as heavy here in Hexhamshire @ 1050feet.

How much has everyone got now?

Had 6 inches today and a total of 28 inches lying on the ground.

Also isnt it funny how there no mention of this on the news? BBC news 24 forcast even said "the snowfall in north east england will not be significant but will add a dusting to the school run"!

Posted
I'm surprised the temps are so high (relatively )in Ponteland . Normally there much lower compared to where i am . It hasn't went above 0.4c all day , currently 0.3c and a bit of light snow.

Strange indeed perhaps my recorder is wrong-I have another out in the garden and will plodge through the snow to check in a few minutes.

Posted
Not as heavy here in Hexhamshire @ 1050feet.

How much has everyone got now?

Had 6 inches today and a total of 28 inches lying on the ground.

Also isnt it funny how there no mention of this on the news? BBC news 24 forcast even said "the snowfall in north east england will not be significant but will add a dusting to the school run"!

Southern Bias.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and cold in winter, dry in summer.

Stopped here now in Hexham.

I think that's the end of it for me - amounted to 3-4cm.

John

Posted

Thick cover of snow on the ground now and FINALLY we have had our long awaited heavy snowfall. The snow arrived about 1030 and has continued moderatly for the last 3 hours depsiting some impressive amounts for the coast. Still snowing now and an expectation of further snow for the next few hours even into the evening according the the bbc. A minimum of another hour or two of snow.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extremes

I am at work in wallsend on the banks of the river. I guess its low lying and there is about 1/2" of slush on the roads.

Edited by Freezing-Point

Posted
Stopped here now in Hexham.

I think that's the end of it for me - amounted to 3-4cm.

John

Is that in Hexham at river level? Wifes at work in prudhoe and i collect her from the station but will be going nowhere without a snow plough coming through!

Posted

Just checked the other recorder and it is saying 1.4c so perhaps yours is out as well. Either ways it is starting to thaw and the falling snow is now very light.

Posted
Is that in Hexham at river level? Wifes at work in prudhoe and i collect her from the station but will be going nowhere without a snow plough coming through!

No I'm up towards the racecourse at 140m asl but it was settling well down in town earlier on. The roads in Hexham will be fine but the hills down into twn might be tricky at present - where are you coming from?

John

Posted

Snow is a little less heavier just now, but no sign of stopping just yet. Looking at the radar, there are some heavier showers behind this

lighter stuff, which look as though they are going to be bang on target.

Temps are currently 0c and the Dew point is 0c.

Posted

Snow is getting more lighter here now, trees are dripping so it would tell me the temp is above zero now and a thaw will probably take place now. Got a decent enough covering here but i think we had more snow from the convective showers than today's snowfall.

Posted
No I'm up towards the racecourse at 140m asl but it was settling well down in town earlier on. The roads in Hexham will be fine but the hills down into twn might be tricky at present - where are you coming from?

John

From 6 miles south of Whitley Chapel just before the road end or as its known now Hexhamshires premier ski resort!

Posted
From 6 miles south of Whitley Chapel just before the road end or as its known now Hexhamshires premier ski resort!

Can you set up a ski tow? If so I'm on my way - there's a tractor ploughing our road - may be he can give me a lift?

John

Posted
Can you set up a ski tow? If so I'm on my way - there's a tractor ploughing our road - may be he can give me a lift?

John

Was a rumor about a ski tow getting put in here last winter cause its one of the snowist places in england but they ran out of funds. Im going out now to join the 20 or so out skiing now anyway!

Posted

Moderate snow has been falling for hours North of York. Large Flakes. Snow has been moderate and continual. Temp fluctuating between 1C to 0C.

EasingWold Primary School closing just north of here.

Posted
Was a rumor about a ski tow getting put in here last winter cause its one of the snowist places in england but they ran out of funds. Im going out now to join the 20 or so out skiing now anyway!

Do you just walk up the hill?

John