Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Snow Watch: Midlands & C Southern England

Posted
Definate NE Movement on the Last Radar Scan.

Good luck Guys

Paul S

yes just seen that so better chances of heavier precipitaion for our neck of the woods.

still raining here.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms
hopefully not another let down tonight - just got home and driving through sedgley at the highest point - it was a little sleety.

was expecting a heavy snowfall :o . no winds at the moment either.....suppose alongway to go.

It wont turn wintry for another hour or two yet really.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot

Temperature 1.4c and dew point 0.6c, both falling. Should start to turn to snow very soon.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & thunder storms.

I'm on the edge of hinckley near the A5 just up from M69 junction my outside reading is 2.7c

Posted

Possibly on the turn here finally. Hill fog dispersed/lifted, temp under 1C finally, PPN heavier and first wet snow flakes mixed in.

Posted
When are you putting your report up paul, about why you missed the snow last sunday night

All Finished, between 9 and 10pm tonight, Its going to take me about an Hour to Upload everything so could not get it done at work :o :lol:

Cheers

Paul S

Posted

Snow cover has held on impressively well here in Northants today despite intermittent rain throughout the day. This shot was taken just before 5pm

post-5649-1234202184_thumb.jpg

Thaw more apparent on rooves, trees, cars, etc.

SO- is that 7 or 8 days of lying snow here? Remarkable really. Long live winter 08/09 :o

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms
I'm on the edge of hinckley near the A5 just up from M69 junction my outside reading is 2.7c

I think Snowtornado must be in the higher part of Hinckley, I know some parts of Hinckley are 150m ASL.

Posted
All Finished, between 9 and 10pm tonight, Its going to take me about an Hour to Upload everything so could not get it done at work :o :lol:

Cheers

Paul S

Looking forward to reading it.

Posted
You must be at one of the highest points in Hinckley! Coalville is reporting 1.7c and 1c dew, I think at my height of 75m I's around 2.1c and dew of 1.3c. In other words... Forget about snow lol.

im going off the two readings closest to here, cloudsley bush and bull in the oak http://www.trafficweather.info/roadWeather...p.jsp?client=13.

anyway just seen latest news 24 forecast rain all night here now. what a suprise, just going back to yesterdays forecast on countryfile and it is someway off.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extreme weather

Interesting comparing the different temps and dew points.

Here we have a temp of 2.5 and a dew point of 1.8 - so still a long way to go if we wish to see snow.

I'm beginning to side with Andy here, I fear it may just be too marginal as I don't think we're going to get heavy enough precipitation anyway in this area.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Southerly tracking low pressure in winter. Hot and thundery in the summer
About 120m so not far off about 400ft.

te snow threat if im right looks to have moved to the southwest of our region according to the latest bbc. i will be gutted to see this be a flop

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms

Coalville in NW Leicestershire is reporting temp of 1.5 and dew of 0.9c, they are about double my height though, I have a feeling this is going to be a localised event tonight. Higher areas seeing the snow and the low ground with rain and sleet, I really believe that. I am low ground so I say that with disapointment but it's all I can see i'm afraid.

Edited by andy_leics22

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms
te snow threat if im right looks to have moved to the southwest of our region according to the latest bbc. i will be gutted to see this be a flop

Dont take the BBC Maps as Gospel because its not going to be correct to the mile! Things will get going soon. :o

Posted

its going to be, earlier on bbc showed rain turning to snow formany areas between 4 and 6. yet were now at 6 and there are hardly any reports of snow, says it all.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & thunder storms.

lol there are some pretty good hills in Hinckley, but if he gets snow and I don't I'm gonna sulk or get my coat on and climb that hill :o

Posted

WOOHOOOOO that was so cool. It just turned to snow, just like that!!! I was shining my torch into the sleety rain and then it turned to wet snow while I was watching! People this event seems to have a sharp transition.....................

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Southerly tracking low pressure in winter. Hot and thundery in the summer
Dont take the BBC Maps as Gospel because its not going to be correct to the mile! Things will get going soon. :o

i hope your right , where do you get your confidence from??? or is it just your gut telling ya???!!

Posted

Quite a few reports of sleet and snow from southern midlands, NW radar only showing rain? Is it a real radar, or just a simulation programmed by a models output

Posted
WOOHOOOOO that was so cool. It just turned to snow, just like that!!! I was shining my torch into the sleety rain and then it turned to wet snow while I was watching! People this event seems to have a sharp transition.....................

Fantastic!

Raining here still BUT there seems to be something different about this rain now.....

Posted
  • Location: Leicester City Centre (Home) Ashby-De-La-Zouch (Work)
  • Location: Leicester City Centre (Home) Ashby-De-La-Zouch (Work)

Well, I live right next to Hinckley on a hill so I'll let you know if anything changes - still raining right now though and Sammy Snowman isn't looking too healthy.

Posted
i hope your right , where do you get your confidence from??? or is it just your gut telling ya???!!

There are already reports of Snow from Central Wales and temperatures and Dewpoints are dropping now. When the dewpoint goes below 0c it should be Snow.

Quite a few reports of sleet and snow from southern midlands, NW radar only showing rain? Is it a real radar, or just a simulation programmed by a models output

I think its based more on what the GFS says it should be.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: All the Interesting stuff

hi guys, have just been out to the car and looked through the windscreen (how sad)!! there is defiantly ice now in the raindrops, temp 1.8c

Edited by phil b

Posted

I dont think we need to worry about precpitation intensity or here anyway because the rain is quite heavy!

Very soon it will be sleet i think then snow not long after. :)

It feels much colder than earlier too.