Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Snow Watch: Midlands & C Southern England

Posted
Hahahahahahaahahahaha not so happy now are ya? :doh:

Come on man what was all this last night.. "BIG DEVELOPMENTS, PRECIP NORTH, YORKSHIRE IN THE FIRING LINE NOW" "ECM AND GFS PLACE IT FURTHER NORTH"

Now look at ya, "missing me about 30 miles to my South" where did your optimism go? :doh:

Snowing here in yorkshire, al be it lightly.

Posted
HA HA! Does it now hold some sort of magical element? Like Narnia? ha ha :doh:

Head up to the Lickey Hills and you'll see he's sensing what is lurking only 150m or so higher up.............................

Posted
  • Location: Cambridge (term time) and Bonn, Germany 170m (holidays)
Hahahahahahaahahahaha not so happy now are ya? :doh:

Come on man what was all this last night.. "BIG DEVELOPMENTS, PRECIP NORTH, YORKSHIRE IN THE FIRING LINE NOW" "ECM AND GFS PLACE IT FURTHER NORTH"

Now look at ya, "missing me about 30 miles to my South" where did your optimism go? :doh:

I don't think I'll miss out completely and I might see a couple of hours of light snow. At least I can keep the stuff I already have is what I mean.

Of course I was optimistic last night, things were looking further N than they are today sadly, but you were pessimistic last night and today you're optimistic! So it swings in roundabouts. All I'm saying is that I don't want a load of rain to wash away the snow I have at the risk of some more that may or may not recuperate what I already had.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms
Right People Lets Get This Party Started

We have wintery mix falling at the moment flakes sleets and rain woho im not greedy i will have it all lmao

temps are 1.5

cher

x

Hi, whats you height above sea level?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot

I am starting to concede that we will not see snow tonight. Conditions seem ideal, dew point about freezing, heavy precipitation and a temp of 1.1c - and it is still raining. I even have decent elevation of 145m.

My apologies go to those who I doubted.

Edited by nick2702

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms
Snowing here in yorkshire, al be it lightly.

This has to be the funniest picture of the whole winter though... After Yeti came in here last night boasting about Yorkshire now getting the heavy precip up there and the low was further North to then saying hes not bothered and it's going 30 miles South of him is quite funny.

He deliberatly boasted about it in the Midlands thread last night just to rub it in. Here is the funniest picture of the whole winter...

Yeti's location on the latest radar

post-2115-1234204058_thumb.jpg

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, frost, fog and ice!
I am starting to concede that we will not see snow tonight. Conditions seem ideal, dew point about freezing, heavy precipitation and a temp of 1.1c - and it is still raining. I even have decent elevation of 145m.

It is looking that way but the night is still young mate.

Posted

Models look like there were a touch too north in the end with this feature. Anyway there are some snow reports coming in from northern home counties at the moment and I suspect over the next 2-3hrs these will become more widespread. Its easy to see why the snow has started to fall where it has, all down to the heavier precip being in place and Evap. cooling occuring. Possibly this could be happening a little further east then was expected as well.

Posted
This has to be the funniest picture of the whole winter though... After Yeti came in here last night boasting about Yorkshire now getting the heavy precip up there and the low was further North to then saying hes not bothered and it's going 30 miles South of him is quite funny.

He deliberatly boasted about it in the Midlands thread last night just to rub it in. Here is the funniest picture of the whole winter...

john holmes recons by midnight there could be moderate snow and with temps steadly at 0c here, could get 5cm now!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and heatwave
Right People Lets Get This Party Started

We have wintery mix falling at the moment flakes sleets and rain woho im not greedy i will have it all lmao

temps are 1.5

cher

x

Sleet here to, I think for some of us that have seen a foot of snow in the last week a interesting night B)

Posted

Throwing the towel in already and it's not even 7pm yet B)

Unbelievable really.

Posted
I don't think I'll miss out completely and I might see a couple of hours of light snow. At least I can keep the stuff I already have is what I mean.

Of course I was optimistic last night, things were looking further N than they are today sadly, but you were pessimistic last night and today you're optimistic! So it swings in roundabouts. All I'm saying is that I don't want a load of rain to wash away the snow I have at the risk of some more that may or may not recuperate what I already had.

I'm just having a joke with you because it is funny to see the turnaround B) I am not optimistic trust me lol, I said we may get snow in the heavier bursts but it won't settle.

My prediction tonight is... Areas in the Midlands above 250m likely to get a covering, areas below 70m might get wet snow falling but nothing really settling and anywhere between 100m to 200m might see anything in between that.

Posted

Hahahahahahah! :D:D B)

I will be laughing when your snowman is gone, the rain is dripping on the window and I have light snow with 12cm still on the ground and freezing temps!

And boy will I let you know about it now! :p

Posted
  • Location: Leicester City Centre (Home) Ashby-De-La-Zouch (Work)
  • Location: Leicester City Centre (Home) Ashby-De-La-Zouch (Work)

Sammy's head's coming off B) He needs a top-up quickly :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: SNOW..... THUNDERSTORMS

cant beleive the other person from cannock is reporting rain when two miles away in a place called heath hayes its turned to snow :D:p:D:D:D

and now heavy snow B) maybe good news to a few of you!

Edited by i love snow

Posted
Hahahahahahah! :p:D B)

I will be laughing when your snowman is gone, the rain is dripping on the window and I have light snow with 12cm still on the ground and freezing temps!

And boy will I let you know about it now! :D

You know I like a bit of banter :p It is hilarious though the difference in your attitude today from last night. Last night you couldn't get enough of the model runs, telling all us in the Midlands that it was now further North and Yorkshire was going to see a good deal of snow. Now you think that it's going to miss you you are accepting defeat and saying you weren't bothered anyway :p

The amount of boasting you was doing last night was huge, you was adament us Midlanders were now doomed and Yorkshire was the snow capital of the world :D

Posted

OK this is starting to get serious now. Temp dropped below 0.5C about 15 mins ago and now approaching 0. Pretty much all snow now rather than sleet, and flakes getting larger. Wind is strongest I've seen this month accompanying snow. I think I might just go and check the definition of "blizzard" again - might need the word after all if the current trend in the weather carries on..............

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and heatwave
My prediction tonight is... Areas in the Midlands above 250m likely to get a covering, areas below 70m might get wet snow falling but nothing really settling and anywhere between 100m to 200m might see anything in between that.

Suggest you look out of your window for a more accurate forcast B)

Its now snowing here at 50ft and its only 6.30pm

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot
cant beleive the other person from cannock is reporting rain when two miles away in a place called haeth hayes its turned to snow :p:p B):p:D

and now heavy snow :D

WHAT?! I am in Norton Canes! I am off to the lamp post, be right back!

Nope, still heavy rain :D

Edited by nick2702

Posted

One for Andy:

9pm heavy no:

m_cloudrain_09020921.jpg

Midnight heavy no:

m_cloudrain_09021000.jpg

3am heavy no:

m_cloudrain_09021003.jpg

6am light no:

m_cloudrain_09021006.jpg

I can assure you Leicester is in the blue every time!!!!

Looks like bye bye Willy the snowman eh? B)

Edited by Yeti