Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Snow Watch: Midlands & C Southern England

Posted

Height really is going to be a huge factor here, if you see snow or not, 150m+ turning to snow in the next hour with some accumalations or though not massive amounts as its going to stuggle to stick and the intensity isn't really there.

Lower than say 100m are really going to struggle to see any lying snow, with wet snow at best imo.

But we will see

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, frost, fog and ice!

Quite heavy rain here now but feeling colder. I wouldn't worry too much about the forcast, this is a nowcasting event for sure.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms
Well, I live right next to Hinckley on a hill so I'll let you know if anything changes - still raining right now though and Sammy Snowman isn't looking too healthy.

My 6 foot snowman is really struggling now lol, I hope this isn't an all rain event because when the heavy stuff gets here it's going to kill my snowman off!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Southerly tracking low pressure in winter. Hot and thundery in the summer
There are already reports of Snow from Central Wales and temperatures and Dewpoints are dropping now. When the dewpoint goes below 0c it should be Snow.

I think its based more on what the GFS says it should be.

ok great but this morning i heard them say a possible 8inc and now it sounds rubbish if im honest

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Yay...seem to be getting the odd flake now in the rain... :lazy:

Posted
  • Location: Cambridge (term time) and Bonn, Germany 170m (holidays)
  • Location: Cambridge (term time) and Bonn, Germany 170m (holidays)
Coalville in NW Leicestershire is reporting temp of 1.5 and dew of 0.9c, they are about double my height though, I have a feeling this is going to be a localised event tonight. Higher areas seeing the snow and the low ground with rain and sleet, I really believe that. I am low ground so I say that with disapointment but it's all I can see i'm afraid.

It's all a waste really, if that front went 50-100 miles further N there would be serious blizzards at all levels, but instead it's going to be a general sleet event at lower levels I feel... This is my take:

W Midlands: accumulations above 150-200m at times (i.e. pretty much the whole area)

E Midlands: accumulations above 200-250m at times (not so large an area)

N Midlands and Derbyshire looking best, as well as S Yorks, with Buxton probably seeing a decent pasting.

The precip is about 20-30 miles to my S now and is falling as snow there, just shows what a waste the heaviest stuff is going to be. In fact in a way I'm not too depressed about missing out because I have 12cm of snow on the ground and this would all melt with the rain before hand, and I can't see a widespread 10+cm if I'm honest, although there is a chance on the W Midlands plateau.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms
blizzards, do you live in hagley?

No but im only about 2 miles away from there though i do go to school in Hagley. :lazy:

Posted

Here in Oxford I am surprised to find that we have an icy/snowy rainy mix. With my arm out of the window I can feel and see large icy drops of rain, while against light I can see snow floating down within the mix.

Posted
It's all a waste really, if that front went 50-100 miles further N there would be serious blizzards at all levels, but instead it's going to be a general sleet event at lower levels I feel... This is my take:

W Midlands: accumulations above 150-200m at times (i.e. pretty much the whole area)

N Midlands and Derbyshire looking best, as well as S Yorks, with Buxton probably seeing a decent pasting.

The precip is about 20-30 miles to my S now and is falling as snow there, just shows what a waste the heaviest stuff is going to be. In fact in a way I'm not too depressed about missing out because I have 12cm of snow on the ground and this would all melt with the rain before hand, and I can't see a widespread 10+cm if I'm honest, although there is a chance on the W Midlands plateau.

Hahahahahahaahahahaha not so happy now are ya? :cray:

Come on man what was all this last night.. "BIG DEVELOPMENTS, PRECIP NORTH, YORKSHIRE IN THE FIRING LINE NOW" "ECM AND GFS PLACE IT FURTHER NORTH"

Now look at ya, "missing me about 30 miles to my South" where did your optimism go? :lazy:

Posted

:lazy: the odd very very wet flake is coming in you can tell because ive been sad enough to stare at the lampost and you can see the odd thing fall alot faster than the rain :cray: and it stands out so hopefully it gets cooler :doh:

im on the top of a hill in leicester.

Posted

Come on man what was all this last night.. "BIG DEVELOPMENTS, PRECIP NORTH, YORKSHIRE IN THE FIRING LINE NOW" "ECM AND GFS PLACE IT FURTHER NORTH"

Now look at ya, "missing me about 30 miles to my South" where did your optimism go? :lazy:

Heheheh

keep optimistic andy you have a better chance than me.If the colder air digs in as it looks like its starting to then once it turns to snow you will be in business mate.

Up here its bloody rain,oh joy

Posted

first sign of sleetiness in the rain here. its gonna be a very gradual process me thinks

Posted
Fantastic!

Raining here still BUT there seems to be something different about this rain now.....

HA HA! Does it now hold some sort of magical element? Like Narnia? ha ha :lazy:

Posted
keep optimistic andy you have a better chance than me.If the colder air digs in as it looks like its starting to then once it turns to snow you will be in business mate.

Up here its bloody rain,oh joy

Cheers mate, we'll see, the best chance I have is when the heavy precip gets here, maybe the heavy precip coupled with colder air digging in would turn it to snow, I expect it to be very wet snow and very wet snow falling into soaked ground is a bit of a bad mixture!

Posted

Cardiff, Bristol, Gloucester, Cirencester so far the places ive seen definately reporting snow

Edited by SnowTornado

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Southerly tracking low pressure in winter. Hot and thundery in the summer

thats right , all the ppn is goin south of hear , obviously missing the areas that would do best out of it

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot
Hahahahahahaahahahaha not so happy now are ya? :doh:

Now look at ya, "missing me about 30 miles to my South" where did your optimism go? :doh:

Yeah, what happened to the gloating! :doh:

Posted

Right People Lets Get This Party Started

We have wintery mix falling at the moment flakes sleets and rain woho im not greedy i will have it all lmao

temps are 1.5

cher

x