Thunder?
Local
Radar
Hot?
IGNORED

Snow Watch: London, Se England & East Anglia

Posted
What are the chances of snow in the Greater London/ Essex Border area? :doh:

Around 0.000001% im afraid. My dewpoint is 3c and im in fairly rural Essex. Rained here all day so in the unlikely event that anything white does fall from the sky it will be washed away on impact. Flooding will be a real issue though!

Matt B)

• Replies 692
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted

I dont expect any snow to come of this until at least the middle of the night and that is very iffy as it is.

It is just too warm now.

Of concern for me is the prospect now of flooding for some...though EA have most rivers on watch rather than warning.

Time will tell on this

Posted
Around 0.000001% im afraid. My dewpoint is 3c and im in fairly rural Essex. Rained here all day so in the unlikely event that anything white does fall from the sky it will be washed away on impact. Flooding will be a real issue though!

Matt :doh:

Matt we have heavy sleet and a temp of 1.1c. Its been this way since 6pm so I wouldn't be surprised to see snow. Also, look at last night - exceptionaly heavy snow which gave a 1" covering in just minutes.

Posted
I have seen that so think whats the use of it ?

Def snow here at 50 feet well in side their rain band

Can someone please confirm that the radar I've paid for in Extra isnt actually radar?

That's somewhat misleading then, isnt it?

I was expecting the same as the met office radar, just updated more often. Surely this must be so, right??

Posted
Matt we have heavy sleet and a temp of 1.1c. Its been this way since 6pm so I wouldn't be surprised to see snow. Also, look at last night - exceptionaly heavy snow which gave a 1" covering in just minutes.

One of us must have our very own micro-climate!! :D Not a sniff of snow here last night, moderate rain was all we had which had all frozen when i went to work at 6am :D . Just heavy rain here at the moment as it has been all day, there was a few sleety sploges on the windscreen around the Colchester area early but thats was all.

Some places may see snow and if you had an inch last night i can understand your optimism. For here though i can see nothing but heavy rain, and judhing by the radar im in for plenty more of the same!

Matt. :D

Posted
Has my thermometer broke?

I kid you not, it says 10.1 Degrees Now!!

lol probably not, here i have 9.6c atm, its the warm sector inbetween the two fronts, in a few hours time it would of dropped :lol:

Posted

sorry been off for a while, had heavy sleet at 8pm,

just mainly rain again, alittle sleet mixed in.

Posted

My temperature is shooting up as well. Quite amazing watching it going up so quickly , if it keeps going up this rate for a few hours I will be in shorts and tee shirt outside :lol:

Posted
My temperature is shooting up as well. Quite amazing watching it going up so quickly , if it keeps going up this rate for a few hours I will be in shorts and tee shirt outside :lol:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Surprises
Has my thermometer broke?

I kid you not, it says 10.1 Degrees Now!!

1.01 and falling here... best take yours outside :nonono:

Posted

My temperature went from 4C to 9C in about an hour or two, and i have never seen the temperature rise so fast! :o

should start to drop now, hopefully :nonono::nonono:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Thunderstorms

Still sleet here in St Ives, trouble is we are on that Rain/Snow divide so i'm expecting wet snow/ sleet/ rain all night. Tremp 2.3 DP 1C - and still dropping, slowly.

Posted
My temperature went from 4C to 9C in about an hour or two, and i have never seen the temperature rise so fast! :o

should start to drop now, hopefully :nonono::nonono:

We are entering the core of the depression, and because it originated from the tropics it's got a very warm and moist centre. :D

Posted

Can anyone tell me why High Wycombe has a 0% chance of snow today on both the 10 day forecast and the 7 day forecast but on the home page it is now 70% for today? And which one is right? :nonono:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: SNAW

I've just looked on the MetO website and they forcast heavy snow and heavy rain at the same time for Brighton in between 9pm and 6am..! If there is hope for me - there is hope for you guys... :nonono:

Not sure what temps and dewpoint is at the mo - will check it now. :nonono: