Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Snow Watch: London, Se England & East Anglia

Posted
Does anyone think this will make it as far as Essex..... or am I living in a dream land?!?!

:( Sorry, no disrespect to Essex, it just sounded funny!

I am still trying to take in the fact that there is even a remote possibility today, but if you got snow last week then it may get down to your area - don't go down to William Hill and place any money on it please!

Posted

As others have said this possible event is a bit of a surprise. The latest 06z GFS precipitation forecasts indicate the further east and north you are the better the chances for snow although it will generally turn to rain or sleet later on. Maybe some of the areas to the east of London that have missed out recently will receive something although as usual I suspect the Chilterns and Downs will be the best place to be.

Posted
As others have said this possible event is a bit of a surprise. The latest 06z GFS precipitation forecasts indicate the further east and north you are the better the chances for snow although it will generally turn to rain or sleet later on.

And here's what the nice computers at GFS and NW show for tonight:

prectypeuktopo.png

I feel a ramp coming on......

Posted
:( Sorry, no disrespect to Essex, it just sounded funny!

I am still trying to take in the fact that there is even a remote possibility today, but if you got snow last week then it may get down to your area - don't go down to William Hill and place any money on it please!

You're right though, now I read it again it was funny!

Thanks for the reply! :(

Posted
And here's what the nice computers at GFS and NW show for tonight:

prectypeuktopo.png

I feel a ramp coming on......

Now I like that a lot! Essex (or dreamland as it will now be known) would definitely get some if that chart is right!

How reliable are those particular charts at this timeframe? I seem to remember someone saying they have been very good the last few weeks when its this close?

Posted

Not as accurate as this will be:

lamp-post-and-snow-flakes-by-halley.jpg

Posted

Looked out the window at 5.30am and there was a covering of snow. Nothing much, maybe a tissue paper covering and enough for a snowshrew. About 8.00am it was snowing a bit but now the sun is out and snow melting very fast.

Nice to see it though.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: SNAW

The sun is shining very brightly here in Brighton - it has melted this mornings frost.

Coasts chart looks very promising - especially for us down here on the coast.. but (!) I have seen it too many times before to get too excited..!! Am still a little bit though ;) !!!!

Actually, it probably will snow heavily down here as I have to drive along the coast for a weekend away tomorrow...! :wallbash:

Another evening of lamppost watching...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow snow and snow

Morning all...I'm surprised to be back here so soon....I thought it wouldn't be till next weekend! The forecast caught me off guard this morning...didn't think there was any prospect for this in all I read yesterday. I shall be watching lamposts keenly this evening.

Actually the NW percentage chance of snow is well down on today (52% ) after getting up to 82% for yesterday..which never looked like materialising!

Edited by Timmytour

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Deep untouched powdery snow and red hot beaches sipping cocktails

I will not look at lamposts or out for an orange sky tonight, definately not, no way, mmmmm ok maybe just for an hour or three!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow snow and snow
Looking at the radar, is it just me or does this look like it will be in the north sea by the time it reaches us. EA and kent will get some PPN but that looks about it

Are you Dorking? You should put your location in your profile so we know where you are talking about.

If you are Dorking I think it's possible you might be too far south and west. The other possibility is that even if you get the precipitation it will be of rain by then.

Posted

We had only a light frost this morning compared to yesterday. :cc_confused:

Posted
Looking at the radar, is it just me or does this look like it will be in the north sea by the time it reaches us. EA and kent will get some PPN but that looks about it

SHhhhh! Don't scare it away just yet (I'm afraid you could be right though :cc_confused: )

Freezing wet slush in the morning then? :unsure: