Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Snow Watch: London, Se England & East Anglia

Posted
Amazing, only a few miles away here its temp 3.2 and DP 2.6. Have you had a sudden drop in temps?

Not really. We never caught the milder air that arrived this evening and only rose a very small amount. Temps have remained around the same, with only the dew point showing the biggest increase. I've checked this with other weather sites to varify the temps.

It is still rain here, no sleet. Dew is below freezing and temp looks like getting there soon.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, thunderstorms

any reports of snow in essex or herts yet?

Posted

Seems the Norwich snow leading edge has just reached the N Norfolk coast now wet snow/sleet fingers crossed for later on please please please

Posted
Think your probably correct about the lying snow having a cooling effect, been snowing here most of the evening, very heavy at times too, grass is under a thick blanket of snow again and people footprints that were on pavements are covered once more. Just down the road in aylesbury it's been raining mostly and they are at a higher elevation i think than here. Just goes do show what influence snow cover has on temperature. You notice alot more on frosty clear nights when theres lying snow, seems to suck the temps down quickly.

We have lying snow even with all this rotten rain but no sign of it turning to snow, even though we are up high in the Chilterns. :D

Posted

virtually back to rain now, temp 0c, but blowing a gale, settled snow turning slushy again.

Confident it will turn back.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and thunderstorms!! (With the odd gale thrown in)
We have lying snow even with all this rotten rain but no sign of it turning to snow, even though we are up high in the Chilterns. :lol:

I would expect things to change for you soon. the low is moving to the East, so the cold should start digging in soon.

Posted
Some very heavy stuff showing up on the radar in the Herts area at the moment, particularly towards Stevenage.

Any reports?

No still rain here in Hertford but the wind is picking up now, high risk of flooding here with melting snow off farmlands etc. running ino the rivers.

Posted
  • Location: Buntingford, North East Hertfordshire (120m asl) and Enfield, London (20m asl)
  • Location: Buntingford, North East Hertfordshire (120m asl) and Enfield, London (20m asl)
Some very heavy stuff showing up on the radar in the Herts area at the moment, particularly towards Stevenage.

Any reports?

About eight miles East of Stevenage here and still chucking it down with rain.

Just does not feel as cold tonight.

Posted

Any reports?

Just heavy rain and the wind has picked up. Not sure these temp readings are right: 0.3c and dp -0.4c

Edited by rubble79

Posted

Any reports?

Hopefully that blob will start moving in a more southerly direction soon, that may help bring the temps down a bit.

Posted

still snowing in st ives mark ?

definately snowing again, being blown along by a hounding wind, everywhere white, thats good enough for me - time to turn in, good luck everybody....

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Thunderstorms
still snowing in st ives mark ?

definately snowing again, being blown along by a hounding wind, everywhere white, thats good enough for me - time to turn in, good luck everybody....

Yes, still snowing here - everything covered. The snow is very thin though, like frozen drizzle and it's being blown in in waves.

Posted
I would expect things to change for you soon. the low is moving to the East, so the cold should start digging in soon.

Thanks for the info sno'problem ! Wind getting up and sleet mixed in the rain

Posted

There really is some hefty ppn just East of Luton at the moment, if that is snow, then it must be close to true blizzard conditions.

Posted
just started to change to snow here! Finally!

Could get interesting for you soon, looks like that 'clump' of ppn is spiralling slightly, so looks like it is going to make it's way very slowly.

Anyone caught under that should start seeing more wintryness mixed in soon.

Woe, woe and thrice woe, I've been watching the street lights and I am not sure whether I see the occasional flake coming down with the rain or was it wishful thinking. The puddles are still showing splashes as the rain drops fall even though the temp has fallen from +2c to +1 c since midnight.

Any snow left in my garden is now a sorry sight and in places there are puddles where once there was snow.

There may be some wettish snow or sleet later in the night but I am afraid the morning is more likely to be a slush hour than a rush hour. :(

Posted
Could get interesting for you soon, looks like that 'clump' of ppn is spiralling slightly, so looks like it is going to make it's way very slowly.

Anyone caught under that should start seeing more wintryness mixed in soon.

Hope so! Its not overly heavy but i'm quite surprised at how fast it changed. One minute it was rain banging against the window, then it sounded different. It does settle very quickly too. Even the patio outside is dusted.

Posted
Hope so! Its not overly heavy but i'm quite surprised at how fast it changed. One minute it was rain banging against the window, then it sounded different. It does settle very quickly too. Even the patio outside is dusted.

Good luck.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Squall Lines, Storm Force Winds & Extreme Weather!

A Winter Storm :)

No wind, no snow..........................just moderate rain during the early evening. Have I missed something :)

On a brighter note, very much looking forward to Spring now with some thunderstorms!!! :(

Seasons

Edited by Seasons

Posted

Just starting snowing here in Buntingford, North East Herts and settling as well.

Posted
A Winter Storm :)

No wind, no snow..........................just moderate rain during the early evening. Have I missed something :(

Seasons

You can come for a swim in my garden if you like as we have a moderate swimming pool now :)

Posted

Rain has turned to light snow here. What is most incredible is the wind. I haven't heard a whistling wind like this in years. Even though I'm nice and warm inside it's sending a shiver down my spine.