Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Snow Watch: London, Se England & East Anglia

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Squall Lines, Storm Force Winds & Extreme Weather!

BLIZZARD!!! Heavy driving snow, laying on all surfaces............... :(

Wasn't quite expecting it to be this heavy

Seasons

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and thunderstorms!! (With the odd gale thrown in)
BLIZZARD!!! Heavy driving snow, laying on all surfaces............... :(

Wasn't quite expecting it to be this heavy

Seasons

You lucky sausage!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Squall Lines, Storm Force Winds & Extreme Weather!

Light rain to blizzard within minutes............. :(

Pictures to follow guys :)

This is heading east~

Seasons

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: cold and snowy. Summer: hot and sunny

funny how the precipitation stops just when its probably cold enough to snow. typical

Posted
funny how the precipitation stops just when its probably cold enough to snow. typical

The ppn is now starting to move back down, so you should have something falling from the sky soon, whatever it may be?

Posted

Quite agree danm. The precipitation is easing in intensity now judging by the latest radar images. Still moderate here though and blowing around in the strong northerly wind.

Hoping the back egde re-invigorates as it's sweeps though East Anglia and Kent...............MetO predict heavy snow in SW Suffolk at 06:00 ~ maybe a few hours of this as we're only just past 3am :(

All about Nowcasting over the next couple of hours......

Seasons

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow
Quite agree danm. The precipitation is easing in intensity now judging by the latest radar images. Still moderate here though and blowing around in the strong northerly wind.

Hoping the back egde re-invigorates as it's sweeps though East Anglia and Kent...............MetO predict heavy snow in SW Suffolk at 06:00 ~ maybe a few hours of this as we're only just past 3am :)

All about Nowcasting over the next couple of hours......

Seasons

A really driving sleet storm here, with a few snowflakes mixed in, if this turns to snow proper, even just for 15 minutes — OMG!!! :):(:)

Posted
A really driving sleet storm here, with a few snowflakes mixed in, if this turns to snow proper, even just for 15 minutes — OMG!!! :(:):)

:):(:clap:

Lol, Iceni if it carries on like this I might need to borrow your 4 x 4 for work in 3 hours :shok:

From a very cold and snowy SW Suffolk ~ over n out :good:

Seasons :)

Posted

Got a sleety mix here now in Notting Hill, but the ppn has died down a lot, so nothing will settle here it seems, not even for a few mins.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Easygoing, but winter is meant to be white, dammit!

Pretty much the same here....can't believe the temperature drop!

Last time I checked, it was hammering with rain (I walked in it...trust me, it was 'damp' to say the least) and 8.8 degrees

Woke up becasue the rain sounded strange, and found the temperature is now 1 degree, and sleet with quite a few fair sized lumps of snow being blown to a strong north wind.

Can't see it settling, except on my old car outside which has a slushy 'orrible mess on it, but you never know.

Might even get up early to see what's happened!

Posted
:yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

Lol, Iceni if it carries on like this I might need to borrow your 4 x 4 for work in 3 hours :shok:

From a very cold and snowy SW Suffolk ~ over n out :good:

Seasons :crazy:

it's now officially snow... wish it was a tad colder, but the uppers are –4.5° C and even all that rain didn't get rid of the lying snow so it's settling.

Great fun :rolleyes: I'd better get some kip now :lazy:

Posted

Still raining. :rolleyes:

Rivers will be very high this morning after all this rain. The winds are pretty strong now, with a near gale north/northeasterly buffeting the coastline.

Posted
hmm, morning all. What a shame that nice bit of 3-4cms of snow has now gone thanks to the rain:( oh well guess the winter storm is over for us now.

Very windy here in sittingbourne and the rain is now sleety with the odd flake mixed in. Temp now 2oc

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and heatwave

0.6c with light rain

Posted

Very wet and blustery night last night, with sleet/wet snow starting to falling over North Downs on my way to work this morning. Apart from a bit noisy I have to say a pretty nondescript night, really.

Posted

A wet and windy night, rain hammering against my north facing window all night and gusts swirling around the outside of the house. It's 1.1c, although I miraculously awoke at 2:30am and it was 0.1c with some blowing flakes outside. Nothing settled, so it's VERY wet outside and very little snow from last Monday remaining.

I should add that we've had 39mm rain in the past 24 hours. Wind is 21mph gusting 35mph from the NW.

Edited by Tommyd1258

Posted
A wet and windy night, rain hammering against my north facing window all night and gusts swirling around the outside of the house. It's 1.1c, although I miraculously awoke at 2:30am and it was 0.1c with some blowing flakes outside. Nothing settled, so it's VERY wet outside and very little snow from last Monday remaining.

I should add that we've had 39mm rain in the past 24 hours. Wind is 21mph gusting 35mph from the NW.

Same here Tommy ! Cant believe there is some snow left lying after so much ******* rain!

Posted

Very heavy snow for around an hour to an hour and a half last night - approx 1am with everywhere covered by around an inch. Of course, it has now all gone only to be replaced by rain and a temp of 2.7C. We are in "now you see it, now you don't" land. Oh well, I am beginning to think lying snow here is a physical impossibility. The best fall this year reamains at the end of November when it snowed all one Sunday morning with a temperature of around -2 and even some blowing around. Just can't see it coming off this month.

Edited by Steve Edgefield

Posted

Heavy snow about 3 o'clock this morning, covering roads and cars again. Now sleeting, but the snow is still on of the cars and on some areas of the roads. Maximum wind speed 37.59 overnight.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Ice and cold sunny days with blue skies.

UNREAL! A day of rain and melting snow has meant huge flooding in the area with many roads closed near here. On top of which I woke up to a good covering of SNOW on top of it all!! Radwinter, Saffron Walden.

Posted

Morning all

Had a very heavy spell of snow this morning between 3:30am -4:30 am. Did not settle though due to the ground being saturated. Rivers are very high in the area!!

Posted

wind woke me up - and kept me awake - quite frightening to be honest

but posting because i am so gutted by gmtv 'peoples photos of snow' feel so disappointed that we missed out :rolleyes::rolleyes::(

Posted

As expected

rain,

lots and lots of rain :rolleyes:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Deep untouched powdery snow and red hot beaches sipping cocktails

A127 closed between Warley and Halfway House, A12 Northbound at Chelmsford closed, A127 sliproad (both direcions) for A130 closed, all due to flooding!!! take care out on the roads in Essex today!