Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Snow Watch: Midlands & C Southern England

Posted
Stopped here now again

Another Northamptonshire based poster! Welcome aboard :lol:

Still snowing steadily here Frank, I'm pleased to report, although a little less intense than earlier.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Southerly tracking low pressure in winter. Hot and thundery in the summer

Can i ask where all the westmidlanders have gone!! its stil heavy snow hear , just hope it hasnt left you yet . anybody pls??

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, frost, fog and ice!

This past week has been great for most of the midlands! I cannot remember the last time we had 4 snow events within a week! And the models seem to suggest it will be staying cold for a while all be it drier.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow - or HOT

still snowing here, as it has been for a couple of hours, only about 1cm though ! all heading to the east mids where i grew up (spit) have fun guys !

Posted
I'm starting to think this could be significant here now, 10cm or so is possible.

3-4cm has fell in an hour and looking at the radar it's now stalled and is slowly moving East but theres LOADS of heavy PPN still over Leicestershire, Northants, Nottingham that will slowly move East through the night and theres more out West in Birmingham which we will get in a few hours :lol:

Well I made it into work today (didn't on Thursday and Friday) and looking increasingly that way tomorrow! I think for cumulative snowfall (I make it 4 (Mon)+7 (Thurs) +7 (Fri) +1 (Sunday) = 19 inches since last Monday excluding tonight) it has been the most i've experienced since February 1991 (and that was in the NE of England). Amazing stuff here in East Northants.

Edited by mackerel sky

Posted

It's the same here but i'd say it was deeper here :D

Now don't you start questioning my snow depths again young man!!!!

We have a good foot of the stuff now and another 4 feet to come!! so there! :lol:

Posted

Definitely going to bed happy now: just ventured outside and it's proper deep snow, with 10cm+ of thick fresh snow lying on absolutely everything including the washing line! I almost managed to bury a 20cm ruler in the snow on the lawn, just a cm sticking above the snow in the deeper patches. Still snowing, so looking good for the deepest snow since 1991. In fact, why am i being so calm about this THIS IS AWESOME!!!!

Posted
Can i ask where all the westmidlanders have gone!! its stil heavy snow hear , just hope it hasnt left you yet . anybody pls??

I'm, still here mate, although the snow is starting to fizzle out here now with a decent dusting 3-5cm.

To be classed as a covering it has to be over 8cm in my books :lol:

Posted

yes im still here, just too tired. still got snow, blowing in the wind!

Posted

im right here mate! yep! its going craaaazzzzyyyy here :lol: absolutely chuckng it down! blizzard conditions imo! wind is howling! just went out 4 a ciggie and the snow put it out lol! it's wickid here! it's laying but only slowly unfortunately!

Posted
I'm, still here mate, although the snow is starting to fizzle out here now with a decent dusting 3-5cm.

To be classed as a covering it has to be over 8cm in my books :lol:

me too, but is not looking so good ! only about 2cm here

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, frost, fog and ice!
Definitely going to bed happy now: just ventured outside and it's proper deep snow, with 10cm+ of thick fresh snow lying on absolutely everything including the washing line! I almost managed to bury a 20cm ruler in the snow on the lawn, just a cm sticking above the snow in the deeper patches. Still snowing, so looking good for the deepest snow since 1991. In fact, why am i being so calm about this THIS IS AWESOME!!!!

Wonderful news! This really has been like a winter of old. I really did not expect this winter to pan out like it has! Well the snow in Tamworth is easing slightly and we only have a light slushy dusting. But it has been great fun on this forum over the past week. Lets hope we have a couple more snow events before the winter ends!

Posted
Yes no real explanation for this ? , I think its turning more sleety here

ps I think your including some high foundation there

Heighest point in Peterborough is the 'your now leaving Peterborough' sign :wallbash:

The one on the A14 or A1? :lol:

Posted
Not sure mate. The BBC mentioned Northamptonshire in particular with regard to snowfall on their forecast just now but it did look like it turned to rain on its back edge. Hope that's wrong.

Not quite sure I see the logic in that. Even in the lighter bursts here the thermometer hasn't moved off freezing, and surely the uppers get lower as the night goes on - even in the precip does get lighter. I find it strange, complete reverse of the GFS - though I must say that Thurs/Friday GFS had us under sleet/rain for much of that those two days...! Rise in dew point??? Not sure at all about the back edge turning to rain.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & Ice

Still snowing steady here at NN3, briefly lost electric, which was enough to knock computer out !!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Southerly tracking low pressure in winter. Hot and thundery in the summer
im right here mate! yep! its going craaaazzzzyyyy here :wallbash: absolutely chuckng it down! blizzard conditions imo! wind is howling! just went out 4 a ciggie and the snow put it out lol! it's wickid here! it's laying but only slowly unfortunately!

well another look at the radar and its halted as far as i can see, it has left the south some what but that as it follows the tight rap around of the low , look at the ppn still on us its not really budged, its moving away but very slowly indeed

Posted
snowing very heavily here been snowing for about 2 hours :wallbash: around 5cm now keeps coming though ahah hopefully we could make 8-10

Somebody has just spotted a polar low is forming in the atlantic . Does anybody know anything about it sounds pretty big story if it has.

Posted
Somebody has just spotted a polar low is forming in the atlantic . Does anybody know anything about it sounds pretty big story if it has.

really ? anyone else heard anything ?