Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Snow Watch: Midlands & C Southern England

Posted
Defanitly mate, I'm delighted :D Proper hammering it down out there, in fact it is almost blizzard like, it's snowing heavy and the wind is driving it aswell.

YEP! THE WINDS GETTING UP HERE 2

Posted

Looks to me on the radar it`s taking a quicker shift east now I can`t see it lasting very long tonight certainly not like what GFS showed,BBC showed it dying away later tonight.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot

WHY :D WON'T :D IT :lazy: SETTLE :D PROPERLY :lazy:

I am going to bed and seeing what it is like in the morning, but to be honest, I am very doubtful of a covering. Goodnight and good luck folks.

Posted
The Highways Agency are gearing up for between 5 and 10 inches in my area with the worse to come after midnight

WHERE R U?

Posted
WHY :D WON'T :D IT :lazy: SETTLE :D PROPERLY :lazy:

I am going to bed and seeing what it is like in the morning, but to be honest, I am very doubtful of a covering. Goodnight and good luck folks.

suprised its not considering your further north and west. i take it its not as heavy?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Southerly tracking low pressure in winter. Hot and thundery in the summer

Good heavy snow hear, hoping the yellow halts on us which it may well do as it desperatly tries to push further north, i think as its gettin colder now it makes the snow appear heavier as even very tiny rain drops prob not visible to our eye turns to snow, white-out !!!!!!!!!!! very heavy now.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, frost, fog and ice!
WHY :D WON'T :D IT :D SETTLE :D PROPERLY :D

I know its really frustrating as it is heavy! Goodnight mate. Let's hope we wake up surprised.

Posted

Its starting to get very windy here now. Feels alot colder than what it is! light snow still. Will there be anymore or is it stopping?? :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Southerly tracking low pressure in winter. Hot and thundery in the summer
WHERE R U?

honestly where did you hear that then?????

Posted

about an inch on the road now which normally has the odd car come down, unbelievable, especially as i was resigned to no settling snow here tonight. a very wet inch lol 1 cars tyres has squashed the whole lot it drove over to next to nothing.

Edited by SnowTornado

Posted

Looks like the PPN has just started to move SE but it still looks asthough the W.mids will see another hour of snow and the East Mids lightly more.

Still heavy snow here

Posted
Looks like the PPN has just started to move SE but it still looks asthough the W.mids will see another hour of snow and the East Mids lightly more.

Still heavy snow here

probably more. a couple of hrs id say

Posted

Yippeeee its finally turned to snow, thank god, as the lying snow was beginning to slowly melt with all the rain that we have had. :D

Posted
Continuous rainfall here for hours and hours. Not holding high hopes for any snow.

Yhhh, it does suck a little dont it lol, what i dont get is that earlier it was heavy snow for a little while when the temp was around 2.3C, but now that the temp is down to around 1C it is heavy rain? Why?? :D

Posted
  • Location: Leicester City Centre (Home) Ashby-De-La-Zouch (Work)
  • Location: Leicester City Centre (Home) Ashby-De-La-Zouch (Work)

It's the same here SnowTornado - must be very wet snow as the cars are just driving normally here and clearing it out the way as they drive through it.

Posted

Snow still piling up nicely here: now got 7cm/nearly 3 inches extra so far this eve.

Judging by raintoday radar I reckon we could get at least another 2 hrs decent snow out of this. I need another 2 inches more to have the deepest snow here since 1991.

(Bizarrely, the snow event to beat is Good Friday April 98, when we woke up to a freak 8 inches of wet snow which only fell on the top of the hill, and melted within the day)