Thunder?
Local
Radar
Hot?
IGNORED

Snow Watch: Midlands & C Southern England

Posted
  • Location: Cambridge (term time) and Bonn, Germany 170m (holidays)
I thought you already had a 12cm covering ? :)

Coming down abit heavier here, only 1-2cm though :)

Yes I do but I mean on clear surfaces like roads, and where my car was parked this morning, I moved it to expose a dry patch :lol:

• Replies 666
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Posted

whilst i f**ked about with that since its useless contour map not available in certain areas, all i know is its a minimum 100meters off that. yet theres other smaller lines which i dont know if there increases or decreases in height. Anyway whilst i was doing that temp must have dropped because all of a sudden everywheres going white.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms
Tbh if it's snowing but not settling now, it will probably be settling at some point except in the far S of this region (where the milder air encroaches). There is colder air embedded over the N of the country and as the low passes through, winds should turn more N'ly and drag this colder air into the circulation.

You are getting nicer by the minute, at this rate i'm going to have to stop calling you Shay Given for good :) :lol:

Posted
You are getting nicer by the minute, at this rate i'm going to have to stop calling you Shay Given for good :lol: :)

Aww are we friends again? :)

Posted

and i think the wind is picking up a bit cos the snow seems to be blowing around in the air! that's just wickid! :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Snow much heavier here now! Settling OK at last.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!
What is the betting that it will stall and head south now? Wouldn't be surprised...

post-7600-1234217878_thumb.jpg

Yes Nick, for the snow lovers in our neck of the woods its frustrating, the heavier band is flirting away just to the south of us, getting within a few miles and stopping, however its showing signs of a renewed push from the south east......a very close run thing!

post-4149-1234218514_thumb.png

Edited by ajpoolshark

Posted
i am close to you in been a few miles east of solihull, was looking at the edge of the heavy and figure we have about 2 hours left heavy :)

omg! thats crap! :lol:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms
Yes Nick, for the snow lovers in our neck of the woods its frustrating, the heavier band is flirting away just to the south of us, getting within a few miles and stopping, however its showing signs of a renewed push from the south east......a very close run thing!

Were in the Heavier stuff down here and looking at the radar there is plenty of it to come! :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Southerly tracking low pressure in winter. Hot and thundery in the summer
woooohooooo have a drink with me :) bring it on!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! im staying up for this!

lol ok! so where in redditch ya from, cause im from redditch myself, moved `18mths ago ! i might even no ya!!! i thought i was the only weather freak in redditch lol

Posted
Aww are we friends again? :)

Of course :) It's still snowing heavy and the cars are starting to go white :lol: No sign whatsoever of it settling on the concrete though, i'm slap bang in the middle of yellow echos on the radar, looks like it could continue like this for a while yet. I may start ramping soon if this carries on.

Posted

post-6740-1234218576_thumb.png

is that big area where there looks to be next to no precip actually there? i could do with it staying as things are for 3 hours 2" would be easily achievable then i feel. That bit of precip north of oxford looks unbelievable if thats true then that is a blizzard lol

Edited by SnowTornado

Posted
Were in the Heavier stuff down here and looking at the radar there is plenty of it to come! :D

but havent we only got it for two more hours? i was hoping for it to go on longer than that! :cc_confused:

Posted
Snowing heavily here, big juicy flakes and settling as if it was a dry day with -10 uppers. Splendid :D

*gets cigar in mouth and starts smoking it* Ah splendid old chap splendid :cc_confused:

Posted

Loving this snow! Im about a 15 minute walk from bham city centre. Heres some pics of my current snow situation!

http://i714.photobucket.com/albums/ww149/P...z5/P1000470.jpg

http://i714.photobucket.com/albums/ww149/P...z5/P1000469.jpg

woooo!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and heatwave
post-6740-1234218576_thumb.png

is that big area where there looks to be next to no precip actually there? i could do with it staying as things are for 3 hours 2" would be easily achievable then i feel. That bit of precip north of oxford looks unbelievable if thats true then that is a blizzard lol

Moderate frozen rain here or hail no blizzard yet :cc_confused:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Snow, Floods...
How was your journey to Bournemouth?

In a word-long! A34 was nasty with the outside lane with piled up snow on it still! Should not have bothred after my team lost 1-0!!!

Posted
but havent we only got it for two more hours? i was hoping for it to go on longer than that! :cc_confused:

The precip has been over the Midlands since about 5pm though! It's just a shame that it didn't start as snow as the BBC were saying it would yesterday. I knew it wouldn't do. Only back edge snow at best when the low pressure moved away.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot

post-4149-1234218514_thumb.png

It has finally hit! Much bigger flakes now, hopefully it will last for a while.