Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Snow Watch: Midlands & C Southern England

Posted

That heavier stuff on the radar to our south just never seems to reach us! It's a conspiracy, I'm sure of it.

Can't complain though, wonderfully snowy over Northants once again and I agree with Phil, February 2009 is already an unforgettable winter month and we're only about one third of the way through it yet :yahoo:

Posted
  • Location: Cambridge (term time) and Bonn, Germany 170m (holidays)
You wont forget to tell Andy will you? :yahoo:

He is wisely staying offline XD

I will let him know when he's online, don't you worry, you can count on me :yahoo:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms
Its nothing special anyway atm luke, about a cm if that..

Still snowing albeit lightly.

Tom

Better than nothing tom! :yahoo:

The only thing its sticking to really is cars but even that is slushy rubbish.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot
met office have removed the warnings for midlands, wonder if they are about to be upgraded??

They have only removed the early warnings.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!
The heavier precipitation is now getting into Birmingham, edging slowly northwards, and I think it is starting to pivot now? Either way, I am almost certain to get that heavier stuff! :yahoo:

Yes, Nick, it is pivoting, a possible sign that its now getting near the end of its northward extent, the slide away to the South east may well be on its way...... not neccessarily a good sign for you and me and others NW of brum as the heavier band of PPN may not reach us....a game of wait and see, me thinks

Posted
met office have removed the warnings for midlands, wonder if they are about to be upgraded??

They better not be taking them down for good!

Still moderate snow here and gusty winds and a temp of 0.4C and stable although pressure says 966?? Seems too low to me!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

still snowing but not getting any heavier and temp not dropping, probably stay as light snow all night now

Posted

Why yes look at that, the first sign of a downgrade I'm afraid folks, after all, the Meto have had this spot on so far ; )

Nice to see they're still out for some areas though Jed :yahoo:

Posted

well looks look parts of dudley borough have drawn the short straw tonight. a wintry mixture here just making the ground soggier. shame really, but im happy for those who are receiving snow. may it keep coming. :yahoo:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot

Folks, the ONLY warning that has been removed is the EARLY warning. It will NOT be replaced simply because it is an event that is happening, NOT a forthcoming one! We may get some flash warnings but I doubt it.

Posted

well looks look parts of dudley borough have drawn the short straw tonight. a wintry mixture here just making the ground soggier. shame really, but im happy for those who are receiving snow. may it keep coming. :yahoo:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & Ice
That heavier stuff on the radar to our south just never seems to reach us! It's a conspiracy, I'm sure of it.

Can't complain though, wonderfully snowy over Northants once again and I agree with Phil, February 2009 is already an unforgettable winter month and we're only about one third of the way through it yet :yahoo:

Another band to our south that is making steady progess towards us, winds really howling through the trees now

Edited by jimben

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & Ice
Why yes look at that, the first sign of a downgrade I'm afraid folks, after all, the Meto have had this spot on so far ; )

Nice to see they're still out for some areas though Jed :yahoo:

Still have heavy snow warning for Northamptonshire :yahoo:

Posted

Noooo! theyve taken down my preciouse warning for yorkshire!! :yahoo:

The snow seems to be turning more and more to snow quite widely, so Id expect some flash warning anytime soon! :yahoo:

No way can no snow be expected for high ground in sheffield for example. Emley moor has been reporting heavy snow for the past couple of hours! :yahoo:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Finally starting to stick here now. Took way too long though.

Posted

West Midlands: Herefordshire

Warwickshire

Worcestershire

Heavy Snow 1838 Mon 9 0500 Tue 10

Rain is likely to turn to snow at times during this evening and overnight bringing the risk of 5 to 10cms across the Chilterns and Cotswolds. Elsewhere, slushy falls of 2 to 5cms are probable. Rain or snow will clear eastwards overnight with a slow thaw of lying snow expected.

Taken down all warnings for the rest of the west mids area. Hope we get pasted now and they can look like mugs. :yahoo:

Edited by tom_f123

Posted

Met Office warnings removed, prepared for blizzards now :yahoo:

Light snow continues here showing little sign of settling much...