Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Snow Watch: Midlands & C Southern England

Posted
  • Location: Sedgley / Dudley - West Midlands - 757ft (219m) asl

properly covered here now - prob 1cm but nowhere near winter storm conditions ...........

lets wait and see, bbc/met has been fairly good with timing so far but it reallys needs to intensify in the next few hours to provide major snowfalls.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Dissapointed by the fact its not sticking here currently, probably wont at all at this rate as its just too wet now. :D

Posted

Snow light and kinda sleety atm, BORINGGGGGGGGGGGG wheres the heavy stuff got to :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms
properly covered here now - prob 1cm but nowhere near winter storm conditions ...........

lets wait and see, bbc/met has been fairly good with timing so far but it reallys needs to intensify in the next few hours to provide major snowfalls.

Aww this is so unfair! :D:D

Nothing at all sticking here. :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & Ice
Sticking everywhere here. Again!

I'm not clearing the drive again this winter it can stay till it finally melts :D

Posted

no winds either - moden hill/sedgley usually get battered by winds when they are forecast.

I was meant to go gym but decided to be a snow watcher this evening - have I made the right choice. :D

Posted

Where bouts in sedgley are ya mate, im just down from sedgley high street, slight dusting here atm.

Posted

They have been pretty horendous for us northereners, beens snowing here for last 30minutes, that wasnt showing once on the beeb graphics

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & Ice
I was meant to go gym but decided to be a snow watcher this evening - have I made the right choice. :lol:

Pull up a chair would you like a pint and a ciggie

Posted
That heavy area of ppn to our south extends from Oxford almost to Cambridge, squall line developing ??

Looks to have a weakened a lot on more recent radar returns. Think it's throwing a bit of a wobbler but never mind, still some heavier stuff to our immediate south.

Posted
Pull up a chair would you like a pint and a ciggie

lol go on then!!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Southerly tracking low pressure in winter. Hot and thundery in the summer

heavy settling snow now hear seems as the ppn is growing, and as for them borderline upper to the south dont worry cause its not getting anyfurther north, the temps are set to drop , im hoping them yellows a bit further south get hear , everythins slowly coming north over the last hour or so . looking much better then earlier now :lol:

Posted

It's a fairly shocking attempt at preciptation here if i say so myself. Warwick appears to be a black spot for snow as it seems to be snowing south and north of us..

Posted

Temperature has just gone up from 4.4 to 9.1 C in the last hour here in Winchester. DP 8.6. Wind round to SW and barometer still falling at 977.8.

Posted
Where bouts in sedgley are ya mate, im just down from sedgley high street, slight dusting here atm.

upper gornal now by the good intent pub!, my parents live on the brownswall estate!

I can remember some big snowfalls in our area over the years!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Good dump of snow or a damn good thunderstorm

Bit of a bun fight breaking out on the model thread so thought I would come here for a bit of respite :lol:

Met office site have updated a snow warning for North Hampshire so Game on again for the n th time.

The number of folk saying the low is further north then its further south then its further north again. Think some are confusing the front that passed through before the actual depression.

Talking of which I have a headache :lol:

Posted

I doubt snow will settle here no more...cant believe we are missing out on the settling snow by about a mile or two so far... :lol:

Edited by Blizzards

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Southerly tracking low pressure in winter. Hot and thundery in the summer
I doubt snow will settle here no more...cant believe we are missing out on the settling snow by about a mile or two so far... :nonono:

it will settle it is hear an im low ground, just gonna take longer

Posted
upper gornal now by the good intent pub!, my parents live on the brownswall estate!

I can remember some big snowfalls in our area over the years!

Oh not too far from me then!

Im only 16 and moved from manchester to here when i was 9 or 10, so i can't remember the big falls of the 80's 90's, one of the best falls i've seen round here was prob feb 07 where we had about 8inches.

Tom

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, frost, fog and ice!

Still light/moderate wet snow sleet here. Not convinced we are going to get any heavy snow here. Nevermind. Glad to hear other places doing well.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & thunder storms.

1.1c in hinckley its wet snow at the moment but wind is increasing a little.