Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Snow Watch: Midlands & C Southern England

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot

I'm worried that it is now grinding to a halt, which is extremely frustrating considering the heavier stuff is literally a few miles away.

Posted
  • Location: Cambridge (term time) and Bonn, Germany 170m (holidays)
Noooo! theyve taken down my preciouse warning for yorkshire!! :yahoo:

The snow seems to be turning more and more to snow quite widely, so Id expect some flash warning anytime soon! :yahoo:

No way can no snow be expected for high ground in sheffield for example. Emley moor has been reporting heavy snow for the past couple of hours! :yahoo:

Come on Jed no need to admit that on this thread!

Seeing as though they've taken them down they will probably put flash warnings out for Yorks and Mids.

Posted

the band of prcipitation is starting to pivot now which is a bad sign for us near Brum as it mean the band will stat to pull away soon :yahoo:

Posted

Seeing as though they've taken them down they will probably put flash warnings out for Yorks and Mids.

I certainly hope so. For yorkshire that is!.. :lol:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and heatwave

Frozen rain now so we have had it all

Thats hail me thinks

Posted

snowing heavy here, it is settling a little on places where there was still snow aswell as cars, but thats about it, winds getting up here to, i would like to see some really heavy stuff move in around midnight though to coincide with the stronger winds. shame its not lying on the ground everywhere, some pavements have a bit but its slushy stuff and certainly wudnt drift.

Posted
the band of prcipitation is starting to pivot now which is a bad sign for us near Brum as it mean the band will stat to pull away soon :lol:

lol yetis still on a rivalry with andy about who will get the whiteout, and is doing whatever it takes him to convince us the north have been pasted with this event. sure, i bet hes taken a picture of the midlands and stuck it to his dartboard right now, with birmingham as the bullseye. :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot

Yorkshire?! You are having a giraffe surely? The PPN has now stalled over Birmingham and will start to pull southeastwards, I have accepted that I am not going to get much out of it, I would be amazed if Yorkshire got a warning.

Besides, don't you have your own thread :lol:

Posted
Yorkshire?! You are having a giraffe surely? The PPN has now stalled over Birmingham and will start to pull southeastwards, I have accepted that I am not going to get much out of it, I would be amazed if Yorkshire got a warning.

Besides, don't you have your own thread :lol:

Look, can we just get this clear that it's snowing all over this region! Quite heavily in places as well.

As for the Midlands, it looks like mainly rain to me.

Posted
  • Location: Sedgley / Dudley - West Midlands - 757ft (219m) asl
  • Location: Sedgley / Dudley - West Midlands - 757ft (219m) asl
I can remember dec 90 as over a foot, and feb 91 being about a foot here, and mar 95 being 6 inches. Feb 94 perhaps 4 inches, possibly as much as 6? But i don't remember feb 96 or nov 96 at all. I have vague memories of being gutted on more than one occasion in the mid-90s after hearing reports of deep snow just to our west or north so maybe that's what it was? i don't know.......

feb 96 was a big snow event so you should have got that - it hit the midlands and the northwest - i think it was eskdalemuir that got massive snowfalls -we got around 6-7 inches but it snowed for 24 hours and was very cold, -6 in snow is quite rare... staffs had it really bad!

nov 96 happened in the daytime, was around 18th of the month i think.......that may have been more localised.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Southerly tracking low pressure in winter. Hot and thundery in the summer

to me the front still is moving north east, slightly , which is good news, that heavier ppn is gettin very close, and remember wen it does pivot, it will not pull away straight away, imo it looks better now

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Well if it has stalled then its stalled with the Heavy Snow over us. :lol:

Posted
ive still got heavy snow with alot of stick id say 2cm rufley

Yeah loads here snow still going strong. SW Birmingham doing as well as anywhere out of this snow event :lol:

Posted

Oh forgot to mention that it is snowing light-moderate now too. Cars, roads, paths, grass are getting a nice covering now. I really think we are in for more snow...

Edited by PurpleFizz

Posted
  • Location: Leicester City Centre (Home) Ashby-De-La-Zouch (Work)
  • Location: Leicester City Centre (Home) Ashby-De-La-Zouch (Work)

It's 1.7c and we have snow finally! :lol:

Posted

its not stalled if you tyoe in le10 it and then look at the 700hpa wind vectors its following that, as you can see clearly in the last 15mins or so. hopefully will bring the heavy stuff just north of oxford this way :lol: :D:D wheres andy gone, does he have snow now i take it?

Posted

Well look who's online, 'ello Andy :lol:

Did I tell you it was snowing quite hard here?

Posted
Another band to our south that is making steady progess towards us, winds really howling through the trees now

Yep, think that band might actually reach us going by the track over the past half hour. Could be waiting another 45 mins though. Meanwhile the current snow has eased a little but those winds are really picking up.