Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Snow Watch: Midlands & C Southern England

Posted
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)

Glad you got your snow Midlanders! Thats half a dozen lots in a week now is it! Just told Dad to expect heavy snow in Coventry (saw it on the city's webcams), he will be last as he's lower down in the east of the city!

Edited by Tonyh

Posted

Still snowing heavily although slightly smaller flakes but still settling and even the street is turning slightly white-Good times lol

Posted

Well it's been snowing heavily here now for about two hours after light rain all day before that. The roads are disappearing again - how long will it continue? All the latest charts and forecasts I looked at suggested the snowfall would be further north this evening so I'm really not sure what to expect.

Driving back just now was odd - huge puddles from the earlier snow melt, new settling snow and old snow piled up in the middle of the road and the verges. Temperature hovering around zero. If it does freeze tonight the roads will be like skating rinks.

Posted
Nothing settling here either, need to get much heavier to get anything like a covering.

well i just did my binomial and factorials homework just, and i cant believe my eyes!!!! here its significantly accumulating, cm by cm and there are a few cars stuck on our roads unable to move. might have to get the shovel out and be prepared to wake up at 5.30am. :nonono: NOT. this is a NO event with the roads damp and wet, no sign of any accumulations.

Posted
  • Location: Cambridge (term time) and Bonn, Germany 170m (holidays)

ITS SNOWING IN NORTH YORKSHIRE despite all the odds! Pretty heavy now as well!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Still not a single thing sticking here. Im very dissapointed now! :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot
well i just did my binomial and factorials homework just, and i cant believe my eyes!!!! here its significantly accumulating, cm by cm and there are a few cars stuck on our roads unable to move. might have to get the shovel out and be prepared to wake up at 5.30am. :D NOT. this is a NO event with the roads damp and wet, no sign of any accumulations.

Wow I have homeworks to do on binomials and factorials...scary! And I thought you were serious with that to start with! :lol: :D

Posted
  • Location: Leicester City Centre (Home) Ashby-De-La-Zouch (Work)
  • Location: Leicester City Centre (Home) Ashby-De-La-Zouch (Work)

Still sitting at 2.3c here and raining... I think I must have a micro-climate around my house.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and heatwave
Right then, showtime!

definatly got sleet in the rain here and the odd wet snowflake

:D

the snow has made more come backs then Frank Sinatra

Its sleet then rain then snow

Dont often see this , usually rain turns to snow or vice versa and they stays

Sleet at present 1.2c

Edited by stewfox

Posted
  • Location: Sedgley / Dudley - West Midlands - 757ft (219m) asl
  • Location: Sedgley / Dudley - West Midlands - 757ft (219m) asl
Oh not too far from me then!

Im only 16 and moved from manchester to here when i was 9 or 10, so i can't remember the big falls of the 80's 90's, one of the best falls i've seen round here was prob feb 07 where we had about 8inches.

Tom

im 27 and the best snowfalls I can remember were dec 90 (started off as rain like tonight and wasnt forecast to be that severe - but around 12 inches!!), feb 91, feb 94, mar 95, feb 96, nov 96 (freak that was!) ermmm then nothing really that major since unfortunately.........yer I remember feb 07 that was quite good. Can vaguely remember late 80s and I did hear 87/88 was pretty severe and my school was closed all week lol...ahhh those were the days lol.

I have found it poor tbh around here this year so far.....lets see what happens tonight :D

Edited by mozza81

Posted

2.5cm/1 inch of extra snow so far.

Lying snow was 7.5cm/3 inch deep earlier this eve before new snow started.

So I guess we're back up to 10cm/4 inch on the grass :D

Hoping we might surpass the 15cm/6 inch of Fri a.m. and start creeping towards 1990/91 depths by tomorrow morning......................................... :lol:

Posted
All we got here is rain rain rain:( no snow.

where are you in Oxfordshire , we had heavy snow earlier back to heavy sleet now

Posted
snowing in leeds now! woop woop!

I thought it was a non-event here Jed?

Teehee :D

Posted
Same, this is ANOTHER overhyped event! So unfair when everyone else is seeing accumulations.

No it's not, this is going just as planned.

A wintry mix for many places, accumilations remaining limited away from the highest ground. MetO and Beeb have got this spot on so far! :D

Posted

AHHHHH i give up, no snow for here, just heavy cold and horrible HEAVY rain, wind really has picked up, temp now 1.4C. It's disspointing when you are told that your area will get very decent snowfall, but yet you don't get any... :D

Posted
Same, this is ANOTHER overhyped event! So unfair when everyone else is seeing accumulations.

Is anyone seeing accumulations below 500ft ?

It might get better before 3am but ........

wind def picking up

Posted
Still sitting at 2.3c here and raining... I think I must have a micro-climate around my house.

WOW? really? it's really heavy snow here now and starting to stick a bit? and you are what.....9 miles from here?