Thunder?
Local
Radar
Hot?
IGNORED

Snow Watch: Midlands & C Southern England

Posted

Well its hard to believe but the snow has gotten even heavier here the last 10 mins or so with large flakes. Still quite windy and with a stable temp of 0.4C. Well over half an inch.

Edited by Albion Snowman

Posted
  • Location: Cambridge (term time) and Bonn, Germany 170m (holidays)
I'd go for more than that mate if this intensity carried on till 1am. From 20 minutes of heavy snow it's turned my soaked road white. 2hours more of this heavy snow would give about 7cm i'd say!

And he goes from rant to ramp in minutes :D

Posted

i have a weather thing its been placed outside we will see what temp that says in 30mins nabraxas

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, frost, fog and ice!
Yup, got some big flakes coming down here now. Not settling that great yet though.

The met office radar looks quite good for us at the moment IMO.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms
And he goes from rant to ramp in minutes :nonono:

:lol: Too right! When your road goes from soaked to white in 30 mins of heavy snow you know a ramp is warranted!

Posted
:nonono: Too right! When your road goes from soaked to white in 30 mins of heavy snow you know a ramp is warranted!

SATSIGS would class that as a fair few Brixtons building up!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, frost, fog and ice!
:nonono: Too right! When your road goes from soaked to white in 30 mins of heavy snow you know a ramp is warranted!

I am glad you have been partly proven wrong Andy! I bet you are as well LOL

Posted

Many stations in South Midlands (MK, Fairford, Oxford, cherwell) all reporting a reversion to rain (at 0 degrees & 0 DP).

What's going on?

Posted
  • Location: Leicester City Centre (Home) Ashby-De-La-Zouch (Work)
  • Location: Leicester City Centre (Home) Ashby-De-La-Zouch (Work)
i have a weather thing its been placed outside we will see what temp that says in 30mins nabraxas

Time shall tell - It's dropped to 1.2c now. I'm beginning to think it may be a little too close to the house. It used to be at the bottom of the garden but I replaced the batteries and was too lazy to take it all the way back down again :nonono:

Posted

Why is it that everyone around me seems to be getting snow, if not heavy snow that it is still only raining here in Grantham???? :nonono:

Posted

post-6740-1234220146_thumb.png

areas inside the red tramlines and west of the greenline should see 5cms as a rough guess id say

Posted

Hmmm, is it actually going to snow in buckinghamshire.....its all rain and the temp really is not dropping, 1.2C here......and how comes some of you in Leicester have temps of 1.1C and yet it is snow and im .1C above and its tipping it down with RAIN??? :nonono:

Edited by JamieUK

Posted
Why is it that everyone around me seems to be getting snow, if not heavy snow that it is still only raining here in Grantham???? :nonono:

Not enough elevation? Still snowing heavily and a strong wind making the snow scream past the street lights

Posted

Had about 1/2" so far and worryingly it's sticking to the telegraph wires, which are swinging about in the wind alot.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Things are turning white quite quickly here now as Snow remains Heavy and that radar shows Heavy Snow remaining over us for possibly quite a while yet. :D

Edited by Blizzards

Posted

I've been pleasantly surprised by this weather recently, definitely makes a nice change to our normal winters!!

Just looked out the window to see more settled snow which surprised me after the amount of rain today! Looks to be ~1" outside now.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms
I am glad you have been partly proven wrong Andy! I bet you are as well LOL

Defanitly mate, I'm delighted :D Proper hammering it down out there, in fact it is almost blizzard like, it's snowing heavy and the wind is driving it aswell.

Posted
post-6740-1234220146_thumb.png

areas inside the red tramlines and west of the greenline should see 5cms as a rough guess id say

That is also showing some substantial rain/snow in Stoke. I can assure you unless I live in a tiny rain shadow, it's inaccurate.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms
That is also showing some substantial rain/snow in Stoke. I can assure you unless I live in a tiny rain shadow, it's inaccurate.

Nope, its correct for us, Heavy snow showing on the Radar with Heavy Snow actually falling now!

Posted

You wouldn't have thought there had been a thaw and standing water in the slush on the roads this afternoon. We've had more than 5cm here easily this evening. Temps aren't even marginal - dropping here - now -0.3C. And to think I made it into work this morning (took me 80 minutes instead of 30 minutes even having said that). Unbelivable week of snow in this part of Northamptonshire (and many parts for that matter).