Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Snow Watch: Midlands & C Southern England

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Southerly tracking low pressure in winter. Hot and thundery in the summer
Somebody has just spotted a polar low is forming in the atlantic . Does anybody know anything about it sounds pretty big story if it has.

may i ask when for?????

Posted
a what lOl

There apparantly disscussing it in the north west thread , i'll have to pop over there and have a look. Isn't there any brain boxes on here that are good with polar lows. ?

Posted
Somebody has just spotted a polar low is forming in the atlantic . Does anybody know anything about it sounds pretty big story if it has.

hardly likely.... formed in the atlantic????

andy and whoevers round here once this moves south should we be looking at the precip near stoke as to know what to expect u think?

Edited by SnowTornado

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow then clear and frosty.

Well last report from me tonight.

Still coming down thick and fast at least 5cm fresh cover but looking at radar signs of the pcpn easing west of brum at mo so maybe the peak of it is passing here soon.

Still it`s been a smashing week or more of snow events for us Midlanders.

Hopefully a few more to come for us all.

Goodnight all.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, frost, fog and ice!

Another cracking night! Not great for Tamworth but good for the midlands in general! Anyway off to bed now! Night all!

Posted
hardly likely.... formed in the atlantic????

andy and whoevers round here once this moves south should we be looking at the precip near stoke as to know what to expect u think?

If you're going to get what Stoke has, I'd go to bed, unless you like a few spots of rain, with the odd flake if you look really, really hard :wallbash:

Posted

oh no! the flakes here r getting smaller and the dreaded sound of drip, drip, dripping outside! crap! i think its stopping here :wallbash:

im sad! im going to bed :lol:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms

I very much doubt that Polaw Low will affect any of the Midlands, it's to the North West of Scotland at the moment. Snowtornado... I think that precip will come down this way yes, I hope when the precip gets lighter it won't turn to rain, i doubt it will now after the temperature drop and the colder air digging in.

Posted

Blimey what an evening!! Phenomenal! :D

Has been constant intense snowfall for almost 3 hours and still continuing at the same rate as I type here in Solihull. (North Solihull that is!)

Must be a good 4-5cm lying on the ground. Quite surprised given the size of the puddles earlier on this evening, did wonder if any snowfall would settle but not a puddle to be seen anywhere.

Temperature :0ºc

DP : 0ºC

Humidity : 100%

Wind speed and direction : 13.8Mph from the north.

Pressure : 983Mb/hPa (Falling slowly)

Current conditions : Overcast with heavy snow.

For the sheer PPN intensity, this easily beats any of what we had last week, apart from the actual snow depth.

Phil.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow - or HOT

thats me off to bed as it looks like work in the morning sadly ! stopping now and only about 2/3 cms on my street (will still probably be up peeping out the window every couple of hours just in case) :-)

Posted
Blimey what an evening!! Phenomenal! :D

Has been constant intense snowfall for almost 3 hours and still continuing at the same rate as I type here in Solihull. (North Solihull that is!)

Must be a good 4-5cm lying on the ground. Quite surprised given the size of the puddles earlier on this evening, did wonder if any snowfall would settle but not a puddle to be seen anywhere.

Temperature :0ºc

DP : 0ºC

Humidity : 100%

Wind speed and direction : 13.8Mph from the north.

Pressure : 983Mb/hPa (Falling slowly)

Current conditions : Overcast with heavy snow.

For the sheer PPN intensity, this easily beats any of what we had last week, apart from the actual snow depth.

Phil.

I'm in total agreeance with you, I was really doubting it earlier but have been pleasantly surprised. I'm only 19 and can't really remember a true winter week like the one we've had so far before. It's definitely been a nice memorable one for me and comforting to know that things like this can still happen!

Hope i'll be able to get to work okay still in the morning, made it in all last week so here's hoping I still can haha.

Posted

After relying on ppn coming up from the SW earlier, now Northants finds itself in the odd position of looking north and west for the next batch.

Still snowing though, albeit lightly. Want that heavier precip further north to head back down to us.

Edited by NorthantsSnow

Posted

Still chucking it down with snow here at the moment, gotta be 5cm on the road and pavements that were soaked 2 and a half hours ago. The yellow echo on the radar has pretty much stalled over Leicester, we are getting very lucky at the moment lol.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and heatwave

A total non event here with rain and sleet for several hours

so much potential around 8pm when had the snow

bed calls

Posted
After relying on ppn coming up from the SW earlier, now Northants finds itself in the odd position of looking north and west for the next batch.

Still snowing though, albeit lightly. Want that heavier precip further north to head back down to us.

Hi NorthantsSnow

Do you reckon it will or are we about done for tonight ?

Posted

Well thats me off to bed guys, nothing more than a dusting here really around 3-4cm i'd say, still very lightly snowing but that looks to be the last of it.

I know i should be grateful but i cant help but say im yet again dissapointed, with the talk of big falls the past few days under 5cm really doesn't cut the mustard.

However earlier i was saying we might not even get a covering at all, so its still nice to see that some has stuck.

Gl to you all and enjoy any snow you get :D

Night

Tom

Posted

Currently 12cm here according to our official weather station RAF Wittering.

http://www.weatheronline.co.uk/ukukstdf.htm

Plenty more to come judging by the radar.

What lucky members we have been in the E Midlands. That is now 5 snowfalls in 8 days!

Posted
Currently 12cm here according to our official weather station RAF Wittering.

http://www.weatheronline.co.uk/ukukstdf.htm

Plenty more to come judging by the radar.

What lucky members we have been in the E Midlands. That is now 5 snowfalls in 8 days!

Dave Net Weather love your snow picture on the front page don't they :D