Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Snow Watch: Midlands & Central Southern England

Posted

Another agonising near miss for the last couple of hours here.......

On the other hand, with latest temp -0.2C ice day remains intact, as does 5 inches of snow in the garden :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Work... Cold but clear. Fun.. 12" of snow!
haha :)

I told you that the 6:30 radar wouldn't make good showing. I have the Net Weather radar and it's updated every 5 minutes so I saw what happened to that heavy stuff, it disintigrated into thin air.

O.K, O.K. gonna buy it tonight......... :)

So what`s your forcast for the rest of this evening and into Friday ?

And when do you need the sausages ? :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms
O.K, O.K. gonna buy it tonight......... :)

And when do you need the sausages ? :)

Actually I went Asda this evening and bought some nice food so scrap the sausages I don't need em :)

My forecast for the rest of this evening and into Friday? Maybe light snow for a bit longer this evening, clearing away then the snow melting overnight as it gets milder. Temps tomorrow around 4-5c :) So in other words, bye bye snow, it's been emotional but you had to go eventually.

Posted
Actually I went Asda this evening and bought some nice food so scrap the sausages I don't need em :D

My forecast for the rest of this evening and into Friday? Maybe light snow for a bit longer this evening, clearing away then the snow melting overnight as it gets milder. Temps tomorrow around 4-5c :( So in other words, bye bye snow, it's been emotional but you had to go eventually.

Another nail in the coffin for the GFS then eh, Andy? Got it wrong AGAIN because it shows precip lasting well into the night for your location. Very poor. Better off looking out the window mate than supporting that joke of a model :angry:

Edited by NorthantsSnow

Posted
O.K, O.K. gonna buy it tonight......... :angry:

And when do you need the sausages ? :D

Don't know what Andy's take on it is , but my take is the band of precipitation will continue to slip sse giving snow to most places east of london. High pressure will then build in slowly , 850's rising to around 0c and staying there for the next few days, fog at night ground frost in the mornings , fairly cloudy but dry over the weekend but with sunny spells and then breaking down from the north sometime next week back into increasingly colder weather with snow a threat to the north and the east,

But anything can change in weather world but that is my view at the moment.

Posted
Another nail in the coffin for the GFS then eh, Andy? Got it wrong AGAIN because it shows precip lasting well into the night for your location. Very poor. Better off looking out the window mate than supporting that joke of a model :angry:

If gfs isn't replaced soon then the whole of europe is going to look like amatures. And the worst thing it is a us model. I want to see the day when we have ecm / ukmo going out to +384 with all the different charts and data. The uk puts way to much weight on data from the usa instead of working on our own data system. I cant stand usa tv so why should i have to put up with usa weather data...

Posted
met office still have a heavy snow warning out for oxfordshire is this likely to happen still then?

It's just an advisory. At this stage it looks like the heavier stuff is going to miss Oxfordshire I'm afraid, could be wrong though.

Posted

In fairness to the GFS the UKMO was showing the same thing... I think this band has been too hard to forecast for any model because it's a complex situation. High pressure moving in from the West is making the Precip fizzle out on it's Western side but in the East it's still going strong.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and heatwave
met office still have a heavy snow warning out for oxfordshire is this likely to happen still then?

Had some light snow but gone now

when did the met give out a warning ?

Seems to be going SSE ?

Posted
In fairness to the GFS the UKMO was showing the same thing... I think this band has been too hard to forecast for any model because it's a complex situation. High pressure moving in from the West is making the Precip fizzle out on it's Western side but in the East it's still going strong.

You say that but it was the weston side that was pepping up earlier. This has been very complex.

So much for the sky being bright orange meaning snow lol. My sky is so orange when I look in the reflection in my window i look like a redhead. haha

Edited by snowmadchrisuk

Posted
Don't know what Andy's take on it is , but my take is the band of precipitation will continue to slip sse giving snow to most places east of london. High pressure will then build in slowly , 850's rising to around 0c and staying there for the next few days, fog at night ground frost in the mornings , fairly cloudy but dry over the weekend but with sunny spells and then breaking down from the north sometime next week back into increasingly colder weather with snow a threat to the north and the east,

But anything can change in weather world but that is my view at the moment.

Sounds spot on to me, for a Leicestershire point of view it looks like this... This snow clearing away now, getting milder overnight, milder tomorrow, probably a frost tomorrow night, then mild again Saturday. Then Sunday maybe 8c, and for next week... Well I don't reckon it will get colder, I think at least the first part of next week will be mild still.

Posted
  • Location: Cambridge (term time) and Bonn, Germany 170m (holidays)

So how was the snow in the Midlands? About an inch here before it turned to rain :D

In the E it was better though, quite a few inches over the North York Moors and towards the East Riding.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Work... Cold but clear. Fun.. 12" of snow!
Actually I went Asda this evening and bought some nice food so scrap the sausages I don't need em :p

My forecast for the rest of this evening and into Friday? Maybe light snow for a bit longer this evening, clearing away then the snow melting overnight as it gets milder. Temps tomorrow around 4-5c :( So in other words, bye bye snow, it's been emotional but you had to go eventually.

Asda ? One has no idea of fine food then ? :D:80:

Rutland Farm Shop, Rutland Village, Ashwell Road, Oakham..........( Blatant plug, so will disappear quickly ! :D )

As for the snow, shame to see it go, but time to make some serious money. ( Got my eye on a Range Rover sport ! ) B)

Off now to ask the model disc. lot when the next snows coming............... :D

Posted
Sounds spot on to me, for a Leicestershire point of view it looks like this... This snow clearing away now, getting milder overnight, milder tomorrow, probably a frost tomorrow night, then mild again Saturday. Then Sunday maybe 8c, and for next week... Well I don't reckon it will get colder, I think at least the first part of next week will be mild still.

I don't think it'll be that mild tomorrow to be honest. Still well below average, especially in the east. Can't see temps getting any higher than 3C for my location for example.

Posted
So how was the snow in the Midlands? About an inch here before it turned to rain :D

In the E it was better though, quite a few inches over the North York Moors and towards the East Riding.

Sorry just been in the Yorkshire thread and it has been most unfair! Brian has 6 inches :D

Posted
So how was the snow in the Midlands? About an inch here before it turned to rain :80:

Quite eventful. Covering of snow on the ground now, it started snowing at 4pm and lasted about an hour and a half and on the radar it looked like there was some seriously heavy snow about to hit Leicester and then it just died out before it got here B) :D So it's stopped snowing now and it looks like thats our lot. Seriously man, go onto the radar and type in LE3 and play it back to about 5:15pm and play it to the latest image, you'll see how I had my snow dreams dashed :D

Posted
Had some light snow but gone now

when did the met give out a warning ?

Seems to be going SSE ?

isk of disruption

Warning

Valid

London & South East England:

Bracknell Forest

Buckinghamshire

E Sussex

Gtr London

Kent

Medway

Oxfordshire

Reading

Slough

Surrey

W Berkshire

W Sussex

Windsor + Maidenhead

Wokingham

Heavy Snow Thu 12 Feb

There is a moderate risk of severe weather today.

Snow will spread southwards from Scotland into parts of northern, central and eastern England today, probably reaching the southeast, including London and the Home Counties this evening. Some 2 to 5 cm of snow is possible across many parts with perhaps as much as 8 cm on higher ground of the north.

Issued at: 1812 Thu 12 Feb

Posted
Asda ? One has no idea of fine food then ? :D:80:

Rutland Farm Shop, Rutland Village, Ashwell Road, Oakham..........( Blatant plug, so will disappear quickly ! :D )

As for the snow, shame to see it go, but time to make some serious money. ( Got my eye on a Range Rover sport ! ) B)

Off now to ask the model disc. lot when the next snows coming............... :D

You posh git :p Some of us are suffering from the credit crunch . I agree with andy apart from the fact that i think Feb will end on a cold note with snow chances in march and april. But I might be on my own on this but I am also going for a very hot summer, with a continuation of a colder than 06/07 winter next year 09/10

Posted

Absolutely rubbish here, started as snow then turned to ice pellets for the last hour or so currently an icey patchy dusting here, places like rugby, market harborough and leicester ( a few miles south east and north east of here) had a couple of cm's. Still cant complain had a good few snow events here recently so dont feel to bad about missing out here this time.

Posted

It does look like it may have turned a bit sleety here - odd with temps below freezing but that's the way it goes sometimes. I'd estimate about 3cm fell tonight across Northants, sixth snowfall event since last Monday.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and heatwave
It does look like it may have turned a bit sleety here - odd with temps below freezing but that's the way it goes sometimes. I'd estimate about 3cm fell tonight across Northants, sixth snowfall event since last Monday.

Net weather is showing everything back to rain

However that thing isnt usually that accuate

Posted
Quite eventful. Covering of snow on the ground now, it started snowing at 4pm and lasted about an hour and a half and on the radar it looked like there was some seriously heavy snow about to hit Leicester and then it just died out before it got here :whistling: :lol: So it's stopped snowing now and it looks like thats our lot. Seriously man, go onto the radar and type in LE3 and play it back to about 5:15pm and play it to the latest image, you'll see how I had my snow dreams dashed :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

That is a cold lover's horror story, radar images like that should be sensored to stop mental breakdowns!

Fairly disappointed with tonight's "event" I must say, although I had an inch some lucky b**tards to my E got 6 :lol: :lol: :lol:

(sorry Brian! :D )

I have the Dire Straights on, it's all over now for cold and snow for the time being, and don't criticise my taste in music either :D :lol: