Thunder?
Local
Radar
Hot?
IGNORED

Snow Watch: London, Se England & East Anglia

Louby

Posted

Well we have large wet flakes but I think this is not our year for good snow, unusal with such good east blast traditionally we got good set ups. Take a look at this 1947 shot!

post-2415-1234468936_thumb.jpg

Posted

Bit of a suprise i must admit! Forcast on the radio this morning on the way to work called for rain this evening and overnight, then as i made my last delivery at 4pm it started to snow! Turned on radio again to hear of a severe weather warning! :)

We now have a covering on most surfaces and the flakes are huge! :)

Matt.

Posted

nice covering on grass now, not setteling on roads/path yet, been snowing steadily for an hour or so, seems to be 'wet' snow at the moment tho [not sleet]

Posted

Road, driveway and car all covered now and still coming down!! :)

Just wonder how much longer it will last?! If I had my way...... all night but unlikely I would think!?!

Posted
Just as i said earlier mike,

The ppn looks like missing us or dieing out. That justifies my point earlier when the meto and beeb was saying 2cm-6cm for london and the south east. I think unless we see much heavier ppn, They are going to end up yet again with egg on there faces and in my bad books again. comeon beeb and meto reedem yourselfs and get it right for once.

Edit just as i was saying reedem yourselfs amuch larger flakes now falling. lets see where this one goes :)

I'm very surprised you are not getting much snow as it is chucking it down here right now and Slough in Berkshire is getting snow too and they are to to West of London!!!!!!!!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, blizzards, thunder snow, thunder and lightning, heat waves, tornadoes

Still snowing here in Braintree, and snow has setlled nicely on everything. Best thing of all though....Orange sky !!

Posted
I am near the Maidstone Studio and it is really coming down and my garden is really covered. Can't believe it is sleet, can't be that far away?

Linton, must be about 4/5 miles to your south at the foot of the hill?

Turned back to snow now :) But still only the merest of dustings on pavements and unused cars.

The BBC are just saying 1-3cm now, they've scrapped their 6cm. :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and thunderstorms!! (With the odd gale thrown in)

the ppn over the Luton area has started to intensify, could be good for those to the West of London in a little while.

Meanwhile, it is snowing more at the moment, very small pellets, but beginning to settle on some surfaces.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: hot summers, cold winters, snow, some severe weather to liven things up...

Lots of snow in Braintree & Witham :)

Got to drive back to Braintree briefly for work :)

Posted
Yes Whiteout here now in Wimbledon Surrey. Settling on cars and grass and starting to settle on roads now. :):):):):D

At last :) The snow will last for at least 2 more hours in our neck of the woods, so enjoy the heavy snow while it lasts.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

2 or 3 cm of lovely lying snow. Still snowing steadily and another large area to the north to come which is currently into N. Norfolk... hey this is a treat! :)

With the doom and gloom on the Models thread, I'd thought weeks of wet and mild. I just hope it lasts long enough tomorrow for more pics and doggy walks — they love it.

Posted

evening all. snowed on the way into work here tonight, was heavy snow in SE London but sleet here in C London (Trafalgar square) not got windows in my office here in work so cant see whether it's still snowing. will go check outside in a while :)

Mick

Posted

General area of snow/sleet/rain is now weakening and will continue to do so as it moves away.

Posted

Teensy flakes but dense consistent snow for 3 hours now. The road is covered with a dusting so temps must have fallen since my last drive out at 17.30 hrs.

Bigger flakes now...gusting winds.