IGNORED

Snow Watch: London, Se England & East Anglia

Louby

Posted

Snowing here right now.......sort of surprised

Edited by yamkin

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: cold and snowy. Summer: hot and sunny

well its been raining now for a couple of hours. hopefully will stop soon. i was in central london earlier and virtually nothing settled there. however, coming back home to the suburbs there was a good couple of cm's, with grass, roofs, cars and some of the pavement and road covered. the rain is making it very slushy now.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter Snow, extreme weather, mainly sunny mild summers though.

It's raining. Boo! :(

[/quote

The most anoying thing in the world, the moderate rain has plagued this area for 2 hours now melting my snow, its cleared everywhere else towards E Anglia! The snowfall always go's through here like a flash, but the rain seems to want to hang around for ever! :doh:

Edited by snowray

Posted

Just popped out for a Ciggie and what little Drizzle we had has stopped to leave an Alpine Looking Ski Resort - Beautiful

4cm on the Road and Pathway

5cm on the Cars

7cm on the Grass

Not a bad little "Surprise" Snowfall - The ones that creep up on ya are the best.

Now i wonder if the Kids will be in School on the last day of term :doh:

3rd busiest day of the year for us, So whatever happens I have to be in Central London

Night All

Paul S

Posted

yeah reckon the kids will be in, can't see it causing the same problems as last monday :( nothing here in C London now Paul so trains should be ok in the morning. (barring frozen signals/points) :doh:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

No melt here... temp's still -0.4° C. Don't want to go out an tempt fate by measuring how much or even talking about it in case it disappears :(

Thing about snow is, it covers all the muddy dank fields which really depress me at this time of year — especially as we have to give a couple of dogs a 2 mile plus walk every day come rain or shine — snow is such a nice change from sticky Suffolk mud :( so the last few weeks have been like freedom — last winter was a total nightmare.

I just went to let out one of the cats and she turned her nose up and then wanted to go to the other door to see if the snow was outside that one too — animals are a laugh sometimes. :doh:

At Watford we had wet snow for about 2 to 3 hours - it settled to a depth of about 1cm but likely to be shortlived. A little may last to morning if the temperature falls to freezing or below but not liukely to last long beyhond mid morning.

Posted

Snow here until about 11.00, probably about 2-3 cm, then heavy rain which has washed most of it away. Still, a nice surprise!

MM

Posted
Snow here until about 11.00, probably about 2-3 cm, then heavy rain which has washed most of it away. Still, a nice surprise!

MM

Its pouring rain now....no more snow....hope this lot doesnt freeze :doh:

Posted

All gone here and temps are on the rise Back up to 3c.

Think that's our lot for now. We've now got a brief milder period before something amazing develops for the final week of Feb*

*terms and conditions apply. This is not based on fact and is likely to change

Hopefully the charts will change and we'll be back next week to discuss future snow events unfolding.

Posted

my cm or 2 was all gone this morning, no chance for kids to make snowman again :(:( :lol: :doh::(

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy Cold Winters & Warm Dry Summers

All gone form here now, roll on the next cold spell.

Can't complain though, it was the best for 20 years for us.

Oh, still have a small slither of snow in the garden from the 2nd Feb fall, well compacted ice now but it's still the original.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Deep untouched powdery snow and red hot beaches sipping cocktails

Melted from roads and pavements - so kids are in school - yippee!!!! still have a good layer on the grass but think its just a matter of time until its gone, it was good whilst it lasted.

Posted

Expected? - Hardly

Disappointed? - Obviously

Hyped? - Marginally

Defeated? - Rarely

Winter 2009, the story continues.........

post-6667-1234512644_thumb.jpg

Posted

About an inch overnight, beautiful drive to work, although turning to mush on the roads now. I see the mild spell has already been downgraded <_<

Posted
Expected? - Hardly

Disappointed? - Obviously

Hyped? - Marginally

Defeated? - Rarely

Winter 2009, the story continues.........

post-6667-1234512644_thumb.jpg

Did we get any snow last night, so tired had to go to bed early and no evidence of anything this morning in Stone Cross

Posted
Did we get any snow last night, so tired had to go to bed early and no evidence of anything this morning in Stone Cross

Nope, we did get some stunning drizzle in Friday Street though........

Posted
Nope, we did get some stunning drizzle in Friday Street though........

Don't think I've ever heard drizzle described as stunning before...lol

Well we seem to have done quite badly out of the last 2 weeks.

As a child I lived in Coulsdon and remember really bad snow in the 80's and of course in my memories thought everywhere around was the same. Coulsdon this time had really thick snow so perhaps Eastbourne and this coastal area always has done quite badly for snow even in the mystical 80's....

Posted
As a child I lived in Coulsdon

I'm sorry to hear that..... :ph34r:

perhaps Eastbourne and this coastal area always has done quite badly for snow even in the mystical 80's....

Of course we are one of the warmer areas of the UK but we have had our moments during the time I've been around and certainly in the 80's. I knew we weren't going to get anything last night when the air temperature didn't drop below 3 DgC and the dew points were marginal. To be fair, the NW snow risk charts did show our area under sleet/rain so a good call for that data, I am though still happy for those that got a covering and especially for Paul Sherman as he never, ever, ever gets snow (git!) <_<