Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Snow Watch: London, Se England & East Anglia

Louby

Posted

This is relentless - over 4 hours of falling snow - settled everywhere - not the same as last Mondays 'event' by any means, but considering this was unexpected, very nice to see.

The question is.....how much more to come and will it melt by the morning ?

Posted
I just drove to whitstable then through herne bay and back towards canterbury , i live between canterbury and herne bay at 50m... Its not snowing very heavy , its light to moderate snow but most is light. Heavy snow is when you have huge flakes and lots of them

perhaps you should come back then because it is snowing heavily...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Deep untouched powdery snow and red hot beaches sipping cocktails

I have just had an awful drive home from work, all the roads including main roads (including A127) are thick with snow, did not drive out of 3rd gear and above 20mph all the way home no roads been gritted at all, the snow was hitting the windscreen really fast, we all had a cardboard box cut up to use to clear our cars, a good inch at least has settled here cannot see the grass and its still coming down in huge flakes.

Posted
This is relentless - over 4 hours of falling snow - settled everywhere - not the same as last Mondays 'event' by any means, but considering this was unexpected, very nice to see.

The question is.....how much more to come and will it melt by the morning ?

I agree - we've got about as much here as we got in the unexpected October snowfall ( :lol: ). It's always nicer when it's unexpected though!

I'm waiting Had a cracking day & Evening here,

started out at Hastings ballentines Spa all morning till 3pm, missed all the models & pjhone had no service- Jumped on the meto raqdar on my mobile at 3pm & was very impressed by the PPn on the radar, as I drove back from hastings I saw the sky get that darker grey & read reports of snow coming from the North, TBH I expected to see some snow falling, but wasnt sure if it would accumulate-

630 tonight stopped off at the Harvester just off the M25 at Bluewater, & the snow got a bit heavier, & after several moans from the Mrs managed to persuade her to go for a little drive down to bluebell after the mean-

At 730pm the A2 was wet but increasingly you could see the cover was beginning to build at the road side edges- especially out on the slightly higher elevations like Inn on the lake etc-

Got up on the top of the hill ( I think its called Common Road) at around 830- where again I was expecting the tail end to be coming through)-

Right on the top by the picnic area ( which was closed!) there was around 2/3 cms but it was snowing heavy- So I imagine by now there probably 6ms up there-

Does anyone know if that picnic area has Sledging as I may go down in the monring- Also anyone know where I get a sledge from!! PM PEOPLES-

Anyway back home looking at the radar- i may be in for another hour of heavy snow- Ive picked up a pretty good track for DA6 but my mum down over on SE9 may cop the worse in the next hour-

post-1235-1234476441_thumb.png

May just scrape an inch out of this- Hopefully skies will clear to get the temps down over night.....

regards

Steve

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: SNAW
I have just had an awful drive home from work, all the roads including main roads (including A127) are thick with snow, did not drive out of 3rd gear and above 20mph all the way home no roads been gritted at all, the snow was hitting the windscreen really fast, we all had a cardboard box cut up to use to clear our cars, a good inch at least has settled here cannot see the grass and its still coming down in huge flakes.

Was thinking of you BasVegas... and wondered why you didn't post when someone said it was snowing in Basildon hours ago...!

Aside from the boooooring drive home - you've got snow...! YAY..! :lol:

Posted

going to be a nightmare in the morning, none of the roads round here have been gritted, still snowing with a temp of 1.6c

Posted

5cm here and STILL Snowing.

Absolutely Stunning scenes here In fact it looks Alpine.

Going to get some Pics

Paul S

Posted
perhaps you should come back then because it is snowing heavily...

Here at Whitstable we have what I would regard as mild snowfall, its not heavy, but its not light, it is wet snow, yes its laying but its weak snowfall really. In support I will see about 10 mins ago we had a slightly heavy snowfall for a good 5 minutes, its just standard snow showers. In general I would say its just a mild snowfalling event.

If you want to see heavy snowfall then head to the US and Canada for a snowstorm.... :lol:

Posted

The A127 is very nasty at the moment. My drive from Bas to Rayleigh was scary. Not looking forward to driving back to bas tomorrow morning.

Posted
5cm here and STILL Snowing.

Absolutely Stunning scenes here In fact it looks Alpine.

Going to get some Pics

Paul S

SO glad you finally got some!! Look forward to seeing the pics!!

Looks like its coming to an end on the radar.... I so hope not!!

Have fun!

Anita

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Storms

temps started falling after my previous posts a few hourd ago currently 0.9c dew -0.2c snow now everywhere the roads are all white with no gritting being done! looks like da7 is right in the middle ofthe last heavy bit of precip!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Deep untouched powdery snow and red hot beaches sipping cocktails
The A127 is very nasty at the moment. My drive from Bas to Rayleigh was scary. Not looking forward to driving back to bas tomorrow morning.

Our lorries are having a nightmare getting out tonight, It was our trunk driver who said that the 127 was bad, I only had to go from Burnt Mills to near Bas town, just glad to be home now, as we were clearing our cars the girls all said about how quiet it was, there was hardly any noise from 127 lol.

Anyway a quick pic of the garden taken 5 mins ago:

ghfghjj014.jpg

Posted

We have a few cms mainly on cold surfaces. Looks like a final batch coming in on the radar, might just miss us to the east. Hope this is not the last snow we see this year!

temps started falling after my previous posts a few hourd ago currently 0.9c dew -0.2c snow now everywhere the roads are all white with no gritting being done! looks like da7 is right in the middle ofthe last heavy bit of precip!

LOL_ Pity its rain!!!!!

Interesting to see if we get much below freezing tonight If & when the Skies Clear!!!

Probably snow cover for Bexleyheath till around mid morning tomorrow- People will get a days sledging up @ Shooters hill again- JUST...

S

Posted
Was thinking of you BasVegas... and wondered why you didn't post when someone said it was snowing in Basildon hours ago...!

Aside from the boooooring drive home - you've got snow...! YAY..! :lol:

Yay we have snow - however could mean no school for the kids again tomorrow :) Oh and yeah I go to work in the evenings, it was 6.10pm when someone shouted BLOODY HELL ITS SNOWING lol, I hadnt gone in and said tonight after building everyones hopes up last week lol. At 8pm it was starting to settle well on the cars and grass however nothing on roads it was still all wet then within 30 mins the roads pavements etc were covered.

Posted
Here at Whitstable we have what I would regard as mild snowfall, its not heavy, but its not light, it is wet snow, yes its laying but its weak snowfall really. In support I will see about 10 mins ago we had a slightly heavy snowfall for a good 5 minutes, its just standard snow showers. In general I would say its just a mild snowfalling event.

If you want to see heavy snowfall then head to the US and Canada for a snowstorm.... :lol:

Hi Wes. Do you still do the surf reports on Radio Kent?

Still snowing fairly steadily here - maybe just over 1cm

Posted

The 18z run is about 6 hours out as far as the precip goes. It says that at 0000 it was where it actually was at 1800 or earlier. By 0300 it shows it where it is now!

Rain/snow stopped here now. Hopefully temps will fall and skies will clear more than the poor GFS run suggests, allowing the snow to freeze. Currently 0.2c.

Posted

Just looked out the window and we have a couple of inches of snow! The road is completely covered. Started here at 18.15 and os still snowing. I'm sure this wasn't forecast!

Posted

The wind seems to be picking up here,, and i'm slowly getting a covering :D:D

i'm so glad the kids didn't hear forecast ,it'll be a lovely suprise if its still around in morning. They were so upset last week seeing news reports of snow and missing out , so fingers crossed peps i have a covering in morning :):)