Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Storm/convective Discussion 27th June >>

Ross B

Posted
Southall and I tell you this storm is rolling in quickly

I'm in Isleworth, just looked outside again and it is totally black to the west now, looks very threatening....

Posted
Carry on here please :lol:

The sky here looks as angry as I have ever seen. Feels like its literally going to explode any second now!!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Snow

You think Conor? I was thinking more NE ish.

Problem is theres scud scooting around all over the place which is making it hard to tell.

theres a nice updraft to my SE though sucking in all the moisture. getting some really low forming scud

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything but dull cloud

big rain drops rele getting going here in SW London but im watering the garden -neighbors must think im crazy. some really dark cloud and possible towers coming (cant rele see dam bushes in way)

Posted

Im watching a fantastic lightning show here.. lewisham northwards must be getting drenched.. bolt after bolt now.. and its growing..not moving but growing this way.. impressive :lol:

Posted

Nice one Ross :lol:

There appears to be a CB forming on top of me at the moment with a very dark and unstable looking base carrying scud and mamma clouds, no precipitation or thunder as of yet however but if it continues to build at the rate I can see then it probably won't be long. Let's hope it doesn't dissipate or move out of the area before it has the chance to give me something.

Posted

For the ultimate in storm shield demonstration, post code zoom on DY2 and loop back the last 30 or so mins!!

Have seen some IC bolts and a couple of CG's. Deep booming thunder but not too frequent. Stair rod rain was visible several miles west.

Low level clouds seemingly keep changing direction.

Posted

Here's the forecast skew-t :

post-5986-1246120273_thumb.jpg

Slight upgrade from earlier, we need that surface heating!! Cells north of London look vigorous at the moment, so take care peeps, there are already reports of some damaging stuff happening in and around London.

Posted
Storm seems to be comeing from the North and East and Im in the middle

Chloe

as a newby you probably do not realise but your reports are a waste of time-please don't take offence.

the reason we do not know where you are.

be a goodie and drop your nearest town in your avatar and then go back to enjoying all on Net Wx.

thanks

John

Can anyone else who has recently joined and not added their town please do so.

again many thanks

Edited by johnholmes

Posted
For the ultimate in storm shield demonstration, post code zoom on DY2 and loop back the last 30 or so mins!!

Have seen some IC bolts and a couple of CG's. Deep booming thunder but not too frequent. Stair rod rain was visible several miles west.

Low level clouds seemingly keep changing direction.

It's like it hopped over you without actually getting you! That's just unlucky! :lol:

Posted
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast

Still a slight anvil to the west but its pretty much clear here now , been a good day :lol:

kaboom lol

http://www.meteox.nl/h.aspx?r=&jaar=-3...;soort=satradar

Posted
Plenty of CC lightning around here. Ppn has stopped and dew point shot up to 17/18c.

Not too far away, that could be the dark cloud i can see in the distance which does look stormy.

Edited by saint

Posted

Multiple cells going up to my S and West, very frequent thunder now.

Skies to the W are a horrible muddy grey/brown, I know what Schafernacher meant when he said 'muddy shyte'. :lol:

Edited by jshaw

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

Problem is theres scud scooting around all over the place which is making it hard to tell.

theres a nice updraft to my SE though sucking in all the moisture. getting some really low forming scud

the radar is suggesting the core is moving slowly NW but its back-building and intensifying...centred over wolverhampton/Codsall by the look of it :lol:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Supercells n snow

Line of towering cumulus to my east with an anvil or two to the south east, possibly heading my way. Big dark clouds south of me as well.

West - not as much in way of darkness or cells.

Just had another light-moderate rainshower for 15 minutes or so but with large raindrops.

Thundering to the east.

Posted

Unfortunately i dont have no batteries for the camera but there seems to be an anvil feature which is heading directly this way whilst the storm itself

i can now see is definately moving in a WNW direction though the rate its moving is extremely slow.

My friend in Dudley is saying theres heavy rain and thunder with dark clouds with an orangey colour.

Edited by conor123

Posted

Convection here has suddenly gone up. Forget the wide bases gradually going up, we're talking vertical columns the 600hPa cap looks to have gone; could get lively, now, with >1,000 j/kg CAPE to be realised. I suspect those slighly upstream of Medway will see the results.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

hmm...distant thunder heard to my south, I really hope this storm stops flirting with me ( SkirtFlasher) and decides to move its backside about 10 miles north!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Snow
the radar is suggesting the core is moving slowly NW but its back-building and intensifying...centred over wolverhampton/Codsall by the look of it :lol:

Hopefully it will move over my way, on the 5 min NW radar I can see it sat just east to where I am (look at WV16)

So close yet so far.