Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Heatwave

Posted
I think we might have passed that.

my perennial question!

where is we please?

welcome to NW but drop your nearest town in your avatar please, then we know where 'we' is referring to!

many thanks

Posted
  • Location: Formerly Walworth, SE17 ; Swansea SA1 since Dec 2008
  • Location: Formerly Walworth, SE17 ; Swansea SA1 since Dec 2008

I'm in Swansea (must must must change my location if not my user name!!)

It's barely 20C here at a guess, very grey and cloudy, some drizzle has started recently, which could easily turn into much heavier rain as the afternoon goes on.

For Wales the cool down and breakdown starts early ... :ph34r:

Edited by William of Walworth

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Ample sunshine; Hot weather; Mixed winters with cold and mild spells

27.3c so far which is 0.4c up on 24 hours ago. Might *just* hit 30c today. A nice way to round off a stunning spell of weather - especially this last two days.

Posted

28.6C here at the moment. Humidity 44% Nice light breeze at the moment. It's a bit cloudy.

Weather recorded from my back garden and nowhere official, to avoid confusion. :rolleyes: Because I know how professional I sound :crazy:

Went for a walk yesterday evening in some woods and on public footpaths next to farmers fields and it was an amazing experience, very muggy in the woods away from the sun and when in the sun on the public footpath it felt wonderful, i definately don't think its too hot though just right, i've never felt uncomfortable in this and your body soon gets used to it.

It felt like you could of been in central/eastern europe yesterday in the summer but of course without the intensity of heat they get regularly in the summer.

Posted

Edinburgh airport recording 29ºC - it's been many many years since that was last achieved here. Wil have to dig into the archive later to find the last date.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Ample sunshine; Hot weather; Mixed winters with cold and mild spells

29.1c my max today so still not quite a 30c this year yet. Next time me hopes!

Agree with Eugene - I've never found it too hot bar when cycling up hill against the easterly breeze on way home - that can be hard going!

You do soon get used to the heat - it feels less draining in the office today simply down to getting used to it. So I'd keep this weather till September thanks!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Freezing fog, frost, snow, sunshine.
Edinburgh airport recording 29ºC - it's been many many years since that was last achieved here. Wil have to dig into the archive later to find the last date.

I believe 30'C has been hit?

Very, very heavy rain and thunderstorms in Inverness with dewpoint of 19'C :D

Edited by NorthernRab

Posted

Has peaked at 30C (86F) here in Portsmouth this afternoon.

Posted

We have had 3 days reach 27c in Lincoln, I would not call it a heatwave for Lincolnshire. The 30c was unofficial with my own sensor.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Atlantic storms, severe gales, blowing snow and frost :)

ive just noticed edinburgh airport is at 30c now!! highest official in uk at the moment!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

30/31c here this afternoon. Not quite as hot as yesterday but more because of a slight breeze.

Posted

The record there is 31.4 °C on 4 August 1975 (according to Met Office). After a quick web trawl I also found 29.1C on 5th June 1982 and 30.6C on 21st August 1995.

Pretty darn hot for these parts anyway. I have spent 2 months in each of the last three summers in central Turkey, it's hotter there, but more comfortable than this. At least humidity is falling away a little now.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & Ice

Up in the lake district for the week and have never known it so hot the last coupe days have recorded a shade temp of 28.8c 6 miles east of Keswick. To hot to do anything serious in the hills. Given the last 2 summers in the lakes have been pretty much a washout local trade is brisk shall we say

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms

Can't believe Edinburgh hit 30c today, thats massive heat anywhere in the UK let alone up in Scotland! I am struggling to get used to 30c heat down here in the Midlands where we get hot weather at some point every summer but up in Scotland the temperature rarely gets above 25-26c in a summers day, so to hit 30c up there is amazing. I bet loads of people are saying it's too hot up there, they are normally used to much cooler conditions!

Oadby weather near me is reported current temp of 31c with 32c reached today, again might be overcooking it but I don't know. Certainly feels very hot once again today, having walked 2 miles earlier I was sweating massively lol.

Edited by andy_leics22

Posted

Reached 28.5c here earlier today making it the warmest day of the year (so far), certainly felt scorching in that sunshine.

Posted

Not as hot as yesterday with the max being 27.9c Looking forward to some fresher weather at the weekend after all this heat :o

Posted

A much better day here, first mostly sunny one since Sunday. The dreaded cloud sheets threatened to return in the morning, but since 10 it's been nearly all sun. Finally seem to have got our 30C.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Mediterranean climates (Valencia is perfect)

Today was our fourth consecutive day of 30C+, so not bad for the London area, although not any serious heat with it just hovering around 31C, feels very nice for me, though others aren't enjoying it as much :o

Posted

Yesterday reached 28c and today only managed 25c with much more breeze around.

Posted
Can't believe Edinburgh hit 30c today, thats massive heat anywhere in the UK let alone up in Scotland! I am struggling to get used to 30c heat down here in the Midlands where we get hot weather at some point every summer but up in Scotland the temperature rarely gets above 25-26c in a summers day, so to hit 30c up there is amazing. I bet loads of people are saying it's too hot up there, they are normally used to much cooler conditions!

You can say that again! I notice a nice 20-22 forecast for Saturday. Perfect!

Posted

Whilst conditions in London have certainly felt hot this week - I think it's fair to call it a heatwave and it is probably newsworthy to some degree - the way we've been put on "Level 3 alert", one below emergency level, is a joke. 30°C has not been widespread at all and if anything the weather has got less hot as the week has gone on, not hotter: 31°C on Mon and Tues, 30°C on Wed and Thurs.

And as for the forecasts this morning, they were talking of 32°C or even 33°C in the Greater London region for this afternoon. As it is only one or two places nudged only just above 30°C, unsurprisingly one of them was Heathrow. At such a short timeframe this was poor forecasting. Just from looking at the morning temps I thought it was too low to reach those heights: Heathrow started at 15°C this morning and the London Weather Centre at 16°C. To reach 32°C/33°C you almost always have to be looking at minima the previous night of at least 18°C to 20°C. I therefore think the forecast was overly optimistic just to justify the absurd "alerts" that had been issued the previous day.

Edited by Nick H

Posted
Whilst conditions in London have certainly felt hot this week - I think it's fair to call it a heatwave and it is probably newsworthy to some degree - the way we've been put on "Level 3 alert", one below emergency level, is a joke. 30°C has not been widespread at all and if anything the weather has got less hot as the week has gone on, not hotter: 31°C on Mon and Tues, 30°C on Wed and Thurs.

And as for the forecasts this morning, they were talking of 32°C or even 33°C in the Greater London region for this afternoon. As it is only one or two places nudged only just above 30°C, unsurprisingly one of them was Heathrow. At such a short timeframe this was poor forecasting. Just from looking at the morning temps I thought it was too low to reach those heights: Heathrow started at 15°C this morning and the London Weather Centre at 16°C. To reach 32°C/33°C you almost always have to be looking at minima the previous night of at least 18°C to 20°C. I therefore think the forecast was overly optimistic just to justify the absurd "alerts" that had been issued the previous day.

Being from the South Pole how can you justify saying this?!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

way too warm today feels like warmest day ever, sun still out, dreadful hot evenings, dunno where all this cloud and showery rain is, just all sun here and cant cool

hopefully feeling better by saturday