Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Storm/convective Discussion

Nick F

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold snow, thunderstorms

the sun has now broken though the cloud at last, temp has now gone from 23.0c to 27.1c in the space of 1hr, to late though i think of anything developing!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold snow, thunderstorms
How intense is that at St Malo??!!! :lol:

post-6667-1246376037_thumb.png

www.malouins.com/webcams

webcam.st-malo.com

come on straight up in to somerset, you will be most welcome!!

god how desprate is that!! :lol:

that storm on sat24 looks like a atomic bomb has gone off, anyone checked the news channels laterly!!!!

Edited by fromey

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms and snow

Looking at the CAPE, it doesn't max out until around now/6pm, so there could still be some development but as I said earlier, I'm not at all hopeful. It's very very sticky here today. Not hot at all, but extremely humid.

ukcapeli.png

Thurs morning looks potentially interesting :lol:

ukprec.png

Posted
West/SW Wales is the place to be now,thunderstorm off the NW coast.

http://www.worcwx.co.uk/stormtrack.php

will that travel up to me and intensify hitting worcestershire? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Posted

Seems to have exploded a bit here :lol: Think I might jump in the car in a sec :lol:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms
is it me or is it getting more humid by the hour?

Dissapointing day here today but its brightening up now and i agree-its extremely humid now!

Shame to see the GFS has pretty much got rid of the potential for Thursday. :lol:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

That really is a cracker over N France - if only it would keep its NNE trajectory and venture close to hear....even if it did it'd die before making landfall most probably!!

Now we have reached initiation time, there is already a few cells erupting over Wales in particular. Within the next hour I suspect the number of cells to increase a fair whack!

Each GFS run looks worse and worse for here over thursday and friday :lol: the only shred of excitement I suppose is the potential for imports into thursday night, though current projections have it sliding past the E Kent coastline - anyone fancy a trip to the coast if we are looking at the same potential nearer the time? :lol:

Edited by Harry

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extremes
That really is a cracker over N France - if only it would keep its NNE trajectory and venture close to hear....even if it did it'd die before making landfall most probably!!

No no no...it's got our name on it ... NNW please with no talk of dieing :p

Posted
No no no...it's got our name on it ... NNW please with no talk of dieing

I think should it swing your way towards Jersey, you'd be laughing. At present if it heads our way it will simply fade before reaching here I reckon - still, all eyes south :p

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms & Snow.

Just had a clap of thunder, that will do nicely!

Posted
I think should it swing your way towards Jersey, you'd be laughing. At present if it heads our way it will simply fade before reaching here I reckon - still, all eyes south :p

According to this:

http://www.cwgsy.net/private/pagea/StormVueJ.html

we are on for a collision course :D Good luck to you during the next 24hrs or so...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Am i right in thinking Thursday's potential is close to non existent now or any storms will no where near be as good as previously forecast? :p

Posted

Frequent "growling" distant thunder heard to my south ... bring it on :p

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and thunderstorms
Am i right in thinking Thursday's potential is close to non existent now or any storms will no where near be as good as previously forecast? :D

Just expect a lousy day with a lot of rain and suppressed temperatures and you wont be disappointed. If you wish to put your foot through the telly when the BBC forecasters spout on about "thundery" rain by all means please do so...just make sure you send them the bill :p

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!
I'm paying close attention to those showers south of here, alot of humidity might well help these showers to realise the CAPE available.

I dont honestly fancy their chances, only 300-400 Joules around south of brum, with negligble lift, the energy and lift is over in west/mid wales I'm afraid

Posted

Best of luck Fitzwis! Send it our way when you are finished you ever so nice chap, lol

Thursday now almost a non-hoper but for a rogue import in our neck of the woods, Friday will probably be lucky to reach 24C with now 0% chance of a storm!!!

Cant remember seeing such a drastic change only a few days before - total bummer!!!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms & Snow.

Wow just saw a big flash and a very loud bang of thunder, its moving away though :p

Posted
Best of luck Fitzwis! Send it our way when you are finished you ever so nice chap, lol

Thursday now almost a non-hoper but for a rogue import in our neck of the woods, Friday will probably be lucky to reach 24C with now 0% chance of a storm!!!

Cant remember seeing such a drastic change only a few days before - total bummer!!!!

Its a load of total hype and tbh im not surprised the risk is now non existent. You would think this would end with a bang but no, probably cloud and patchy rain. :p

Posted
I dont honestly fancy their chances, only 300-400 Joules around south of brum, with negligble lift, the energy and lift is over in west/mid wales I'm afraid

no no no! please don't say that :p :wub:

i have a feelin somthings gonna happen :D it's got to :D god im going crazy here :p

Posted

LOL...lets hope it makes it to us first...looking good so far on StormVue and starting to sound good now too...will do my best to crank up my wind farm and point the turbines NNE if it makes it :p