Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

East Anglia And South East England Cold Spell Discussion

shuggee

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and thunderstorms!! (With the odd gale thrown in)

Remember the latest fax chart for +96 will be updated around 22.00 tonight.

That's what I'm waiting for. I do expect the models to come to some sort of conclusion in the next few runs, but personally I am expecting just light showers for later in the week, but have a feeling that something a bit more organised will affect at least some other parts of the country, with the possibility of a decent trough moving SW through the Wash as the winds turn to more of a NE'ly.

Posted

Just watched the Alex Deakin forecast, defiently said "The liklehood of some significant snowfall later in the week"

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow or Sun

Hi everybody, it's my first post so take it easy, i'm a weather geek who doesn't really understand all the jargon but enjoys reading about it. I thought i was a bit strange in that i am obsessed with snow, my wife thinks its a bit weird but i love the stuff, i try to go skiing every year to get my snow fix and im lucky in that my wife is from Colorado so we go over there every couple of years and if we visit in the winter i get plenty of the white stuff.

Me and my kids had great fun here in Feb when the snow was about 8 inches thick and stayed on the ground for a few days, so im hoping for a white xmas like the rest of you !!

We go to Florida twice a year so get some great weather there, especially storms and tornados, but i will save that for the correct threads in the summer.

Back on topic..... forecast on BBC showing snow in SE on Wednesday and Friday bringing some significant snow on the way yahoo.gif ..... good job I invested in a new sledge the other day !!

Posted

Of course, in that eventuality, we may all start to look at this weather spell in a different way. When the fun of the first sledge rides, snowmen and snowball fight wears off, the reality of disrupted or even canceled transport links, shops emptying, old and infirm folks not getting out and about etc etc, may put a whole different complexion on things.

Lets hope if it is big, UK PLC and the infrastructure can cope!

yeah, because i have work on saturday and would mean i have to walk in because the other 2 guys are off that day :D :lol:

Good evening all :lol:

Posted

Welcome to the forum Yukichon :D Friday defiently looks a very interesting day for the weather, hopefully East Anglia and the South East will get a lot of snow from the Easterly that will be incoming! Look at this chart:

post-10203-12608264392178_thumb.png

Im hoping for a big snowfall :D

Posted

Hi everybody, it's my first post so take it easy, i'm a weather geek who doesn't really understand all the jargon but enjoys reading about it. I thought i was a bit strange in that i am obsessed with snow, my wife thinks its a bit weird but i love the stuff, i try to go skiing every year to get my snow fix and im lucky in that my wife is from Colorado so we go over there every couple of years and if we visit in the winter i get plenty of the white stuff.

Me and my kids had great fun here in Feb when the snow was about 8 inches thick and stayed on the ground for a few days, so im hoping for a white xmas like the rest of you !!

We go to Florida twice a year so get some great weather there, especially storms and tornados, but i will save that for the correct threads in the summer.

Back on topic..... forecast on BBC showing snow in SE on Wednesday and Friday bringing some significant snow on the way yahoo.gif ..... good job I invested in a new sledge the other day !!

Welcome to the forum my friend

Haha you'll fit right in here! Biggest collection of weather geeks on the net here, so we can all sympathise with eachother

Yes sounds like a sound investment to me...shame ive got to work all day friday :D

Kind Regards

SK

Posted

Wonderfully clear and starry night here now but the temp is still 4c.

Wonder if we will get a frost tonight ?

Paul S

At least you might see a shooting star or 2..... :D

Posted

Im hoping to get snowed in diablo.gif

Edited by yukichon

Posted

I should think the Met change their forecasts tomorrow. Their current forecast for Cambridge is sunny 0C, I expect that to change to Snow Showers, 0C (Maybe heavy snow showers 0C :D )

Edited by Snowman0697

Posted

Of course, in that eventuality, we may all start to look at this weather spell in a different way. When the fun of the first sledge rides, snowmen and snowball fight wears off, the reality of disrupted or even canceled transport links, shops emptying, old and infirm folks not getting out and about etc etc, may put a whole different complexion on things.

Lets hope if it is big, UK PLC and the infrastructure can cope!

From my perspective, it can do what it want's to do on Friday, I'll be home. But on Thursday I have to get from London to North Norfolk at some time that could be as late as 21:00 :D But then I've finished work, and will ENJOY the snow. I have high hopes that, if not Friday, then Sunday/Monday will give my locale ( a mere 6 miles from the North Norfolk Coast ) a decent coving of the white stuff that will not disappear within hours.

Posted

Where in Herts you from mate?biggrin.gif

Im in Ware ... just down the road from St Albans !!!

Posted

so now looking very good for friday.

Alex Deakin saying a significant snow event has raised my hopes although im still staying on the side of caution.

well usually the BBC will not use words like "significant" without just cause. so looking pretty good from the Beeb. which areas was he highlighting BS :D

Posted

What on earth is going on. I dont really understand the charts, but some people say its a downgrade, others say its the best we have seen in years. I am totally confused cc_confused.gif . Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks rolleyes.gif

Sorry mods if this is in the wrong place.

Hi Leigh, you soon learn to click on 'ignore user' to those who need a serious dose of prozac viewing every run and coming up with it being a downgrade (talking of which, as well as banning the 'modern e*a phrase, could we also ban the wallbash.gif icon?!!) There are plenty of more balanced posters on NW to take notice of. You'll soon learn who is who! :)

Posted

well usually the BBC will not use words like "significant" without just cause. so looking pretty good from the Beeb. which areas was he highlighting BS smile.gif

he was talking generally didnt mention specfics

Posted

GFS 18z looking great so far :)

Friday looks like a peach of a day still :drunk:

Edited by Snowman0697

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Varied and not extreme.

BTW, for an explanation of the jet qustion, see Steve Murr's post in Model Output General Discussion.

Posted

well usually the BBC will not use words like "significant" without just cause. so looking pretty good from the Beeb. which areas was he highlighting BS :)

would of though the met office would of at least made a warning of being aware of the potential for this event on fri! maybe they will do this tommorow?

Posted

Just watched the 10 o'clock forecast.

Snow showers possible tomorrow and Wendesday, then the next chance he mentioned was "some significant snowfall later in the week" Mainly on friday I think.

Posted

would of though the met office would of at least made a warning of being aware of the potential for this event on fri! maybe they will do this tommorow?

I think they will, latest GFS run looks fantastic for Friday, Maybe tomorrow lunchtime they will begin to post warnings, we will see, they do have a history of leaving it as late as possible for snow

Posted

Very VERY new at all of this so don't have a clue what is going on!! Have been lurking for ages but don't really know how to read all of the models.

Have noticed the 'Thames Streamer' phrase being mentioned on the model thread and wondered if that would affect me?

I have one very excited 6 year old boy here who would love to see some snow, plus I need to know if it's worth buying him a sledge! :)

I apologise if I shouldn't have posted here, but if you don't ask.... you don't get!!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything and everything

Im in Ware ... just down the road from St Albans !!!

I'm moving hopefully to Ware next year. Can't wait, as because we are big snow lovers here and get minimal amounts usually compared to where you are. Really hoping to see a snowy last winter after living in the se essex area for 37 years now. :)