Thunder?
Local
Radar
Hot?
IGNORED

Yorkshire, Lincolnshire And The Pennines Cold Spell Discussion

Posted

18z brings the colder 850's in a little later at around 3pm, also the precipitation is delayed, but better placed for us and heavier.

Upto now really good upgrade..

Get them sledges ready everyone!!! The risk of heavy snow has just come across us again, swings and roundabouts.!!!

Game on, what a fantastic ENE'rly

:cold:

I wonder if we will end up getting more than the SE corner afterall :drinks:

Posted
  • Location: Hebden Bridge (561 ft ASL) A drug town with a tourist problem
  • Location: Hebden Bridge (561 ft ASL) A drug town with a tourist problem

Showers look to be packing in now around Sunderland/Middlesbrough. Wonder if they'll make it inland much....

Posted

I wonder if we will end up getting more than the SE corner afterall :whistling:

We'll kick then southern gits ass's :D

They always do well whether it be thunderstorms, severe gales, torrential rain. Well i tell you what, they ain't having our snow! period!

lol

and yup we should do better than the S.E

Lewis

Posted

They always do well whether it be thunderstorms, severe gales, torrential rain. Well i tell you what, they ain't having our snow! period!

lol

Lewis

18Z still looks good for snow later on saturday,although thats still quite a way off yet. Im much more confident about our chances for tomorrow night though :whistling::D

Posted

No idea mate but seems something is adrift - now down to 4.4c so its on the drop -mine are at about 1.7mtrs high and have both been functioning well for over 4 years.

The temperature at the time of this post was 4.4C here also, max today was 4.9C. Your sensor is definitely reading high Lewis.

Posted

hey all, just seen gfs 18z upgrades the easterly!! with snow showers getting well inland with the notable strength in the wind!!! with the sea being warmer than febuary im sure that the showers will be more potant than that easterly last feb. Then wide spread snow on sat!? keeps getting better and better for yorkshire and the game is on :drinks:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Temperatures ≤25ºC ≥10ºC.

I'm sure the anoraks on here can dig out the charts but, I remember as a kid in the 80's that most of the ''morning'' surprises (how wrong does that sound lol) came from easterlies.

A proper, sustained easterly will nearly always deliver the goods, so to speak.

As long as the PPN is more organised and not broken up like it is in recent events since 1997, we should get some interesting totals. Also, don't rule out any surprises.

Other memorable past snowfalls have occurred from more ''freak'' events which are rarely forecast. Things like this can happen in any cold snap with PPN about.

In the 90's, there was 2 events where we had snow deep enough to make interesting features from the roof. 1991 and 1995. I have pics from both events but they are well burried and nobody will help dig them out.

As for current events, i've just been out to put the bike away and notied it had been raining. The water seemed too cold for rain so perhaps some sleet/wet snow had fallen?

Posted

2.5 c now in North Newbald at 10.30pm and dropping fast ......completely clear skies now .....( temp was 5 c at 9pm when i last checked)

ps . just had a text from my friend in Durham to say it was snowing there

Edited by Jeremy Shockey

Posted

Thats it BBC officially don't have a clue, they might as well of called that forecast the SE forecast!!

I take it they said no snow for us :)

Posted

I take it they said no snow for us :D

Showed odd wintry shower for us,

i might ring them up and complain,

saying that what's the point, they get their data from the metoffice and there just as bad!

Honestly cannot see a better setup to deliver snow for us than this one, seriously, its perfect but the BBC aint having none of it.

Posted

Thats it BBC officially don't have a clue, they might as well of called that forecast the SE forecast!!

Isn't it always like that. I mean London is the centre of the universe when on the bbc/itv weather. I always feel for the Scots they get an even worse deal than us. I wasn't very impressed with the last forcast for our part of the world. i really hope those 18z gfs charts deliever tomorrow as I have been watching the developments for well over a week now,

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

lol

Lewis

I am certain during the summer of 2007 whilst I was working overseas in Greece; Hull was 'devasted' by torrential rainfall.

BUT on the other hand.. yeah the snow is ours.. go away Gravy haters. :D

Edited by rikki

Posted

It strange when the complaints only come when the forecasts don't show what we want whistling.gif:D

Joking aside, people need to stop paying to much attention to BBC forecasts etc... Watching the radar is the best bet now, showers always bring surprises, sure there will some disappointed people on this thread by the end of tomorrow, equally I'm sure there will be some quite happy ones as well... good.gif

Posted

It strange when the complaints only come when the forecasts don't show what we want whistling.gif:D

Joking aside, people need to stop paying to much attention to BBC forecasts etc... Watching the radar is the best bet now, showers always bring surprises, sure there will some disappointed people on this thread by the end of tomorrow, equally I'm sure there will be some quite happy ones as well... good.gif

I agree! Think positive, and watch the radars good call mate.

Posted

evening all

just watched Rob on the BBC weather, Despite his wicked evil persona (i know something you dont kind of thing) i was disappointed with the forecast, it looks like here in NE Lincs that the snow for tonight tomorrow and the weekend is on the marginal side with the main thrust moving into East Anglia and the SE. However he does make me chuckle with a performance worthy of a baddy in a Christmas panto. the ending with a footnote about whats to come Monday backed up with a evil muttly type chuckle makes you wonder if we are about to see Armageddon (probably not !!) Anyway i suppose at least ill get over the wolds for the last two days at work without any dramas....thankgod for small mercies...

LO

Posted

The cold air must be slowly arriving as the temp has dropped to 5c. :shok:

Hey mate,

The colder air is digging in now,

Temp here at 5.0c with a dew of 1.5c now which has dropped 4c in like 1 hour :D

Lewis

Posted

Hey mate,

The colder air is digging in now,

Temp here at 5.0c with a dew of 1.5c now which has dropped 4c in like 1 hour :shok:

Lewis

http://www.wzkarten.de/pics/brack0.gif

Fax chart for tomorrow mate.Any thoughts on it?

Posted

http://www.wzkarten.de/pics/brack0.gif

Fax chart for tomorrow mate.Any thoughts on it?

Thats a nice fax chart,

shows a trough pushing SSE, it's certainly an upgrade as the met office had this further south of us, certainly looking good.

All the minor details will come out on the fax charts now, which is a good thing. Certainly going to be a few troughs about over the coming 4-5 days.

Lewis

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Misty Autumn days and foggy nights

fine-I will keep out of your little world

I hope you don't John. I for one value your input and it would be a poorer thread without your insight. Plus it is your part of the world too.

Colder air starting to filter in but not that cold - it's still 4.3C according to my station which isn't that cold for the time of year.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Well considering last night started at like -2c and rose through the evening - waking up to no frost. Tonight's temperature is tropical. :shok::D

Posted

I hope you don't John. I for one value your input and it would be a poorer thread without your insight. Plus it is your part of the world too.

Colder air starting to filter in but not that cold - it's still 4.3C according to my station which isn't that cold for the time of year.

John don't get involved I for one do try and read all and learn as time goes on but also dislike people who post every 5 mins thinking they Know everything as we all know they are getting a bit excited because of a small or large amount of snow

Stick with us John

Don't lose faith some of us do try and learn and listen........

Ian

Edited by fazzafarrand