Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West England Cold Spell Discussion

Posted

I noticed that! They may have more snow, but we know how to have a good old chat! Or should that be a good old moan? :lol:

It was the same in February....we had more "discussion" threads than any other region, I think. Ah, that has to say something about us, doesn't it.....snow or no snow.....we are the gobbiest!

What a complete and utter letdown this has been. I knew we were not the ones who were going to be blizzarded to kingdom come, but I thought we might get something......... :(:(:(

I gather that tricky dicky didn't bring any comfort, then? :)

Thats why ive moved from the southern central thread to the south west thread because theres not many speaking at all in the southern central :cold:

Still raining :drinks: But temp still below 2c. Got a friend whos said its been snowing in Farnham for the last couple of hours now but not settling i dont think! - This rain is starting to get on my nerves now especially as the temps are cold! it might aswell just be warm! :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

The temperature has actually reached 3C now, being the highest today and the rain I just drove home in was quite heavy, bobbing off the road like that of a summer downpour. The fact we've been forecasted a bit of snow on the back edge of this weather system seems almost too good to be true. At this rate, there will be too much water around for anything to settle.

I'm looking forward to a bright and much more bracing day tomorrow!

Posted

18Z up to its old tricks again. Saturday night now looking interesting for us snow wise. Last night's provided us with excitement.

I suppose it's best to discard it - pub run and all that!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.

Had a quick pint in local but not many in there so thought id get back after just the one tonight. still raining.

I have just had a quick look at snow risk run and as usual there isnt a thing in reliable timeframe for us but some nice eye candy on the edge of FI!! help.gif

I thought people were just complaining abit to much abit early but it really does seem pants for us and as usual it is like dangling a carrot in front of a rabbit and then pulling away just when you think you have got it. huh.gifbomb.gif

I just hope the model experts can find some comfort out of it all for us down here because i don't understand the charts enough yet.doh.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

Found this on show in the General Discussion for Monday, a real deal or no deal situation by the looks of this:

108-574.GIF?16-18

Posted

Monday looking interesting according to one of the guys in the Model Output discussion just now. I think there's more twists and turns to come yet - maybe all hope is not lost.

I popped into the S.E. england thread and interesting post from Steve Murr (as usual) - albeit looking at S.E. - tomorrow parts of that area could receive a pastingwallbash.gif

!

Posted

Monday looking interesting according to one of the guys in the Model Output discussion just now. I think there's more twists and turns to come yet - maybe all hope is not lost.

I popped into the S.E. england thread and interesting post from Steve Murr (as usual) - albeit looking at S.E. - tomorrow parts of that area could receive a pastingwallbash.gif

!

I had a cheeky glance at the thread earlier and well quite frankly made me feel...bad.gifbad.gif

Posted

I had a cheeky glance at the thread earlier and well quite frankly made me feel...bad.gifbad.gif

Can't believe you didn't stay in the pub, downing a few pints of Thatchers!drunk.gif

Posted

Can't believe you didn't stay in the pub, downing a few pints of Thatchers!drunk.gif

Problem is tomoro is karyoke nite and i always have a late one so didnt wanna stay too long. They do thatchers rough draught too! drinks.gif

Posted

Problem is tomoro is karyoke nite and i always have a late one so didnt wanna stay too long. They do thatchers rough draught too! drinks.gif

Ooh! Thatchers rough draught - luverly!! Zider me up landlord!!drinks.gifcrazy.giflazy.gif

Posted

Ooh! Thatchers rough draught - luverly!! Zider me up landlord!!drinks.gifcrazy.giflazy.gif

It is so nice but gets me smashed quite quickly!

Only on the south west thread would you get us talking about cider lol.drinks.gif

I think we should all ask the mods to change the name of our thread to damp squid discussion thread or something we have more chance at getting like frost lookout discusion thread.....

acute.giflazy.gifhelp.gif

Posted

A right royal ramp by Rob McKelwee on BBC just now for the S.E. tomorrow and Friday wallbash.gif

But did mention everyone would've seen snow by end of weekendrolleyes.gif

Then gave a wicked laugh about Monday, but didn't elaborate!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold in winter, snow, frost but warm summers please

Yes saw that... looked postively cheeky! Especially regarding Monday... perhaps the Meto are finally coming on board? That'd be nice.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme!

Then gave a wicked laugh about Monday, but didn't elaborate!

That was the funniest thing I have seen in any weather forecast. It was if to say "I know something you don't", which is great because he is the biggest cold/snow ramper of them all (in a neutral BBC way of course!) :D

Posted

Yes saw that... looked postively cheeky! Especially regarding Monday... perhaps the Meto are finally coming on board? That'd be nice.

Hmm! Possible undercutting low affecting the south on Monday according to main model discussion thread. But that's a long way off, as models a few days ago were predicting much better cold and snow for us over next few days.

Little bit disappointed at the mo for West prospects, compared to my expectation levels a few days ago. But who knows??!!

Posted

I went straight to the charts after he said that about Monday (crazy man!). Must have a take on the low sinking south?

Posted

Ah underutting low, yes that would make more sense for the crazy ramper, but looks later on 18z (more like Tuesday?) - haven't really looked at Met O 12z properly. Will go and check out the main model threads now. We've surely gotta see something decent at some stage outta this? Just gotta be patient.

Posted

finally....Told you laugh.gif

snowblower.jpg

Have to say the wind looks a bit fresh over your way...wacko.gif

Posted

got to have a laugh Mullinder...its that or cry :shok:

anyway on a slightly normal note..lol

There could be a possability for us throughout the weekend-to tues...

dont hold your breathe though

Rob had the twinkle in his eye for Monday

Edited by dogs32