Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West England Cold Spell Discussion

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold in winter, snow, frost but warm summers please

Well, beautifully sunny down on Dartmoor this morning. Even the 'hoped' for snow over the weekend looks to be diminishing quicker than a Turkey on christmas day.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.

Ground frost is forming here today with temp strugling at 0.5c cold.gif what sort of improvement is there?

I don't have time to look through i am at work.

Posted

Ground frost is forming here today with temp strugling at 0.5c cold.gif what sort of improvement is there?

I don't have time to look through i am at work.

GFS has increased the snow *chance* tomorrow(particularly evening) through the whole of Dorset and into Somerset(particularly east somerset).

If winds are even a degree or more towards the west rather than south, it has a large difference on the shower coverage.

Also a big improvement for Mon/Tues/Wed although again this is ages away in the current models.

Sat night/sun morning is still being progged to give 3-8cms widely across the south, with a band of snow, which might be slow to clear.

Just staring chance so that people don't think it's a definate. ! :yahoo:

Edited by Iceberg

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot sunny , cold and snowy, thunderstorms

Looking at the Net-weather radar, its showing snow as far west as Wales.

If it can snow that far west, then there must be hope for us.

Posted

A better 06Z for the SW for today and tonight as well as sat/sun and mon/tues. :)

But it never actually happens, does it? It's always a few days away or something. It never actually materialises.

I've had enough of the ups and downs and will not build my hopes up again, just to have them painfully dashed away. :drinks::):)

I would be delighted to be proved wrong, mind! :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold in winter, snow, frost but warm summers please

They have even given up mentioning the possibility of snow over the moors, so I'm not going to believe it until I see it... which I can almost guarantee won't be until 2010... whistling.gif

Posted

But it never actually happens, does it? It's always a few days away or something. It never actually materialises.

I've had enough of the ups and downs and will not build my hopes up again, just to have them painfully dashed away. :cray: :cray: :o

I would be delighted to be proved wrong, mind! :D

Was just going to post a similar thing befor i read yours. It's always been "Tomorrow" but come that tomorrow and it doesnt happen then its ment to come "tomorrow" again :yahoo:. a "Today" would be nicer to hear :(:(:D

Edited by Snowman15

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.

Was just going to post a similar thing befor i read yours. It's always been "Tomorrow" but come that tomorrow and it doesnt happen then its ment to come "tomorrow" again yahoo.gif. a "Today" would be nicer to hear wallbash.gifnonono.gifbiggrin.gif

I do agree also but we still have to remain positive while it shows us that eye candy. I would be more concerned if it showed warm and mild.

There is still hope, a fools hope but its there none the less.yahoo.gif

Lol after reading that i realise i really have seen lord of the rings to many times...

Edited by mullender83

Posted

I do agree also but we still have to remain positive while it shows us that eye candy. I would be more concerned if it showed warm and mild.

There is still hope, a fools hope but its there none the less.yahoo.gif

Lol after reading that i realise i really have seen lord of the rings to many times...

True, I will give it one more "tomorrow" chance :( and will wait and see what happens! - Cloud starting to move in at a fast speed from NNE direction i think.

Cant say ive ever watched a lord of the rings film actually lol! :yahoo:

Posted

ITV Weather reckon snow for us here in Dorset tonight with temps of -2c and then snow shower tomorrow morning.

Believe it when i see it as they got it wrong the other night!

P.S Does anyone know how i can edit my netweather name 'Snowman15' so i can delete the 15 bit?? :D

Edited by Snowman15

Posted

The sun is out and lovely. Temp now 4.9 Degrees.

There seems to be alot of talk about a break down from south west which would give us rain for a change not snow looking at current situation. Looks like the beast from the east will end up going out like a drowned cat for us in west country. cray.gifbad.gif

Lol. The beast never appeared...again. This so called cold spell confined to the SE corner of the country. Very disppointing considering some experienced weather watchers

predicted for the WHOLE country.

ITV Weather reckon snow for us here in Dorset tonight with temps of -2c and then snow shower tomorrow morning.

Believe it when i see it as they got it wrong the other night!

P.S Does anyone know how i can edit my netweather name 'Snowman15' so i can delete the 15 bit?? cc_confused.gif

I take your 15 years old then?

Posted

Looking forward to some snow heresmile.gif Half an hour ago my weather station was showing a dewpoint of - 2 smile.gif

Jane our chances have shot up now compared to yesterday...so radar watching and window watching :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and thundery or Cold and snowy.

:D:D:D

freezing here..still ice around...

South West England:

Gloucestershire

Swindon

Wiltshire

Heavy Snow Fri 18 Dec

There is a moderate risk of severe weather affecting parts of eastern and southern England. Snow showers, especially during the first half of the day, will give local accumulations of 5 cm, with perhaps 10 cm on hills. Some drifting snow is possible in the strong north to northeasterly wind.

Issued at: 0847 Thu 17 Dec

Humm.

Im gonna go all Fox Mulder on yall and say i want to believe, However I just cant see it myself.

It started to snow last night when i stumbled home from some random club but these showers today and tomorrow look like they will just be in the east.

I want to believe but i cant! I just cant take it!

Posted

Lol. The beast never appeared...again. This so called cold spell confined to the SE corner of the country. Very disppointing considering some experienced weather watchers

Come on lets not insult people, the forums better without it.

Snow showers getting as far west as Manchester further north and Birmingham further south.

Meto 06Z has increased the area of precip to potentially effecting Dorset as well, so lets see what happens.

Also lets wait until the cold spell if over before saying what's right or wrong :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

I'm slightly concerned that the temperature here is rising still, up to 3.9C now after a low of 0.0C. Sunny with light winds and feeling a tad warmer than yesterday. Let's hope the northeasterly wind kicks in with some snow showers later.

I've noticed on the ten day forecast that the temperatures are very well suppressed all through the forecast with good chances for snow here and there, a sign of prolonged cold. Things are looking positive, just need that mercury to fall now. :D

Posted

Humm.

Im gonna go all Fox Mulder on yall and say i want to believe, However I just cant see it myself.

It started to snow last night when i stumbled home from some random club but these showers today and tomorrow look like they will just be in the east.

I want to believe but i cant! I just cant take it!

I understand How you feel...

I feel more positive about us today...But treading with caution to see what happens...

seeing Ron Macewee last night as given me hope that we will see snow at some point....

Infact at one point he actually said everyone!!!

I have alot of faith in his forecast's and he his often not wrong :D

chin up.......

Edited by dogs32

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunder, strong winds

5C here, and rising. With the sunshine it feels quite warm here. I can't help thinking that for this far southwest at least it'll be a two day easterly (which we never do well in terms of snow from), followed by a half-arsed northerly which will be replaced with milder weather next week. Very cynical I know, but I can't help thinking this doesn't look all that special anymore. Would LOVE to be proved wrong!

Posted

No im not 15 anymore. I was years ago hence i want to get rid of it!

Edited by Snowman15

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms :D

Jane our chances have shot up now compared to yesterday...so radar watching and window watching drinks.gif

Fingers crossed dogs lol.. let's hope we do get some snow as you know we never have much luck with storms,so snow would be great until storm season lol

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and thundery or Cold and snowy.

LOL, I have to agree.

The weather here in glos is VERY boring .

We dont get storms anymore ( I saw about 2 very distant flashes this year )

And snow is normally a massive NONO.

I think these hills around us must be sheltering us.

Posted

Latest snow,rain radar, zoomable and based on the very good french site. It's also totally free which Paul won't like.

Red = snow, blue = rain, grey = not too sure. !

Anyway those of us in the east of the region might want to keep a watch out later today and tomorrow.

http://www.raintoday.co.uk/

I must say that this is taken from one of the other threads so I can't take any credit for it.

post-6326-12610536041852_thumb.png

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunder, strong winds

No im not 15 anymore. I was years ago hence i want to get rid of it!

PM one of the team and they can alter your name for you.