Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Scottish Cold Spell Discussion 3

Methuselah

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

Some photos from my sunny :( walk. Almost went over three times but was saved by the pram, not for the first time.

Nice pics, Catch...Be patient??? :D

What Pete's not telling you is that he's got an industrial sized snow machine just out of shot!

Blast! My secret's out... :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Freezing fog, frost, snow, sunshine.

Pete, what a day! Deep heavy snow, icicles with snow settling on them, snow against the walls! Today wasn't supposed to be much of an event! What interests me is tonight, could see some snow showers lingering around Inverness! This could be our heaviest fall since 2006!

Posted

Pete, what a day! Deep heavy snow, icicles with snow settling on them, snow against the walls! Today wasn't supposed to be much of an event! What interests me is tonight, could see some snow showers lingering around Inverness! This could be our heaviest fall since 2006!

Aye, mate...It's certainly starting to look that way. And, no Sun to melt it??

Posted

So if Manchester airport can shut due to the snowfall witnessed by some of us earlier this morning, just look what is about to cover the whole of Scotland :drinks:

This sat chart explains well - roughly locate Manchester and you'll see the "small" amount of cloud. Put that in context to the cloudcover rolling in from the north.

ASII_20091220_1100.png

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and cold. Enjoy all extremes though.

So if Manchester airport can shut due to the snowfall witnessed by some of us earlier this morning, just look what is about to cover the whole of Scotland :blink:

This sat chart explains well - roughly locate Manchester and you'll see the "small" amount of cloud. Put that in context to the cloudcover rolling in from the north.

ASII_20091220_1100.png

I got chills......They're multiplying and I'm loosing control!.....(all together now!) :clap:

Posted

Just wondering if there is much chance of snow in Fife? cc_confused.gif

I would say no, but more experienced members might have something better to say about it good.gif

I'd say there is a decent chance of snow almost anywhere in Scotland as the day goes on. For central parts probably more likely later in the afternoon going into this evening.

So if Manchester airport can shut due to the snowfall witnessed by some of us earlier this morning, just look what is about to cover the whole of Scotland :blink:

ASII_20091220_1100.png

Look just above Scotland and there's a face!! It's the snow god!! :rofl:

Posted

lol CMD...I'll be starting a new thread in a mo...It'll be Vodka Time!! :blink:

Posted

A bit of a thaw beginning here, we need more snow! (or cloudcover)

I reckon you should stick up a cheeky wee nw radar shot for us!I would subscribe but I had to cancel my credit cards the other day due to my wallet sliding down the side of the bed and me not being able to find it in the 15 minutes before I left for work.

I drove into Ayr earlier to go to Morrisons for breakfast and felt like a king with my big pile of snow on my car whilst the poor Ayr dwellers only had a little covering.

post-6569-12613113611813_thumb.jpg