Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Scottish Cold Spell Discussion 3

Methuselah

Posted

Look at all that precip on the radar! Something of a more organised feature to the NW currently showing. Just had our first shower of graupel here at -5C I can't remember that happening at this temperature here for years...

Posted

Hi Ross. Just up the road from you in Galston. Hope the hills don't take more than their fair share and leave us enough to build a decent snowman. Haven't had a decent dumping here for years

Colin

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Freezing fog, frost, snow, sunshine.

Heavy snow in Inverness again, really beginning to pile up. Forecast looking very good, if we're lucky we could have it building up for the next few days. Big if, but here's hoping! :lol:

Have just got up to find it snowing snowing snowing. Thick snow falling, must have just started recently as not much on the ground but it is coming down like nothing we've seen since March 2006!!!!!!

SNOW!!!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

A good snowy morning to you, guys...And, what a lovely orange sky we have... :lol: :lol: :)

A good snowy morning to you, guys...And, what a lovely orange sky we have... :lol: :lol: :)

Orange tinge here too, a "snow sky".

Snow has stopped as it was just the first shower of the day passing through. Looks like we might catch a wee bit more later? :) Met-O have a warning out covering the next 11hours+ and if areas inland are to get a pasting, I must be first on the list to see it :) :) :)

Perfect set-up for snow for this area today. If it doesn't give us a dumping then nothing will :)

Posted

Aye CMD, it's looking good...Best since March 2006!!! :lol:

Aye CMD, it's looking good...Best since March 2006!!! :lol:

We'll judge it after any snowfall!! :)

I have been stung by proclaiming "best snow since..." before. Although just two more snow showers would give "best snow since Jan 2007" :lol:

Edited by CatchMyDrift

Posted

We'll judge it after any snowfall!! :lol:

I have been stung by proclaiming "best snow since..." before. Although just two more snow showers would give "best snow since Jan 2007" :lol:

Honestly mate, here (by the coast, anyway) this is the best since then...The last two winters were dire!

Honestly mate, here (by the coast, anyway) this is the best since then...The last two winters were dire!

Peter, I can well believe that. I almost cried the other day when my eldest son Cameron (5) was walking through the dusting of snow we had and announced "this snow is really really deep Daddy".

Posted

What a fantastic way to wake up this morning..

Big flakes and about 3in of fluffy white stuff.

It slowed down about earlier but its now massive flakes and drifting lovely...

Night shift tonight so i better get out the huskies!!!!!!!!! :yahoo: :w00t: :w00t: :w00t:

Edit my last....

ITS A BLIZZARD.....

Orange tinge here too, a "snow sky".

Snow has stopped as it was just the first shower of the day passing through. Looks like we might catch a wee bit more later? :rofl: Met-O have a warning out covering the next 11hours+ and if areas inland are to get a pasting, I must be first on the list to see it :) :) :)

Perfect set-up for snow for this area today. If it doesn't give us a dumping then nothing will :)

ITS DUMPING NOW MY FRIEND....ITS DUMPING

ITS DUMPING NOW MY FRIEND....ITS DUMPING

Still only just a covering here, although it is snowing at the moment. I'm sure we'll be rolling in it later. BBC forecast this morning suggested snow showers all day and then "a further 20cm overnight" for some parts of the central belt :w00t: Will keep an eye on the news to see if it was just the hangover hearing things :yahoo:

For once on a Sunday I am ready to go at 7.30am, shaved, washed and dressed!! Just need some daylight now....

Posted

Looks like a (1-2hr?) gap in the showers is heading my way? Long enough to allow temps to plummet... :yahoo:

Posted

Greta you are all getting good dump of snow.

As the day goes on, looks like other areas, east ,southern and central areas will jion in due to the low tracking over Scotland.

This could be on eto remember!!!!!!!!cold.gifdrinks.gifcold.gifyahoo.gif

Let it snow

Looks like a (1-2hr?) gap in the showers is heading my way? Long enough to allow temps to plummet... :yahoo:

Nothing much happening here either, some light snow showers but nothing like the snow at 6am.

Edit: Getting towards daylight now so I think I'll be outside waking the neighbours up very soon. There's no way my 5 year old is going to stay in today. Amazingly our youngest son Angus (18mnths) seems to be scared of snow!!! He has almost no fear about anything else, but the snow is freaking him out.

Edited by CatchMyDrift

Posted

http://www.netweather.tv/index.cgi?action=charts;type=fax;sess=

Worth having a look at these charts this morning........yahoo.gifyahoo.gifyahoo.gifyahoo.gif specially the one for midnight tonoight

Posted

Scared of snow?? My cats were scared of snow, rain, hail - anything with water in it! :lol:

Anyhoo, the straw-clutching part of my psyche is hoping that the gap is being caused by a monster blizzard approaching from the NW??? :D:):D:)

Posted

Nothing more here overnight, though temps have now risen from a low of -3 to -0.5, DP -3

Wasn't expecting anything as westerly's don't work for us here, too sheltered by the Hills, but I think Moray/Ellon managed to grab a few showers late last evening

Congrats Pete and GG sounds beautiful, enjoy the day!

My son was on phone last night organising friends for sledging today, so if you need me you know where I'll be :D

and not that I want to pretend I know what I'm chatting about but what's that curly thing sitting above us?

http://www.sat24.com/Region.aspx?country=eu&sat=ir&type=loop

Posted

Thanks snooz, enjoy your day on the piste...Maybe (depending on what the LP does) tonight and tomorrow might be better for you?? :D

Posted

A low like that coming straight down from the north in already cold airclap.gif

How much snow is it possible to get out of such a sysytem? Must have large potentialcrazy.gif

Posted

Morning Richard, and CMD (sorry I called you GG before!)

Yes Pete maybe.. but whatever, I don't know what'll happen with that either but no matter, there's enough for now & It'll be fun watching it develop later :D

Edited by Snooz

Posted

A low like that coming straight down from the north in already cold airclap.gif

How much snow is it possible to get out of such a sysytem? Must have large potentialcrazy.gif

Monster potential - especially with embedded troughs?? My only worry (me being on the coast) is that the LP may have 'warm' air in its core...Could cause some sleety-stuff to fall around some coasts, at times? On the plus-side, clear spells and light winds could allow some very low nighttime minima...

I don't envy the MetO with this situation; 'tis very complex! :D