Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Scottish Cold Spell Discussion 3

Methuselah

Morning Richard, and CMD (sorry I called you GG before!)

No worries, I mean there's no difference between us except that one of us is good looking, intelligent, funny and very rich and the other one of us is me.

Posted

Winter wonderland this morning -2c and another couple of inches overnight with what looks like a few more inches on the radar to the north of us later this morning and all pre Christmas Must have to go back to "81" December to get similar.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Southerly tracking low pressure in winter. Hot and thundery in the summer

Hi everyone in snowy scotland , im a midlander and currently a very bitter man with no snow , just thougt id ask for some of your thoughts for the day as to weather you think the low will chuck anythin our way throught the day ? Iv looked at the satalite link and it looks like coming south a bit through the day which may produce im hoping anyway !! Any thoughts welcome . Thanks

Posted

No worries, I mean there's no difference between us except that one of us is good looking, intelligent, funny and very rich and the other one of us is me.

:doh: LMAO

You got the neighbours up yet? heheh

Morning too NorthernLights, I thought you'd managed to grab some of the showers, good stuff!

Edited by Snooz

Posted

Hi Ross. Just up the road from you in Galston. Hope the hills don't take more than their fair share and leave us enough to build a decent snowman. Haven't had a decent dumping here for years

Colin

Morning Dinger, me to! Although I count Galston as a hill!! :doh:

Only about a cm or 2 here but the sky still looks full of snow!

Posted

Monster potential - especially with embedded troughs?? My only worry (me being on the coast) is that the LP may have 'warm' air in its core...Could cause some sleety-stuff to fall around some coasts, at times? On the plus-side, clear spells and light winds could allow some very low nighttime minima...

I don't envy the MetO with this situation; 'tis very complex! drinks.gif

Looks as if on GSF the uppers go to -5, but on MO the go to around -6. Here's hoping. I think for covective showers this is still OK, but fronts may be marginal. Very difficult day to forcast. Beeb 24 talk of nothing but snow (no rain or sleet) for the next few days and there imfo comes from the MO. let the games begin!

Posted

well all a bit strange here ,it's snowing on and off has been all night and we have a covering about 2 cm but haven't been outside yet ,just been to the 2 local weather stations ,we are in the middle one says the temp is 4.2 with a dew piont of 3.4 ,wind chill -0.5 and the other is saying temp of 2.7 and a dew p

point of .7,wind chill -2.6

Edited by milkmaid

Morning Dinger, me to! Although I count Galston as a hill!! :doh:

Only about a cm or 2 here but the sky still looks full of snow!

You've got more than me then, barely even a covering here at the moment :doh: Can still see the grass through it. Although it is snowing again.

Posted

Snowing here again now.

Erskine bridge looks fun:

post-26-12612986870413_thumb.jpg

CMD: it'sa cm or 2 on hard surfaces, can still see bits of the grass (although it is quite long!)

:doh: LMAO

You got the neighbours up yet? heheh

Not yet, the wee one has gone down for his morning nap so we'll wait until he gets up probably about ten or so. Can you imagine what time we were up at this morning if the wee lad went for his mid-morning snooze at 8.20am??? I love both my kids dearly, but honestly??!!!!!!!!!!!!

CMD: it'sa cm or 2 on hard surfaces, can still see bits of the grass (although it is quite long!)

Sounds about similar then. I can't be outdone by you, it's just not possible :cold:

Great to see snow on the Erskine bridge road, that's not too far away from here, although obviously down at sea level :doh: :doh:

Edit: Here's a game for everyone this morning, find a completely snow free camera from Traffic Scotland:

http://www.trafficscotland.org/lev/index.aspx

Edited by CatchMyDrift

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

Morning :)

A few clouds in the sky with some "orange". Temp is -1.6. I keep seeing snowflakes even though theres no clouds, or very little, my eyes are playing tricks on me lol

'Morning SL2...Hope really does play tricks, doesn't it? I got a tad excited yesterday - before I'd remembered that I'd forgotten that I'd just thrown some breadcrumbs out to the birds! :)

Posted

SNOWING :)

Sky looking full drinks.gif

'Morning SL2...Hope really does play tricks, doesn't it? I got a tad excited yesterday - before I'd remembered that I'd forgotten that I'd just thrown some breadcrumbs out to the birds! wallbash.gif

I think i was seeing snowflakes lol

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder storms.

Well, several inches here overnight.

Looks stunning, but it is making my moving house almost impossible!

Posted

Stopped here!!!!

Can someone please help me out here......Whats it looking like for a real dumping of the white stuff (working nightshift tonight)

Posted

Stopped here!!!!

Can someone please help me out here......Whats it looking like for a real dumping of the white stuff (working nightshift tonight)

Very good, Darren Bett just said on N24 of up to 20cm before the end of then night. He then showed persistant snow for tomorrow!

Snow here:

snow1.JPG

snow2.JPG

Posted

temps have dropped now -4C.

The sky has a real pinky orange glow and as Mr Tattum says there is a dark mass on the radar on its way towards us!!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and cold. Enjoy all extremes though.

Morning all. Will have to catch up with everything that's happening. Have visitors up from Kent for Christmas and wasn't on the board last night and it nearly killed me! :) Really strange looking sky this morning, everything pink. Snow just came on and it's fairly heavy. Anything expected today?

Posted

Just had to post an update. Looking down over the Firth from here and to the north is on of the stormiest winter skies I have seen for years, almost black clouds with patches of lighter rag cloud in front tinged with purple from the rising sun, with what seems huge snowfall potential heading towards us. Snowcover on the Black Isle is right to sea level again a fairly rare occurence in recent years.

Posted

Very good, Darren Bett just said on N24 of up to 20cm before the end of then night. He then showed persistant snow for tomorrow!

Snow here:

snow1.JPG

snow2.JPG

Looks so pretty. I love when its like that, and then the kids run out and ruin it :)