Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West England Cold Spell Discussion

Methuselah

Posted

Well the south hams snow shield put on an impressive show last night, Snow depth 0, ZILCH. NAFF ALL. It's soooooooooo frustrating.cray.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.

I see that bbc weather has dangled another carrot out on thursday night! look at the snow graphics! unknw.gif

That will be gone by wed! blink.gif

-5.1c

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

Oh dear is all I can say to this non-event. The roads are now white with ice rather than snow as the temperature fell to -4.2C behind the front. Lovely clear start now and all the lawns are white too but doesn't look promising for showers at the minute.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and lots of it or warm and sunny, no mediocre dross

Gave up and went to bed when it started lashing down with rain last night, guess it must have changed to snow at some point afterwards as it's all white outside. It's no more than the slightest of coverings - sneezed into a bag of icing sugar type depth but its snow, and it's damn cold.

Posted

Its very icy outside, lane and paths and even on soil it is slippery with a layer of ice. On top of some walls as well showing this remained from the freezing rain at first last night. I noticed there was the smallest possible sprinkling of snow grains on the cars etc. I just wish there was the chance of a snow shower to settle on the frozen ground!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold in winter, snow, frost but warm summers please

The faintest of coverings here, but the hills further up look whiter.

Currently -2C with a chilly northerly!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms and snow

France has got our polar front now, and it looks a lot beefier for crossing the channel. Reports of heavy snow and accumulations of 15cm.

Posted

France has got our polar front now, and it looks a lot beefier for crossing the channel. Reports of heavy snow and accumulations of 15cm.

wallbash.gifwallbash.gifwallbash.gifmad.gif

Posted

Possibly mate, they're moving in the right direction - just hope they don't die out.

If you look at the bbc graphics it seems to indicate the showers won't get going here in west country until mid afternoon and getting more widespread early evening into the night. air_kiss.gif

Still hope! keep clutching those straws... unsure.gif

Posted

This morning they said only as far south as north Wales, looked pretty clear here all day.

Whats all this about Thursday?

Posted

I have black ice and frozen snow snow here on all surfaces current temp-2.2c what a beautiful crisp morning though.

Still holding out some hope for snow showers laterwallbash.gif

Posted

I see that bbc weather has dangled another carrot out on thursday night! look at the snow graphics! unknw.gif

That will be gone by wed! blink.gif

-5.1c

Carrots......that's all we ever get, innit? If it was a carrot competition, we'd win by a mile! :lol:

Posted

Carrots......that's all we ever get, innit? If it was a carrot competition, we'd win by a mile! wallbash.gif

Well i think we get our fair share of rain too! rofl.giflazy.gif

Posted

is there gunna be snow later i heard???

Not in the South West, as far as I know. Although Sky News did have something moving over Devon/Cornwall late this afternoon.

Posted

Well i think we get our fair share of rain too! rofl.giflazy.gif

We do indeed! It was raining when I went to bed last night. Mind you.....we need the rain to cook the carrots in! :D

I do have one thing that's a bit special though. The overflow pipe from my loft has been overflowing and has formed what can only be described as a small glacier on my (pitched)kitchen roof. It's still there this morning, despite the rain. If I had a digital camera I'd post a piccy of it. Presumably at some point there would have been a fine icicle too!

Note to self....get a plumber in asap! :D

Posted

We do indeed! It was raining when I went to bed last night. Mind you.....we need the rain to cook the carrots in! laugh.gif

I do have one thing that's a bit special though. The overflow pipe from my loft has been overflowing and has formed what can only be described as a small glacier on my (pitched)kitchen roof. It's still there this morning, despite the rain. If I had a digital camera I'd post a piccy of it. Presumably at some point there would have been a fine icicle too!

Note to self....get a plumber in asap! rolleyes.gif

Or you could leave it and enjoy watching your glacier grow for another couple of days. biggrin.gif

Still a chilly day here with snow laying on all surfaces although it is less that half a cm.

-1.0c

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

Just watched the national weather with Alex Deakin as they tend to be better than our regional ones. Showers staying mianly up north before mid afternoon then showers forming around our latitude after 3pm and what looked like an Estuary streamer sort of thing after dark and into the night.

Then a very cold night but clouding over from the south tomorrow as a Channel weather system may bring snow as far north as Bristol (as far as I could see)but rain along the south coast. I have hope for that but the showers for today are a bit of a downgrade.

On a plus though, the ground is all frozen, the sky is clear and the sun is shining and the temperature hasn't climbed above freezing yet here. A beautiful winter day :drinks:.

Posted

Just watched the national weather with Alex Deakin as they tend to be better than our regional ones. Showers staying mianly up north before mid afternoon then showers forming around our latitude after 3pm and what looked like an Estuary streamer sort of thing after dark and into the night.

Then a very cold night but clouding over from the south tomorrow as a Channel weather system may bring snow as far north as Bristol (as far as I could see)but rain along the south coast. I have hope for that but the showers for today are a bit of a downgrade.

On a plus though, the ground is all frozen, the sky is clear and the sun is shining and the temperature hasn't climbed above freezing yet here. A beautiful winter day smile.gif.

Wow id love a streamer event here in west country drinks.gif